Author Topic: North Idaho Ice  (Read 540132 times)

Offline plfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: North Idaho Ice
« Reply #4560 on: Dec 18, 2022, 12:26 PM »
The little lakes in the area are fishable up here…and the cold temps will help even more…but Priest Lake needs more time

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4561 on: Dec 18, 2022, 02:20 PM »
I checked upper Twin today.  A guy and his son were fishing about a hundred feet out from the dock.  Popped a hole and it had about 5" of ice and 5 or 6" of frozen slush on top of that.  Then I went to lower Twin and talked to one guy just starting to fish for pike close to shore.  Seemed to be about 3 inches of ice with 5 or 6 inches of frozen slush on top of that.   If you go, be careful, it may not be that good all over. 

Offline JimBob2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4562 on: Dec 18, 2022, 07:35 PM »
I fished Hauser today, 20 cars in the parking lot when I left at 3:15. Bite was hot I kept 10 Perch and one nice Bluegill, in less than 2 hrs.

Offline Idaho Panhandler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4563 on: Dec 19, 2022, 09:56 AM »
I fished Hauser today, 20 cars in the parking lot when I left at 3:15. Bite was hot I kept 10 Perch and one nice Bluegill, in less than 2 hrs.

How did the ice look, JimBob2?

Offline DEER4DINNER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4564 on: Dec 19, 2022, 10:17 AM »
Any size to the perch?

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4565 on: Dec 19, 2022, 02:31 PM »
Well I'm going to try night fishing this next weekend at Avondale for crappie maybe bullhead catfish if they want to bite
Fishaholic yes I am do I need help only with finding a bigger place to store all my stuff

Offline Idaho Panhandler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4566 on: Dec 19, 2022, 03:11 PM »
Well I'm going to try night fishing this next weekend at Avondale for crappie maybe bullhead catfish if they want to bite

Have you heard how the ice is on Avondale?

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4567 on: Dec 19, 2022, 08:18 PM »
It's safe but by next weekend it should be safer there's maybe 4-5 inches on there 2 clear rest cloudy
Fishaholic yes I am do I need help only with finding a bigger place to store all my stuff

Offline Idaho Panhandler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4568 on: Dec 19, 2022, 10:38 PM »
It's safe but by next weekend it should be safer there's maybe 4-5 inches on there 2 clear rest cloudy

Ok thanks for the info

Offline JimBob2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4569 on: Dec 20, 2022, 05:16 PM »
How did the ice look, JimBob2?
4 inches clear and 2 inches of cloudy.

Offline JimBob2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4570 on: Dec 20, 2022, 05:30 PM »
Any size to the perch?
I kept the ones 8" and over, I took 10 home, 1 nice bluegill 8".  I think if I had taken my fish finder I might have been able to move around and found the bluegills. I was using a trout magnet with bright yellow plastic tail tipped with a crappie bites by power bait. As soon as you got it to the bottom and picked it up they were biting.

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4571 on: Dec 20, 2022, 09:55 PM »
Any news on how mirror is doing heard reports that people are fishing it already  ???

Offline houlzhouse

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4572 on: Dec 21, 2022, 01:00 PM »
perch are stacked in hauser if you get out in slightly deeper water-20-25 fow.  We caught 40 keepers in 3 hours

Offline houlzhouse

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4573 on: Dec 21, 2022, 01:00 PM »
+1 on mirror-curious how the koke bite is going

Offline ForestGuy88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4574 on: Dec 21, 2022, 01:59 PM »
Anyone been out to the chain lakes and checked the ice?

Offline Vandal78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4575 on: Dec 21, 2022, 02:07 PM »
Anyone been out to the chain lakes and checked the ice?
They are all good, except Rose Lake. I haven't checked personally, but people have been out on all of them the past few weekends.

Offline plfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4576 on: Dec 21, 2022, 06:21 PM »
An update on Priest….was in Coolin Bay this afternoon.  No ice and the NE breeze was keeping a pretty good chop on the lake.  Very little ice around the docks and it will be awhile yet before the main bay freezes.  -20 tonight might help but it was 4 degrees when I was in Coolin.

Offline DEER4DINNER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4577 on: Dec 21, 2022, 08:22 PM »
Thank you for the reply.  Sounds good.  I haven't been out yet.  Been busy with other things and just dug out my ice fishin' gear today and of course, my auger won't start.  Not that it's a deal breaker, I'm sure I can kick some holes open if I can't get it going.  I'm anxious to do some fishing with the kids over their winter break.  We'll likely hit Hauser, Gamble, Blue and Hayden.. maybe some others.  I'll keep everyone posted on the successes or lack of and ice conditions.  Thanks again! Brad @ Lateral Concepts, LLC, Sewer Inspection & Locating

I kept the ones 8" and over, I took 10 home, 1 nice bluegill 8".  I think if I had taken my fish finder I might have been able to move around and found the bluegills. I was using a trout magnet with bright yellow plastic tail tipped with a crappie bites by power bait. As soon as you got it to the bottom and picked it up they were biting.

Offline dudemandude

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4578 on: Dec 21, 2022, 09:01 PM »
Any word of Pend Oreille? If or when will it freeze, if so where would it freeze, by the bridges? Sandpoint area?

Offline TOMINATER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4579 on: Dec 21, 2022, 09:42 PM »
Anyone have an ice report for Blue, Freeman, or Chase? I live a bit further away from there now, but still want to go at somepoint before the new year.

Offline JimBob2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4580 on: Dec 21, 2022, 10:29 PM »
Any news on how mirror is doing heard reports that people are fishing it already  ???
I'd like to know about the koke bite too.

Offline Lcsodiver

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4581 on: Dec 21, 2022, 11:06 PM »
Anyone have an ice report for Blue, Freeman, or Chase? I live a bit further away from there now, but still want to go at somepoint before the new year.

We hit Freeman Saturday, ice was 6” clear with a slush layer on top and about 4” frozen solid snow on the very top.

Bite was very slow, we only got a small perch and a small crappie, both release to get bigger. There were at least 4 other groups out there. Didn’t sound like anyone else was having much luck. One guy had a decent trout and a bass the day before.

Offline TOMINATER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4582 on: Dec 22, 2022, 08:40 PM »
We hit Freeman Saturday, ice was 6” clear with a slush layer on top and about 4” frozen solid snow on the very top.

Bite was very slow, we only got a small perch and a small crappie, both release to get bigger. There were at least 4 other groups out there. Didn’t sound like anyone else was having much luck. One guy had a decent trout and a bass the day before.

Thanks for the report! That is literally the first time I have ever heard of someone catching a trout at Freeman in the 5 years I've fished it lol.

Offline Idaho Panhandler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4583 on: Dec 22, 2022, 11:16 PM »
Man, I sure haven't heard of anyone having much luck on freeman this year. I went a few weeks ago and could only get tiny perch to bite. Hopefully things will pick up there as the season progresses because it really is a cool spot.

Offline Idaho Panhandler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4584 on: Dec 22, 2022, 11:18 PM »
Does anyone know how sportsman's access on Hayden lake is looking? Is anyone managing to ice a few pike?

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4585 on: Dec 23, 2022, 01:04 PM »
Mirror sucked only two kokanee in 4 hours ice wasn't much better

Offline Lcsodiver

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4586 on: Dec 23, 2022, 04:34 PM »
Thanks for the report! That is literally the first time I have ever heard of someone catching a trout at Freeman in the 5 years I've fished it lol.

Summer time the trout were nice. 14” to 17”. Out about 2oclock from the dock. We were trolling black rooster tails topwater over about 40’ of water. 

I haven’t figured out where they hide under the ice yet.

Offline JimBob2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4587 on: Dec 24, 2022, 02:12 AM »
Mirror sucked only two kokanee in 4 hours ice wasn't much better
Anyone else fishing Kokaneem? What size were the ones you caught?

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4588 on: Dec 24, 2022, 02:28 AM »
We didn't see anyone tell like 9am and we left an hour after that as for size the spawning kokanee was 11"and the normal one was 8"

Offline Idaho Panhandler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4589 on: Dec 25, 2022, 12:41 AM »
Hauser perch bite is hot

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.