Author Topic: North Idaho Ice  (Read 540134 times)

Offline hugeinchina

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: North Idaho Ice
« Reply #2970 on: Dec 19, 2017, 10:19 AM »
Shouldn't be long!  @) :tipup:

Offline IceChatter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2971 on: Dec 19, 2017, 12:00 PM »
That's the prettiest map I've seen in a long time.

Offline uprivercasey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2972 on: Dec 19, 2017, 01:27 PM »
I'm strongly considering adding a flasher to my hard water arsenal this season. I have no experience with them, but I've seen a number of people have success with them both in person and in youtube videos. Can anyone recommend, based on personal experience, a good starting unit that won't break the bank? My research has me looking at the Humminbird Ice 35 currently.
Thanks!

Offline uprivercasey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2973 on: Dec 19, 2017, 01:29 PM »
I have both the hummingbird 35 and marcum . I like the marcum better . The hummingbird is temperamental.

Offline hugeinchina

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2974 on: Dec 19, 2017, 01:30 PM »
Thanks for the feedback! I chose the Humminbird Ice 35 for the features included at the price point. I hope to have it out on the ice very soon!

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2975 on: Dec 19, 2017, 03:46 PM »
Hip hip hooray

Fishaholic yes I am do I need help only with finding a bigger place to store all my stuff

Offline bullpine

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2976 on: Dec 19, 2017, 06:52 PM »
Thanks for the feedback! I chose the Humminbird Ice 35 for the features included at the price point. I hope to have it out on the ice very soon!

I have a ICE 45 and no problems for 5 years. I like the big digital screen that does not collect snow.  Marcum makes a good product but I have heard here on the forum some have complained about "motor" failure. Let's not turn this thread into a Flasher War though as they all do the job.  On advantage I have noticed with the 45 the dual beam with the narrow beam sorting out fish in thick shallow weeds.

Offline IceChatter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2977 on: Dec 20, 2017, 02:07 AM »
So True Bullpine.  I've read the 'flasher wars' threads on other states till I was blue in the face.  Fact is I honestly haven't met one I didn't like.  The REAL power of the flasher for me is that it gives me important clues on when I should be paying attention...and when I should be drinking beer. 

Offline hugeinchina

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2978 on: Dec 20, 2017, 06:13 AM »
Thanks again. It was definitely not my intent to start a flasher war!  ;D The biggest reason I purchased one was so I could find out if there were any darn fish in the vicinity. I’ve had excursions where I never got a bump and was left wondering if it was bait selection, depth, finicky Fish, or just no Fish near me. I’m fact, when I met Blueduck out at roundlake it was just such a day. He had a flasher and was able to tell me that there were fish near the bottom, but they weren’t interested in anything.

Offline bullpine

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2979 on: Dec 20, 2017, 07:14 PM »
You will really like it when you see fish come right up off the bottom and you set the hook even though you cannot feel them.  Lots of times they will lift the bait/jig which is hard to feel or see on your rod tip.  Other times they come up and then take off again like they have seen a ghost, which means they don't like something about your presentation or you need to add a maggot or something.

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2980 on: Dec 21, 2017, 04:25 AM »
Im heading out to cougar bay to waterfowl hunt today but was wondering if any safe ice is available up north of cda  ill be checking Avondale, and sportsmen access later
Fishaholic yes I am do I need help only with finding a bigger place to store all my stuff

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2981 on: Dec 21, 2017, 01:30 PM »
Avondale 3" 20 feet out from shore
Hayden 3" 4 feet from the dock

Offline hugeinchina

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2982 on: Dec 21, 2017, 02:06 PM »
Thanks for the updates! Sounds like we will probably be good to go by Saturday or Sunday.

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2983 on: Dec 23, 2017, 01:33 PM »
Checked upper and lower Twin lakes.   Upper Twin is completely frozen over.  1 to 1 1/2" of ice near the dock.  Little or no snow on the lake but the parking lot has about 6" .  Lows in this area last night was 5 to 10 degrees. If it stays that way, like its supposed to, there might be safe ice by Tuesday of so.   Lower twin was frozen over but I didn't check the thickness.  Its a deeper lake so it might take a little longer.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #2984 on: Dec 23, 2017, 01:36 PM »
Thanks BlueDuck,
                       I may try to get out and check on Round Lake Monday...

Tom

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2985 on: Dec 23, 2017, 02:02 PM »
Went on 3"- 3 1/2" on Avondale about 20 or so feet and caught 1 trout that was about 14"

Offline hugeinchina

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2986 on: Dec 23, 2017, 03:37 PM »
Thanks for the report on Avendale! We plan on trying it Christmas.

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2987 on: Dec 23, 2017, 04:15 PM »
 I will keep you updated on how thick it gets

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #2988 on: Dec 23, 2017, 04:34 PM »
We should have gained ice last night.  I recorded minus 10 in my yard.
Looks to be a skim across Pend Oreille Lake in areas.    :clap:

:icefish:

Offline hugeinchina

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2989 on: Dec 23, 2017, 04:45 PM »
I was a little surprised the ice at Avondale was not thicker based on earlier reports before the cold snap. Sounds like we probably lost some during the first part of the week.

Offline Jraystevens21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2990 on: Dec 23, 2017, 10:47 PM »
Quick random question  what's store here in the Coeur d alene area has the best ice fishing selection?

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2991 on: Dec 24, 2017, 06:10 AM »
Blacksheep, north40, fins&feathers, walmart, and cabelas are the only stores that sell icefishing stuff and hate to be blunt but go to all of them cause each one has something the others don't

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #2992 on: Dec 24, 2017, 02:13 PM »
Very well said, RayneBidziil22, especially the blunt part.

I've found it's best to not get into a shortage and search the net for deals.    ;)2

You who don't get newspapers may enjoy the linked article below and prove your smarts. You may even get a good laugh.    :roflmao:

Click it   >                        Waiting for ice !

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2993 on: Dec 24, 2017, 05:49 PM »
So I got a report about Avondale Fernan and Blanchard for those who wish to know Avondale is about 3 to 4 inches of ice  already at least five people already out on it not including myself and a friend fernan and 2 to 3 inches of ice Blanchard lake 5 in of ice

Offline hugeinchina

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2994 on: Dec 24, 2017, 07:31 PM »
Just 3-4 inches at Avondale still huh? Well I think we are going to plan on being out there tomorrow anyway. My wife would briefer 5-6, but I’m ok with 4.

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2995 on: Dec 24, 2017, 11:21 PM »
Well ill see you out there on Avondale im heading back out tomorrow morning

Offline hugeinchina

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2996 on: Dec 24, 2017, 11:30 PM »
Ill see you there later morning probably. Grey RAM 2500. Two people, a giant at 6’7”, and my wife. See you out there!

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2997 on: Dec 25, 2017, 02:20 AM »
Look for two  black pack shaks  or two guys and a yorky 

Offline hugeinchina

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2998 on: Dec 25, 2017, 06:24 AM »
Merry Christmas!

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2999 on: Dec 25, 2017, 07:07 AM »
Merry Christmas

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.