Author Topic: North Idaho Ice  (Read 540120 times)

Offline gillsonice

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: North Idaho Ice
« Reply #3600 on: Dec 12, 2019, 11:30 PM »
Probably

Offline gillsonice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3601 on: Dec 16, 2019, 11:30 PM »
Little update on what I know for ice conditions, Dawson and robinson lake are still fishable, perkins and bonner are not safe with soft and thin ice. I fished freeman lake this morning, and it's fishable out to the weedline from the dock with about 3 1/2 inches of not so great ice, it is thin ice still over the deeper water, it transitions to 2 inches in a matter of a few feet, so need to be very cautious. not to bad fishing early for perch 8.5 to 9.5 inches. Weather forecast is not very encouraging for ice building. Hope more stuff is fishable by new year. And that's all I know about that! Good luck and be safe

Offline perchhead1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3602 on: Dec 17, 2019, 12:54 PM »
Thanks for the report Gills, you just saved me a trip out to check conditions.  Steve.

Offline gillsonice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3603 on: Dec 17, 2019, 01:21 PM »
Perchhead , are you the steve that my wife and I see out on the ice?  I'm going to check ice again this afternoon

Offline catskinner

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Why can't it go from warm to instant fishable ice?
« Reply #3604 on: Dec 18, 2019, 01:49 AM »
Little update on what I know for ice conditions, Dawson and robinson lake are still fishable, perkins and bonner are not safe with soft and thin ice. I fished freeman lake this morning, and it's fishable out to the weedline from the dock with about 3 1/2 inches of not so great ice, it is thin ice still over the deeper water, it transitions to 2 inches in a matter of a few feet, so need to be very cautious. not to bad fishing early for perch 8.5 to 9.5 inches. Weather forecast is not very encouraging for ice building. Hope more stuff is fishable by new year. And that's all I know about that! Good luck and be safe

Did you check any more lakes, recently? I am wondering about Mirror Lk.
Doing what I do best, exploiting the natural resources of the world.

Offline gillsonice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3605 on: Dec 18, 2019, 06:49 AM »
Did you check any more lakes, recently? I am wondering about Mirror Lk.

No Sorry I have not been over that way'

Offline perchhead1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3606 on: Dec 18, 2019, 07:28 AM »
Yep that is me.

Offline gillsonice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3607 on: Dec 18, 2019, 08:38 AM »
Thought it must be, I'm Heading out to perkins in a few minutes I found 3 inches off the ramp so I will spud my way around a little, It's still not safe around the t-dock

Offline S.moyer0331

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3608 on: Dec 19, 2019, 02:04 AM »
Anyone been up to Blue lake north of priest river? It was frozen pretty early last year

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3609 on: Dec 19, 2019, 02:34 AM »
Anyone been up to Blue lake north of priest river? It was frozen pretty early last year
What is in that lake can't find any Information on it
Fishaholic yes I am do I need help only with finding a bigger place to store all my stuff

Offline IdahoJoe

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3610 on: Dec 19, 2019, 08:17 AM »
Thanks for the add. Live in Post Falls and new to ice fishing but not new to fishing. Bought all my gear and ready to go! Would like to link up with some people to hit the ice and learn as well.

Offline IdahoJoe

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3611 on: Dec 19, 2019, 08:21 AM »
Drove by the chain lakes on Monday. Mostly frozen over but I think a bit thin still. Will check it out again on Friday. Want to pull some pike through the ice at Bull run!

Offline TwoBucketBruce

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3612 on: Dec 19, 2019, 11:00 AM »
IdahoJoe, did you happen to go by Cave and Medicine Lakes while you were checking ice conditions? Are they iced over?

Offline classy_penguin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3613 on: Dec 19, 2019, 11:31 AM »
I was at Rose Lake on Sunday, There was thin ice out to about 100 yards. I was able to break through it by tossing rocks out. there. Its probably looking better as of today.

Offline S.moyer0331

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3614 on: Dec 19, 2019, 06:11 PM »
What is in that lake can't find any Information on it

It's a little lake north east of priest river.  It's a fairly small/shallow lake and has the standard array of panfish, bass, catfish, etc. We did pretty good there early season last year before things got to wet.  It's just a pretty long drive for me just to find out there's no ice.

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3615 on: Dec 19, 2019, 06:37 PM »
There any pike in there? Itching for some  :tipup: action
Fishaholic yes I am do I need help only with finding a bigger place to store all my stuff

Offline CMS

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3616 on: Dec 19, 2019, 07:19 PM »
I checked chase lake yesterday and there was 5-1/2 at the dock. Haven’t swing by blue lake. There is supposedly some tiger Muskie planted in there but I have never heard of anyone catching one.

Offline S.moyer0331

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3617 on: Dec 19, 2019, 10:13 PM »
I checked chase lake yesterday and there was 5-1/2 at the dock. Haven’t swing by blue lake. There is supposedly some tiger Muskie planted in there but I have never heard of anyone catching one.

If chase had 5 1/2 I'm almost positive blue is fishable

Offline catskinner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3618 on: Dec 19, 2019, 11:31 PM »
I checked chase lake yesterday and there was 5-1/2 at the dock. Haven’t swing by Blue lake. There is supposedly some tiger Muskie planted in there but I have never heard of anyone catching one.

Did you check Freeman again cms? And S.moyer0331 there are pike in there

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3619 on: Dec 19, 2019, 11:40 PM »
I'd be careful on blue I was near the blue lake and the river had no ice ever along the edge I might be out there this Saturday

Offline S.moyer0331

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3620 on: Dec 20, 2019, 01:35 AM »
Did you check Freeman again cms? And S.moyer0331 there are pike in there

Catskinner I'm not sure to be honest. I haven't caught any, but then again I've never fished for them there.

Offline CMS

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3621 on: Dec 20, 2019, 08:51 AM »
I haven’t been by to check freeman, with last nights snow and rain everything around my house is a sloppy mess

Offline gillsonice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3622 on: Dec 20, 2019, 09:13 AM »
Ice Wreck'in weather were have'in   >:(

Offline catskinner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3623 on: Dec 20, 2019, 10:59 AM »
 Weather  :(

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3624 on: Dec 21, 2019, 12:06 PM »
Blue lake up in priest river area is frozen but I couldn't get out to the main part of the lake do to the beaver lodge but there was 5.5" of ice leading up to the lodge

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3625 on: Dec 21, 2019, 01:37 PM »
Woke up to 39 degrees and rain in Garwood.  50 degrees by 11:30 am.   Not a good sign. 

Offline IcekiddKt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3626 on: Dec 22, 2019, 10:10 AM »
Blue lake up in priest river area is frozen but I couldn't get out to the main part of the lake do to the beaver lodge but there was 5.5" of ice leading up to the lodge
so there isn’t any way to get on blue lake at all right now?

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3627 on: Dec 22, 2019, 11:12 AM »
I'm just checked it simply cause I was up there visiting a friend  I'm not familiar with any other way to get on to the lake but through the what i assume is the boat launch that has a beaver lodge at the end of it

Offline IdahoJoe

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3628 on: Dec 23, 2019, 09:44 AM »
IdahoJoe, did you happen to go by Cave and Medicine Lakes while you were checking ice conditions? Are they iced over?

I drove by there. Ice didn't look too promising and can only expect worse now with the warmer weather we had. I went into Fins and Feathers on Saturday and they said no fishable ice reports yet but I hear up high they are fishable from what I watched on youtube from the Clumdog outdoors guys. It looks like another late winter this year like last year.

Offline IcekiddKt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3629 on: Dec 23, 2019, 06:51 PM »
I'm just checked it simply cause I was up there visiting a friend  I'm not familiar with any other way to get on to the lake but through the what i assume is the boat launch that has a beaver lodge at the end of it
thanks for the info!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.