Author Topic: North Idaho Ice  (Read 540124 times)

Offline bullpine

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: North Idaho Ice
« Reply #1890 on: Dec 10, 2014, 12:08 AM »
This is just like last year-maybe worse.  It will get cold from Dec 19 through the first week of Jan.  The Farmers Almanac predicted a cold Nov and then a wet mild winter.  They are spot on so far. 

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #1891 on: Dec 10, 2014, 12:28 AM »
This is just like last year-maybe worse.  It will get cold from Dec 19 through the first week of Jan.  The Farmers Almanac predicted a cold Nov and then a wet mild winter.  They are spot on so far. 
Yeppers.      ;)2

Do you follow Cliff Harris in the Coeur d'Alene press ?

Here's a link :  Weather Gems

Offline 1sorearm

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1892 on: Dec 10, 2014, 07:46 AM »
That's a very interesting article gater, thanks for the link.

Offline bullpine

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1893 on: Dec 10, 2014, 10:05 AM »
"Some scientists say the sun's activity is in decline to the point we could be in another 'Maunder Minimum,' like the extended period of very low sunspot activity during the so-called 'Little Ice Age,' by 2025. Our forecast charts point to much warmer conditions starting in the 2030s.

During the Maunder Minimum, there were very few sunspots for decades. The sun normally goes through a maxima and minima cycle every 11 years. It's still a mystery as to why our sun went off that cycle from 1645 to 1715. During that time, rivers and canals froze across northern Europe. The Baltic Sea also froze. Crop failures were widespread across northern Europe."  FROM ARTICLE
http://www.cdapress.com/columns/cliff_harris/article_d129ff02-0c4b-536f-b3d8-5f7b6d7c9b75.html

This is in part how the Farmers Almanac predicts the weather.  Seems like global cooling is the big trend going forward if the sun spot activity is slowing.  So we should all need extensions for our augers soon! If the last Maunder Minimum went on for 70 years I don't know why anything would point to much warmer temps by 1930s?  Unless your a global warmer.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #1894 on: Dec 10, 2014, 12:42 PM »
If you bookmark that link, it'll lead you to a new article on Mondays.

Just think, in a short time you'll know more than a caveman.        :woot: :roflmao:

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1895 on: Dec 10, 2014, 07:22 PM »
Anyone know what the us Canadian border looks like
Fishaholic yes I am do I need help only with finding a bigger place to store all my stuff

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #1896 on: Dec 10, 2014, 10:04 PM »
Anyone know what the us Canadian border looks like
Ha, without ice and a bit of free time I could make comedy of that.      :roflmao:

But it's about 50 miles north, the fog has been fierce, so I'm waiting to hear also. 

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1897 on: Dec 11, 2014, 08:15 AM »
Remind me never to post stuff when I'm half awake
Fishaholic yes I am do I need help only with finding a bigger place to store all my stuff

Offline perchhead1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1898 on: Dec 11, 2014, 10:44 AM »
The lakes on the Canadian border are not safe, it is 42 right now in Bonners,  every night has been above freezing with rain.  If the forecast holds thing may be firmed up in a week, next Thursday or so.

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1899 on: Dec 11, 2014, 12:54 PM »
Any news on Blanchard if the lakes there are open I really need to know

Offline 1sorearm

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1900 on: Dec 11, 2014, 03:11 PM »
The lakes on the Canadian border are not safe, it is 42 right now in Bonners,  every night has been above freezing with rain.  If the forecast holds thing may be firmed up in a week, next Thursday or so.

Thanks for the update PH.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #1901 on: Dec 11, 2014, 05:41 PM »
Did you wet a line, sihlms391 ?

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #1902 on: Dec 11, 2014, 06:01 PM »
Glad you had company.    ;)2    I'm thinkin the drive in from 95 is a mess. 

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #1903 on: Dec 11, 2014, 06:37 PM »
Nice to know that ~ I've seen axle deep ruts, ha.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #1904 on: Dec 11, 2014, 08:37 PM »
I was last there, hm, 3 years back, struggled with the diesel 4X4, ha.   It looked like a Bonner Co mud road. lol

So, now, it's a wait for more ice. Oh well.    Thanks    ;)2

Offline elkhuntinfool

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1905 on: Dec 12, 2014, 12:11 AM »
Hopefully we start freezing up in the next couple weeks cause I'm running out of hunting seasons and if that happens before the ice gets here I will have to start on the dreaded "honey do list" and we all know how much fun those can be

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1906 on: Dec 12, 2014, 08:03 AM »
You could do duck hunting that way you can avoid the honey do list

Offline fowl_language

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1907 on: Dec 12, 2014, 04:42 PM »
Id be all over for ducks if i could find open launches lol, nature really screwed up my game plan this year. Ive been seeing a lot of goldeneyes this week, divers are starting to move. Mostly in retaining ponds with actuators though.

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1908 on: Dec 12, 2014, 06:23 PM »
Well do to me not having a boat I found a great spot for hunting just ask the landowner if you can hunt there (Blanchard lake) I got 2 green heads today and seen a lot of birds if you want more information pm me

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #1909 on: Dec 12, 2014, 06:46 PM »
Well, due to the lack of skills texting while driving, required me to hit a muddy turnout from which I have seen numerous waterfowl. Alas, today only resulted in the sighting of a few Jacksnipe.     :woot: :roflmao:

Offline elkhuntinfool

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1910 on: Dec 12, 2014, 09:14 PM »
Oh trust me the ducks and geese are on the list just running out of people I can stand to hunt with. Fowl_language I noticed a couple if the launches around CDA lake that were froze are now open water.  Idaho gator I have a hard time talking on the phone while driving because I usually see those little feathery creatures. Raynebidziil22 I'll send you a pm I'm probably chasing birds tomorrow

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #1911 on: Dec 12, 2014, 09:25 PM »
You have talent elkhf,   I don't even answer when behind the wheel.     One thing at a time, now, what were we talkin' about ?     :woot: :roflmao:

Really need some ice !    :bow:

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1912 on: Dec 13, 2014, 08:35 AM »
I got more shells now I can hunt more while I wait for the ice

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1913 on: Dec 13, 2014, 07:10 PM »
Well I did good at Blanchard again this time I got 2 ducks and 2 geese I seen the ice is really disappearing over there

Offline elkhuntinfool

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1914 on: Dec 16, 2014, 11:37 PM »
I'm liking these colder days we've had the last couple days. I guess I need to dig out the ice fishing stuff and start putting new line on everything so I'm ready as soon as we have safe ice

Offline fowl_language

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1915 on: Dec 17, 2014, 02:53 AM »
I was thinking the same thing, got the Eskimo out of the garage and fired it up....leaked gas all over the driveway, the main gas line gasket shrunk on me over summer...awesome. nothing a lot of JB weld couldn't fix!

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1916 on: Dec 17, 2014, 02:35 PM »
So just wondering what other stores other than blacksheep, fins&feathers, cabelas,  and Walmart sells ice fishing gear

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #1917 on: Dec 17, 2014, 02:54 PM »
The most complete coverage of all things, all seasons is at North 40 Outfitters.

477181 N Hwy 95 (NE corner of Hwy 95 and Kootenai Cutoff Road, by Home Depot, across from Wal-Mart)  255-5757

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1918 on: Dec 17, 2014, 06:40 PM »
The one at Kathleen doesn't have ice fishing or fishing right now tell the store gets expanded

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1919 on: Dec 17, 2014, 06:47 PM »
So just had a question for all you what setup do you use for pike jigging rod or tip up

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.