Author Topic: North Idaho Ice  (Read 540118 times)

Offline goodtymes

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: North Idaho Ice
« Reply #2070 on: Jan 16, 2015, 08:33 AM »
Were would be the best place to go for some safe ice today?

Offline Vashtgn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2071 on: Jan 16, 2015, 08:36 AM »
I would bet round lake, avondale, and hayden for pike. But if the weather keeps getting warmer we may be looking at open water again.

Offline goodtymes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2072 on: Jan 16, 2015, 08:51 AM »
Thanks! I think ill try round. Anyone fishing up by rose lake ,chain lake areas?

Offline NedShneebly

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2073 on: Jan 16, 2015, 09:43 AM »
I've hit Cave lake hard this year. Ice is good out there. Medicine, Thompson, and Chatcolet had good ice last week when I was out there. I imagine its still good.

Offline stjoemitch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2074 on: Jan 17, 2015, 07:50 AM »
Fished the south side of Black Lake. 4 Perch no flags for pike.  Picked up and went to Cave. Nada. Headed to Thompson tomorrow.

Offline stjoemitch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2075 on: Jan 17, 2015, 02:48 PM »
Four of us fished Thompson today.  11 tip ups out.Zero flags.  Jigging  1 pike, four blue gill, three crappie, many 4" perch. Nice day on the ice, but very slow!

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #2076 on: Jan 17, 2015, 10:01 PM »
A 2 trout, full day at Round, 1st shortly after 7:15 AM, 2nd shortly after 3:00PM.    I think I'm very patient.      :woot:

4 other groups thinned out the dink perch, ha.    ;)2

Offline Packernut

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2077 on: Jan 17, 2015, 11:58 PM »
Fished Fernan Saturday 9:00 - 1:00.  5 perch largest 9 inches.  Glow jig or Swedish pimple with perch eyes.  A slow day.  Overheard an expert on the lake who had a bucket full today and was fishing near the the group of 5 at the second turnout.  He has it dialed in.  Blue shanty.   Wish I knew his secret.  Go Pack!

Packernut

Offline finncatcher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2078 on: Jan 18, 2015, 10:39 PM »

Finally found a few fish yesterday....and then the rains came.....and then the Packers lost.   >:(

Offline atholmike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2079 on: Jan 19, 2015, 10:28 AM »
Any word on the Ice conditions on Cocolalla? :wacko:

Offline Vashtgn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2080 on: Jan 19, 2015, 10:33 AM »
With the warmth and rain I can't imagine it is very good on cocolalla.

Offline icebomb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2081 on: Jan 19, 2015, 02:26 PM »

Finally found a few fish yesterday....and then the rains came.....and then the Packers lost.   >:(

Nice fish. Where were you catching gills?

Fished the morning on Fernan today and the ice is turning to crap. The shoreline is opening up fast. I walked out on ice and had to jump over a foot of water by the time I came back.

Offline goodtymes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2082 on: Jan 19, 2015, 04:07 PM »
I am going to try to get out on the ice Thurs. Were do you think would be the best bet on ice? Seems to be melting everywhere! How do the chain lakes look?

Offline bullpine

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2083 on: Jan 19, 2015, 07:42 PM »
There are some cold nights between now and Thursday so should be okay.  Next weekend it warms up again.  Try Cave and Medicine along the road but check as you go.

Offline goodtymes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2084 on: Jan 19, 2015, 11:21 PM »
That's what I thought but I will surely be cautious. Thank you for the piece of mind!

Offline fowl_language

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2085 on: Jan 20, 2015, 05:20 PM »
Anyone know what the current ice condition on Fernan is? I need to go up to Spokane tomorrow and figured I'd fish something up there while I was there.  If the ice is bad, any suggestions on where to go would be great, even Washington side is OK year licenses over there go till end of march so I'm good till then.

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2086 on: Jan 20, 2015, 06:08 PM »
Fished Round lake today.  Pretty slow.  2 trout and 8 perch.  Ice is doing ok.  8" good ice with 2 or 3 " of frozen slush on top.  About 7 other guys on the lake today.  Seemed slow for everyone.

Offline icebomb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2087 on: Jan 20, 2015, 06:10 PM »
Anyone know what the current ice condition on Fernan is? I need to go up to Spokane tomorrow and figured I'd fish something up there while I was there.  If the ice is bad, any suggestions on where to go would be great, even Washington side is OK year licenses over there go till end of march so I'm good till then.
I fished Fernan Monday and the shoreline was getting slushy with receding ice in place but the lake itself was still 5" everwhere I drilled.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #2088 on: Jan 20, 2015, 08:27 PM »
Nice chatting with you today, BlueDuck.       I left at 3:30 with 3 trout, this on Round Lake also.

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2089 on: Jan 21, 2015, 07:26 AM »
Good to see you out there gator.  I see you online alot,  but its been a while since I have seen you on the ice.  Next time out lets hope it will be a better bite.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #2090 on: Jan 21, 2015, 12:34 PM »
Yup too much online, sorta, I just stay logged in for the day.   My wife/RN says I must get out more often.  See you soon.     ;)2

Offline goodtymes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2091 on: Jan 21, 2015, 05:32 PM »
Who knows were the pike are gonna be tomorrow ? Never fought one and would love to pull one out. Any ideas?

Offline stjoemitch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2092 on: Jan 21, 2015, 08:13 PM »
Fished Fernan today. The sun came out the ice was solid and 36 keeper perch. I doesn't get much better than that!

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2093 on: Jan 21, 2015, 09:38 PM »
Hey goodtymes send me a pm I can give you some ideas on where to go
Fishaholic yes I am do I need help only with finding a bigger place to store all my stuff

Offline hugeinchina

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2094 on: Jan 22, 2015, 10:33 AM »
The ice is still safe at Fernon?! I have been holding off from making the trip from Pullman because of all of he warm weather we have seen. 40's and now 50's in the forecast. I won't be up this weekend, but I am hoping the forecast is wrong and the ice will be strong for the weekend after this!  :tipup:

Offline fowl_language

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2095 on: Jan 23, 2015, 12:53 AM »
Stjoemitch, im glad someone did well at fernan, i was out ther on wednesday, got a late start though, didnt fish until 9 am. Ice was good, pulling off the shore a bit maybe a foot or so, but once on the ice was 5". I went to the southeast side on a point ive had luck at before. Bunch of trout and only two perch. Werent hitting on mousies, more on wax worms. Did better early but one after about 11am bite went to nil, other people were doing about the same. You must have found the spot to be!

Offline stjoemitch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2096 on: Jan 23, 2015, 07:25 AM »
I have had better luck using perch eyes one to two feet off the bottom at Fernan. My buddy, who generally out fishes me, used maggots and managed a bass, trout and three perch.

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2097 on: Jan 23, 2015, 10:49 AM »
Any word on Hayden ice condition I can care less about the fishing (I know what I can get there )
Fishaholic yes I am do I need help only with finding a bigger place to store all my stuff

Offline NedShneebly

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2098 on: Jan 23, 2015, 05:36 PM »
Ice at Hayden is good. Went there this morning.

Offline Packernut

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2099 on: Jan 23, 2015, 08:16 PM »
Fished Fernan today.  Ice is holding at 5 inches with a little slush on top.  Far side of the lake is measuring at 6 inches.  A very slow day with 5 small perch and 1 small tout.  Many fisherman reporting a slow day.  I moved a lot today and just could not find them.

Packernut

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.