Author Topic: North Idaho Ice  (Read 540132 times)

Offline fowl_language

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: North Idaho Ice
« Reply #1710 on: Feb 08, 2014, 08:55 PM »
Thanks gator, i'm going up there in two weeks to sample around boat launches, need to know which ones I can get people into with waders, good to know it's locked up, are there any other access sites that you know of that are frozen?

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #1711 on: Feb 08, 2014, 09:19 PM »
It's sorta small, but produces at times: Springy Point.   N. bound hwy95, before the long bridge, left (west) on Lakeshore Drive,  can't miss it, 4 to 6 miles, of course on the right, ha. 

Offline finncatcher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1712 on: Feb 08, 2014, 10:52 PM »
Thanks, Idahogator....you had better info than the help button!

Offline finncatcher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1713 on: Feb 08, 2014, 11:11 PM »
2/8/2014

sihlms391

« Reply #1714 on: Feb 09, 2014, 03:33 AM »
nice catch. :)

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1715 on: Feb 09, 2014, 08:43 AM »
Nice mess of Gills. 

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1716 on: Feb 09, 2014, 11:42 AM »
Hey finncatcher where did you go to get that mess
Fishaholic yes I am do I need help only with finding a bigger place to store all my stuff

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #1717 on: Feb 09, 2014, 01:31 PM »
Hey !   Where'd my reply go ?    Last night at 9:25, hm.      ???

You have the gills figured out, Finn.        :bow:

Photos are excellent, too.      ;)2

Offline fishinPA

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1718 on: Feb 09, 2014, 02:27 PM »
I had a similar experience to the ones in the recent reports on Upper Twin.  I was out there on February 1st for about 6 hours.  Cut 15 holes from the access ramp to the other side of the lake.  Nothing but dink perch.  Didn't catch one bigger than 7 inches.  Must've caught 50-60 of them.  Same thing at every hole.  The only thing that broke up the monotony was a 13 inch smallie I hooked about 3/4 of the way across the lake.  It was a beautiful day filled with lots of action, but didn't have a lot to show for it at dinnertime.

Offline skullbus

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1719 on: Feb 10, 2014, 08:23 AM »
Fished Spirit again.......surprised to still see slush under 6" of snow. A few bites ,they were ever so light ! we couldn't get one fish on the ice. we were able to unload the sled at the bottom of the ramp but you will need a 4x4. Still 12" or better of ice .Picked up around 2 PM and headed to Fernan located alot of fish in 19' of water.picked up 4 small Perch and a 14" Rainbow all on Ratso with maggot's . Looked to be around 8-9" of ice with slush also . Stayed for a couple of hrs. Good luck ! Nice to get out and off the couch ! Till next time .Crappy Rain in forecast Yuck !!!!!!!!

Offline hugeinchina

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1720 on: Feb 10, 2014, 10:12 AM »
Hey FishinPA, I think I ran into you out at Upper Twin that day when you were on your way back to the launch area. Do you remember talking to a big guy with a goatee and a day-glo-orange hat?

Fishing report for Spring Valley Res from Saturday - 13" of good ice. Got out there about 8:00 am and had 9 trout on the ice by the time we left at Noon when the bite tapered off. The fish we kept averaged around 13"-14" and we let another 3-4 go that were about 10". All of them planters, but tons of fun. One of my next purchases will have to be a smoker. I am thinking the planters probably test better smoked.  ;D

Offline hugeinchina

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1721 on: Feb 10, 2014, 01:00 PM »
My brother just drove by Cocalala and said he saw 30+ people out there on the ice, does anyone have a report?

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1722 on: Feb 10, 2014, 04:31 PM »
any one want to join me on avondale this Wednesday
Fishaholic yes I am do I need help only with finding a bigger place to store all my stuff

Offline weigand

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1723 on: Feb 10, 2014, 07:36 PM »
LPO: Sunnyside- Fished for two hours until it started dumping snow. 4in of the clearest glasslike ice I've ever seen. I was watching minnows as I walked out. Two small perch, coulple other guys out there with the same success. Shallow, 2-4ft water.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #1724 on: Feb 10, 2014, 07:55 PM »
Dang, I woulda been out at Sunnyside, but fer blowin a radiator hose.  $#@!   Snow down the backside, GRR fun repair.     :roflmao:

Glad to hear of great ice.       ;)2

Offline finncatcher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1725 on: Feb 10, 2014, 10:44 PM »
Another good day...

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #1726 on: Feb 10, 2014, 11:06 PM »
FINN !       Awesome !

I'm thinkin' you've found  Hungry Fish Lake.    :woot: :thumbsup:

Offline TJT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1727 on: Feb 11, 2014, 01:54 AM »
Went down to honeysuckle beach today on the west end of Hayden and there was ice as far as I could see.....only ventured out 50ft or so but heard no cracking. Did not have my auger with to punch holes and check thickness (also had my kids with as I was on my way to drop them off at school). So I did not want them out there with me checking ice. Would love to tip up fish that end someday and the I've caught some jumbo perch on that end also in the spring. Maybe I will get out there tomorrow with the auger and punch some holes?

Offline weigand

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1728 on: Feb 11, 2014, 12:12 PM »
FINN !       Awesome !

I'm thinkin' you've found  Hungry Fish Lake.    :woot: :thumbsup:

Okay where is that guy?!

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1729 on: Feb 11, 2014, 01:02 PM »
Went down to honeysuckle beach today on the west end of Hayden and there was ice as far as I could see.....only ventured out 50ft or so but heard no cracking. Did not have my auger with to punch holes and check thickness (also had my kids with as I was on my way to drop them off at school). So I did not want them out there with me checking ice. Would love to tip up fish that end someday and the I've caught some jumbo perch on that end also in the spring. Maybe I will get out there tomorrow with the auger and punch some holes?
would like to go and fish that might see you there on Wednesday

Offline BIGxJIMxSLADE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1730 on: Feb 11, 2014, 05:21 PM »
 Ok, just went to honeysuckle and drilled a few holes from off the docks. Looks like the entire lake is frosted over and there's about 2" of snow on top with an inch of slush/water under. The ice itself is clear with about 2" thickness at the docks end, and maybe 3" midway back to shore. There were footprints out a bit into the shallow bay to the right of the launch, but I wasn't chancing it.
 Forgot my license, so no fish report though.

@ RayneBidziil22 - If tomorrow doesn't rain like it's supposed to, I'll go out to Avondale again in the noon time.

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1731 on: Feb 11, 2014, 06:09 PM »
after seeing how thick the ice is on honeysuckle im going to avondale this time farther out then i was on sunday

Offline icefire2012

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1732 on: Feb 12, 2014, 06:54 PM »
So Finny, you gonna share with us where you got your catch? :-)
~IceFire2012~

Offline stjoemitch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1733 on: Feb 12, 2014, 10:09 PM »
Need a Fernan ice and top conditions report.  Can you still walk on the ice at the east end?   Are the perch getting schooled up?

Offline BIGxJIMxSLADE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1734 on: Feb 13, 2014, 01:33 AM »
Went out on Avondale after the rain cleared. Ice is still good, just under 6" of water/slush now. There's a few ice patches to get out of it though. Caught 30+ perch under 8 inches from 1 to 4 pm. Looks like some tall rubber boots or waders are needed to fish the local ice this week.

Offline RayneBidziil22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1735 on: Feb 13, 2014, 04:19 PM »
hey BIGxJIMxSLADE what area on avondale did you go

Offline stjoemitch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1736 on: Feb 13, 2014, 08:11 PM »
Fished Black Lake today and the ice is going fast.  Very sloppy on top.  Five perch and a nice pike on my jigging pole.  Wind came up and sent me home.

Offline finncatcher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1737 on: Feb 14, 2014, 01:07 PM »

Friday morning....ice is still holding for now & bluegills were biting.  I'd like to tell everyone where this is, but my fishing partner said he'd have to kill me if I did.

Offline StrikeMojo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1738 on: Feb 14, 2014, 01:45 PM »
Nice haul finncatcher!
Tight Lines,

Offline BIGxJIMxSLADE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1739 on: Feb 15, 2014, 01:36 AM »
hey BIGxJIMxSLADE what area on avondale did you go
I was about 3/4 to where we fished last. There was about a 20sq foot ice island out of the slush that I set up on.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.