Author Topic: North Idaho Ice  (Read 540133 times)

Offline CMS

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: North Idaho Ice
« Reply #3150 on: Jan 13, 2018, 09:02 PM »
I caught a 50lb bottom fish today on one of the games at triple play, my son caught a 5lb mackerel. On my way through I swung by spirit and there was 4 guys out in the middle so I think I'll give it a try tommorow

Offline chi04003

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3151 on: Jan 13, 2018, 10:18 PM »
How do you get out on Avondale? Where do you park?

Also how is the ice holding up on Avondale, fernan and spirit?

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3152 on: Jan 14, 2018, 01:48 AM »
I posted on 105 how the ice is  as for parking you park right there at the golf course and you walk down the hill and take a right and you'll see where everyone else is walking off on the ice
Fishaholic yes I am do I need help only with finding a bigger place to store all my stuff

Offline DEER4DINNER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3153 on: Jan 14, 2018, 02:52 PM »
Anyone been to Round lake recently?  How's the ice?  Also what are conditions at Fernan after this warm spell?   Thinking of hitting one or the other tomorrow with my daughter since she's out of school for the holiday.   Hoping to find some perch. 

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3154 on: Jan 14, 2018, 04:06 PM »
Ice is about 6" on fernan  with a 1" of slush bite is super slow  only been out tell dark and caught 1 bass and a good mess of perch
Fishaholic yes I am do I need help only with finding a bigger place to store all my stuff

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3155 on: Jan 14, 2018, 08:24 PM »

Offline waltermaurer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3156 on: Jan 15, 2018, 01:11 AM »
Avondale ice was still around 6" on Saturday, Jan. 13, but close to a foot of water on the edges now (waders recommended).   I've fished it almost every day for the past 3 weeks, but the bite (for me) has been really poor this past week, averaging only 1 fish per hour.  Have not been using a sonar, but the bites are so light I'm not sure it would matter; one or two light bites per hole is all I get, seems like they spook really quickly, so I now move to a different hole every few minutes.  Enjoyed last Friday when I caught the Avondale Variety Pack: newly-stocked trout, bass, bluegill, perch, and crappie.  Sounds like the bite's also been pretty slow elsewhere.

Offline DEER4DINNER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3157 on: Jan 15, 2018, 07:34 PM »
Hit Round with my daughter today for about 3 hours.  Good ice.  Still a total of 9", about 3 or 4 of which are white with about another 4" of frozen slush on top which makes it difficult to walk when you unexpectedly break through periodically.  Fishing was slow.  Had a couple really light bites which I think were dink perch or sunfish and iced one small largemouth.   4 other people out that weren't doing any good either.  Hoping to get to Gamble soon.

Offline stjoemitch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3158 on: Jan 16, 2018, 07:45 PM »
What are the current ice conditions on the south east sude of Fernan?

Offline willrile4

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3159 on: Jan 16, 2018, 07:55 PM »

Was out there yesterday, the ice itself is still a solid 4-5inches with 2-3 of cloudy. Over by the boat launch which is where I assume you are talking looked good. Multiple vehicles and people were walking off the dock. Although I fished the second turnout and the ice was melted about 3 or 4 ft form the shore. I got out on the ice by hopping of a rock, but would advise a board at this point. Hopefully the rain stops and temps drop otherwise this is going to be a short season.

Offline bullpine

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3160 on: Jan 16, 2018, 08:33 PM »
Was there yesterday. The edge is going or gone.  Tricky getting onto the ice.  Need a big freeze.  But then still need to be careful as there is open water all along the road. 

Offline Skookum1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3161 on: Jan 17, 2018, 04:35 PM »
How big was the kokanee and trout

Sorry for the delay. Trout were in the 12-14" range, one may have been closer to 16" and the Kokanee was probably 8"

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3162 on: Jan 18, 2018, 05:39 AM »
Any news of safe ice

Offline waltermaurer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3163 on: Jan 18, 2018, 12:03 PM »
I was on Avondale yesterday afternoon, still 6" or more away from edge.  Wear waders or bring a board.  Fishing was still poor.

Offline DEER4DINNER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3164 on: Jan 18, 2018, 02:43 PM »
Drove around Fernan yesterday.  Nobody fishing at the east end.  There were a few near the docks at the west end and under the power line. 

Anyone been to Hayden in the last couple of days? 

Also looking for a report from Gamble.

Offline hugeinchina

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3165 on: Jan 19, 2018, 11:26 AM »
I'm planning a trip to Round in the morning. I will post a report when we get back. Hopefully it's not too sloppy.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #3166 on: Jan 19, 2018, 12:53 PM »
I get much the same weather as Round Lake.  Wednesday and night rained, very heavy many times with no stabilizing freeze. 38*f now.   

Ice-out, oops, sorry, that's too nasty for January, Pack River is open water.    :cookoo:

Offline hugeinchina

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3167 on: Jan 19, 2018, 01:29 PM »
hmmm...ok. Well, I will hope for the best and have a backup plan I guess. Have you driven by at all today?

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #3168 on: Jan 19, 2018, 02:20 PM »
I'll do my best to get out there, much fewer miles, plus, I want to know too.    ;)2

Offline hugeinchina

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3169 on: Jan 19, 2018, 02:31 PM »
Thank you, sir!

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3170 on: Jan 19, 2018, 04:04 PM »
The icebox at spirit is still good ice had a blast hooked sime chinook,crappie, cutthroat, and some kokanee with we could if hooked up with every bite we had would of had trouble finding room on my stringer(28 hook stringer) thinking we should do a north idaho meet up soon there can argue with pink meat cutthroat, and kokanee 

Offline hugeinchina

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3171 on: Jan 19, 2018, 05:04 PM »
Sounds fun

Offline Raygun94

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3172 on: Jan 19, 2018, 05:27 PM »
Just signed up here. Went to Avondale this afternoon and nobody on the ice. Water along the shore and a hole with pylons around it near the South end.
Guess it's time to get the boat ready!

Offline Idahoice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3173 on: Jan 19, 2018, 07:47 PM »
Raygun I hope your wrong! We will see what mother winter brings this way! I’m hoping for another good freeze!

Offline Raygun94

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3174 on: Jan 19, 2018, 08:09 PM »
 I'm just learning this site. Someone asked if I got any fish on my e-mail and I couldn't reply. No fish. I didn't attempt to go out on Avondale.
Idahoice I'm with you.

Offline wlai

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3175 on: Jan 19, 2018, 08:24 PM »
I'd love to come over to a N. Idaho ice fishing event, all the way from Seattle area!

Offline hugeinchina

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3176 on: Jan 19, 2018, 08:37 PM »
Raygun, you should be able to send and receive messages once you’ve posted, I think, twice(?). If that’s the case, you might be able to reply to that Pm now. Otherwise, just post once or twice more then try.  ;D

Offline Raygun94

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3177 on: Jan 20, 2018, 12:14 AM »
Thanks huge, I think I've got it now.

Offline jagmt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3178 on: Jan 20, 2018, 12:51 AM »
The icebox at spirit is still good ice had a blast hooked sime chinook,crappie, cutthroat, and some kokanee with we could if hooked up with every bite we had would of had trouble finding room on my stringer(28 hook stringer) thinking we should do a north idaho meet up soon there can argue with pink meat cutthroat, and kokanee

We’re you out on Spirit today? Heard ice was Pretty poor. Is it still holding at 5 or so inches?

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3179 on: Jan 20, 2018, 01:03 AM »
Yeah i was and the ice and its still good now the rest of the lake im not sure i haven't heard anything regarding Bronze Bay or the Mill Pond

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.