Author Topic: North Idaho Ice  (Read 540127 times)

sihlms391

Re: North Idaho Ice
« Reply #1170 on: Jan 23, 2013, 04:29 AM »
teamtigerstripe.   I was at fins and feathers saturday night  and one guy said he did alright on the perch at gamble.  He said they were at least eleven and better.  I haven't   fished it much.   It is a touch and go lake.

Offline teamtigerstripe

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1171 on: Jan 23, 2013, 08:45 AM »
Sihlms391, Thanks for the info. Might head up there Friday, I know what ya mean about a jaunt up there. Coming from Kellogg it is a ways but if they are biting it is well worth the drive... ;D  I figured if nothing else, could stop and fish Coco.
Tiger Stripe

Offline sticksandstring

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1172 on: Jan 23, 2013, 07:02 PM »
How can it go from 18 this morning to raining now. >:( >:( >:(

sihlms391

« Reply #1173 on: Jan 23, 2013, 07:08 PM »
It is snowing here in coeur d alene. I think is going to be good fishing this weekend with the weather change. 

Offline sticksandstring

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1174 on: Jan 23, 2013, 08:24 PM »
O don't get me wrong I'm going fishing this weekend. I'm going to head to Killarny on Saturday.

Offline elkhuntinfool

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1175 on: Jan 23, 2013, 08:29 PM »
I am hoping to get out again this weekend for pike on the chains. I was able to catch 2 more little ones on hayden today.

Offline sticksandstring

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1176 on: Jan 23, 2013, 08:33 PM »
I am hoping to get out again this weekend for pike on the chains. I was able to catch 2 more little ones on hayden today.

That's what I'm going after only got one this year. Plus the wife got me a pair of -100f Sorel boots for the birthday next month. Cant wait to try them out.

Offline elkhuntinfool

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1177 on: Jan 23, 2013, 08:41 PM »

That's what I'm going after only got one this year. Plus the wife got me a pair of -100f Sorel boots for the birthday next month. Cant wait to try them out

Hopefully you are able to get into them this weekend

Offline Carguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1178 on: Jan 24, 2013, 04:50 PM »
Tried upper twin with a group of friends last saturday. Had a total of 14 tip ups between all of us and not a flag all day. One of my friends did pull a 22" 6lb rainbow through the ice with a perch jig and a maggot though.
I never would have expected to see a trout like that come from upper twin.

sihlms391

« Reply #1179 on: Jan 24, 2013, 05:38 PM »
talked to black sheep and spirit has ice.   She said the kokanee are kind of slow now.  I hoping to go up that way soon.  It is hard to believe that big of trout are coming out of upper twin.  That is awesome.   

Offline sticksandstring

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1180 on: Jan 25, 2013, 10:25 AM »
Had it been raining or snowing in CDA?

Offline idahonative

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1181 on: Jan 25, 2013, 02:23 PM »
It's been raining lightly off and on all morning.

sihlms391

« Reply #1182 on: Jan 25, 2013, 02:59 PM »
Went fishing lower twin this morning with icefire2012.    We caught some perch.  Pretty wet but ice was great.  Had great time.

Offline idahonative

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1183 on: Jan 25, 2013, 05:11 PM »
Slow day on Fernan and Avondale today. Tried almost everything I had and only a couple small bites.

sihlms391

« Reply #1184 on: Jan 25, 2013, 05:39 PM »
A friend of mine went to round today catch some trout and he said it was really slow there too.  I think it was just a bad day.

Offline elkhuntinfool

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1185 on: Jan 25, 2013, 07:18 PM »
I was able to get on upper twin today with my cousin and arborfish we had an awesome day catching perch.

sihlms391

« Reply #1186 on: Jan 25, 2013, 07:45 PM »
Did anybody go up to mirror lake today.  All this rain doesn't help.

Offline sticksandstring

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1187 on: Jan 26, 2013, 09:25 PM »
Went to one of the local lakes today not a bad day. 12 perch 9 to 12 inches. One flag and one pike 39 inches. First time I have ever been spooled. I dint even let the flag stay up that long before i went to it. When i get the picture of the wife's new camera i will post it.

Offline sticksandstring

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1188 on: Jan 26, 2013, 10:23 PM »

Here it is sorry if it big. wife new camera is very hard to use.

Offline elkhuntinfool

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1189 on: Jan 26, 2013, 11:23 PM »
Went and fished upper twin today with a buddy we caught a few perch. While we were out there my buddy had drilled a hole to place a tipup and left one of his rods there to mark the hole and get kind of a depth of the hole. while he was rigging up his tip up there were a couple guys that were packing up and were walking back to the launch area they stopped around the area my buddy had drilled his hole they stayed in that area for a few when my buddy walked back to his hole he couldn't find it. I noticed they picked up a rod but didn't think anything of it until my buddy couldn't find his rod. My buddy wants his rod back so if any of you here of anybody that found a rod on upper twin please let me know I know the guys were in a blue chevy.

Offline elkhuntinfool

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1190 on: Jan 26, 2013, 11:23 PM »
Nice fish sticksandstrings

Offline sticksandstring

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1191 on: Jan 27, 2013, 10:13 PM »
Went back to the local lake today. I was jigging about a month ago and got broke off at the hole by a nice pike. Well today got a flag so went to check it out set the hook and the fight was on. Got the pike out of the hole got his mouth opened up to get the hooks out and what would you know there is my jigging rep that I had got broke off right in the corner of his mouth. Not a great day like yesterday. One pike, one perch, one catfish, and one large mouth bass.

Offline skullbus

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1192 on: Jan 27, 2013, 10:29 PM »
Slow catchin today only a few perch on Fernan .We loaded up and headed to Avondale ,not as much standing water as Fernan. Only caught a couple perch but they were bigger than Fernan . Has anyone heard about walleye in CDA or is it just a rumor........... a couple of guy's were telling us that's what they heard.

sihlms391

« Reply #1193 on: Jan 27, 2013, 10:52 PM »
I think that is a rumor but not sure.   I will ask Jeff at fins and feathers.    It was a real slow day at lower twin today too.  Caught 10 perch.  Little water on top but should freeze up by  tonight.  Heading to round tomorrow then Cocolalla.  That is pretty amazing that stickstandstring caught that pike with his jig in its mouth. 

Offline skullbus

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1194 on: Jan 27, 2013, 11:30 PM »
Ya no kidding what are the odd's ,  And thank's for the reply I sure didn't think walleye were in Cda at least not planted by fish and game!  Good luck tomorrow .

sihlms391

« Reply #1195 on: Jan 28, 2013, 09:58 PM »
Went to round and kelso today.  Caught some trout.  When I cleaned one of them it was full of corn.  About 12 kernels.  I don't know if it was the ones from round or kelso but that means someone was chumming with corn.      Ice was slushy on top at round and kelso was pretty good.  Kelso and granite have a lot of ice.  Fishing was slow all the way around but had a blast.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #1196 on: Jan 29, 2013, 06:00 PM »
          Big Event coming to Hauser Lake.       ;)2

http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/public/media/viewNewsRelease.cfm?newsID=6542

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1197 on: Jan 29, 2013, 07:52 PM »
Fished Round Lake today.  Ice is still good.  Sloppy on top with slush and water.  Trout were slow but steady. Also picked up some nice perch.

Offline elkhuntinfool

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1198 on: Jan 29, 2013, 08:31 PM »
Went out to Hayden a bit today with my cousin and a buddy we ended up with an 18 inch pike and another one around 21. I am going to try and get out again tomorrow if anyone wants to go out.

Offline DR0CK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1199 on: Jan 30, 2013, 12:44 PM »
has anyone tried bottle bay or the condos or gamble. I live in P.F. so Id like to hear if the ice is good before I drive all the way up. thanks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.