Author Topic: North Idaho Ice  (Read 540105 times)

Offline Fishnfire1

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: North Idaho Ice
« Reply #3120 on: Jan 06, 2018, 04:17 PM »
Bronze bay is what I meant to say.

Offline CMS

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3121 on: Jan 06, 2018, 05:10 PM »
I swung by nautical loop on my way home, the parking lot is plowed, there was about a dozen people out there. It looked like some standing water on the ice maybe holes are flooding? I'll check it out tommorow.

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3122 on: Jan 06, 2018, 06:46 PM »
I swung by nautical loop on my way home, the parking lot is plowed, there was about a dozen people out there. It looked like some standing water on the ice maybe holes are flooding? I'll check it out tommorow.

thanks man looks like ill have to get water boots for my friend
Fishaholic yes I am do I need help only with finding a bigger place to store all my stuff

Offline idahnt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3123 on: Jan 06, 2018, 07:04 PM »
Anyone know what the ice fishing rules are for Washington?  You need an attorney to interpret their rule book.  :'(

Offline bullpine

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3124 on: Jan 06, 2018, 08:32 PM »
Anyone know what the ice fishing rules are for Washington?  You need an attorney to interpret their rule book.  :'(
Yeah, who knows?  I get a headache trying to figure them out too.  Silver has small perch, so don't bother with that lake.  Otherwise Moses has ice and is worth a go and has a limit on its big perch of some kind and some walleye.  Sprague has big trout now.  If Potholes gets ice there are walleye there too.

Offline Echo 6 Whiskey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3125 on: Jan 06, 2018, 08:34 PM »
8” hole or smaller you can only fish one line or two if you buy the two pole endorsement some lakes are closed in winter don’t get caught doing that most parking is by discover pass or ten 10$ a day every thing else is the same as summer. I took my nephew to bear lake today and had a blast watching him catch perch

Offline hugeinchina

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3126 on: Jan 06, 2018, 10:36 PM »
Anyone go out to Avondale today? Looking for a recent ice report for tomorrow.

Offline NarniaFisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3127 on: Jan 06, 2018, 10:47 PM »
I want to try twin lakes for pike tomorrow (hopefully there's enough ice). Does anyone have any great tips? I haven't caught a pike through the ice yet. I assume relatively shallow is where I'm looking? What kind of water depth/cover do you successful pike ice men and women look for in a spot? I really want one on my rod vs tipup

Offline IcekiddKt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3128 on: Jan 07, 2018, 12:12 PM »
Bronze bay is what I meant to say.
thanks for the info Fishnfire1

Offline CMS

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3129 on: Jan 07, 2018, 05:58 PM »
Fished nautical loop bay today, there was 5" of saturated slush on top of 4" of ice.  We shoveled out a spot for the tent, drilled, then flooded to about 6" of water. We moved the tent to the snow and managed for the day. We caught 5 nice Kokanee and 8 chinook that were around 14-15", and a couple cutthroat. Once those chinook grow they're gonna be a blast, they bite instantly.

Offline CMS

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3130 on: Jan 07, 2018, 09:25 PM »

Offline idahnt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3131 on: Jan 07, 2018, 10:09 PM »
8” hole or smaller you can only fish one line or two if you buy the two pole endorsement some lakes are closed in winter don’t get caught doing that most parking is by discover pass or ten 10$ a day every thing else is the same as summer. I took my nephew to bear lake today and had a blast watching him catch perch
Thanks for the info.  I'm headed up to Curlew Lake to try for perch.  Wasn't sure on how many lines and such.

Offline ForestGuy88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3132 on: Jan 07, 2018, 11:27 PM »
Hey, has anyone been out to the chain lakes yet? I need to get out and do some pike fishing. How's the ice?

Offline Echo 6 Whiskey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3133 on: Jan 08, 2018, 01:01 AM »
idahnt I have heard good things about curlew last year and this year I’m thinking about trying it out on the 13

Offline hugeinchina

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3134 on: Jan 08, 2018, 08:11 AM »
We are also tentatively planning a trip to Curlew this upcoming weekend. Sounds like the forum will be well represented!
Tight-lines!  :tipup:

Offline mrflores187

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3135 on: Jan 08, 2018, 04:45 PM »
Good afternoon
A buddy and I went to spirit lake off nautical loop on Saturday. We were set up about 500ft off the launch in the camo pop up. There was about 1 1/2 inch of clear solid ice with 2 inches of milky ice, and 3-4 inches of snow with ice crusted on top. We were on top of 75ft of water, with pings in my fish finder at 62-60 ft and 20-15ft. My buddy caught a nice rainbow at 20ft and I caught a decent sized Kokanee at 15ft.

We headed out around 11 to upper twin. Lots of ice up there and not allot of people. It was really windy like always. We headed about 200-250 ft off the launch. Ice measured 1 1/2 clear ice, 4 1/2-5 inches of milky ice. 2-3 inches of snow with 2iches of ice on top. We were on top of 15ft of water. Perch were pinging at the bottom but only one bit in the hour we were out there.

Hope my posts aren’t too long 😂

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #3136 on: Jan 08, 2018, 05:02 PM »
Good afternoon
A buddy and I went to spirit lake off nautical loop on Saturday. We were set up about 500ft off the launch in the camo pop up. There was about 1 1/2 inch of clear solid ice with 2 inches of milky ice, and 3-4 inches of snow with ice crusted on top. We were on top of 75ft of water, with pings in my fish finder at 62-60 ft and 20-15ft. My buddy caught a nice rainbow at 20ft and I caught a decent sized Kokanee at 15ft.

We headed out around 11 to upper twin. Lots of ice up there and not allot of people. It was really windy like always. We headed about 200-250 ft off the launch. Ice measured 1 1/2 clear ice, 4 1/2-5 inches of milky ice. 2-3 inches of snow with 2iches of ice on top. We were on top of 15ft of water. Perch were pinging at the bottom but only one bit in the hour we were out there.

Hope my posts aren’t too long 😂

Very well done ~ Your posts are exquisitely informative.    Thank you !       :thumbsup: :clap: :bow:

Offline houlzhouse

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3137 on: Jan 10, 2018, 04:28 PM »
Anybody been out recently?- wondering how the ice is holding up.  Planning to hit Bead to try for burbot on Monday.

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3138 on: Jan 10, 2018, 06:15 PM »
Anybody been out recently?- wondering how the ice is holding up.  Planning to hit Bead to try for burbot on Monday.
  bead  for burbot  i must know where this is i would love to get one even if i can keep it it would be nice to hook  one
Fishaholic yes I am do I need help only with finding a bigger place to store all my stuff

Offline jagmt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3139 on: Jan 10, 2018, 07:15 PM »
  bead  for burbot  i must know where this is i would love to get one even if i can keep it it would be nice to hook  one

There is a Bead Lake northwest Newport

Offline CMS

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3140 on: Jan 10, 2018, 08:00 PM »
Yes, it is on leclerc road on the Washington side.   I know some guys that slay the burbot in the spring out of a boat in the middle of the night.  I built some stairs out there a couple of years ago and there were guys trolling for lake trout and Kokanee.  We also saw some whopper crawfish under the dock too. 

Offline WinterIsComing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3141 on: Jan 11, 2018, 07:34 AM »
Anybody been out to Hayden this week?  Last weekend was pretty productive for our group out there but I myself am pretty green at the whole walking on icy lakes thing.  I live in Spokane and I'm wondering about ice conditions before driving over there... any one live in the area or been out there this week?  Thanks  :tipup:

Offline id ice34

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3142 on: Jan 11, 2018, 11:14 AM »
Has anyone been out to Avondale recently  i am looking at going this afternoon.

Offline jagmt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3143 on: Jan 11, 2018, 04:08 PM »
Headed to Dworshack...haven’t seen anything about it on Shanty...anyone have any tips.

Offline Jraystevens21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3144 on: Jan 11, 2018, 05:42 PM »
Headed to Dworshack...haven’t seen anything about it on Shanty...anyone have any tips.

Open water fishing?  I havent fished it much and don't know a whole lot on winter fishing but I am told they destroy the smallies with tubes early spring.  Should post an update on how good you do. Good luck!

sihlms391

« Reply #3145 on: Jan 11, 2018, 11:45 PM »
Anyone gone lower twin lately?

Offline jagmt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3146 on: Jan 12, 2018, 05:49 PM »

Some old timers talked me out of Dworshack...sorry no info to report...anyone been out wondering what the warm temps are doing to the ice...specifically mirror, spirit or twin lakes. Thanks...

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3147 on: Jan 12, 2018, 07:32 PM »
Avondale 8 1/2" ice 5 plus snow slush mix on top ,  got 7 bluegills 4 perch an 2 stocker trout

Offline Skookum1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3148 on: Jan 13, 2018, 07:53 PM »
Slow day at Mirror today with 1 Koke and 4 trout through the ice. We missed several fish to bites so light they weren't doing any damage to the worms. Ice was decent, around 6" but was a a bit of a slushy mess on top. Worms and salmon eggs seemed to be the hot bait today.

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3149 on: Jan 13, 2018, 08:40 PM »
Slow day at Mirror today with 1 Koke and 4 trout through the ice. We missed several fish to bites so light they weren't doing any damage to the worms. Ice was decent, around 6" but was a a bit of a slushy mess on top. Worms and salmon eggs seemed to be the hot bait today.
How big was the kokanee and trout

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.