Author Topic: North Idaho Ice  (Read 540134 times)

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: North Idaho Ice
« Reply #660 on: Dec 21, 2011, 06:11 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  I just cleaned a mess of perch out of Cocolalla that I caught today.  Sometimes slow, sometimes faster then you could keep up.  Brought home 50 from 8 to 9 inches. 

Offline jwice444

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #661 on: Dec 21, 2011, 09:49 PM »
How's the fishing and the ice at round lake? Thinking about going tomorrow, so give me a good reply!! ;D

Offline idahonative

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #662 on: Dec 22, 2011, 12:19 AM »
Seeing if anybody has been to the Sportsman's Access at Hayden? Thinking about trying it sometime next week.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #663 on: Dec 22, 2011, 01:20 AM »
How's the fishing and the ice at round lake? Thinking about going tomorrow, so give me a good reply!! ;D
Hey JW, Round Lake measured 6 3/4" of ice, Wednesday at about noon, about 100 yards out from the docks. Left at 3:00pm with only one trout ~ shoulda been there Monday and last week saw many limits and smiles. Good luck, let us know.

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #664 on: Dec 22, 2011, 03:03 PM »
I was at Round lake last monday.  Me and my partner were using tip ups for trout and jigging perch.  We did well.

Offline stjoemitch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #665 on: Dec 22, 2011, 07:49 PM »
Has anyone checked out the ice at the condos or sunnyside at pend oreille?

Offline idaho4life

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #666 on: Dec 22, 2011, 08:57 PM »
Has anyone fished Robinson Lake?  According to Fish and Game, it has brookies.  I was just wondering if its a healthy population or just one shows up every now and then?  Any help would be great!  Im thinking of hitting it on saturday and then going to Dawson on monday.

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #667 on: Dec 23, 2011, 09:39 AM »
I drove by the condos on Wed. and there was no ice. 

Offline JakeTischer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #668 on: Dec 23, 2011, 02:09 PM »
Does anyone no where a guy can get wax worms around here? Are they even legeal?

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #669 on: Dec 23, 2011, 02:42 PM »
Hey Jake, welcome to the site.
I will have to assume you're in North Idaho, a location in your "Profile" would help.
Pampered Pets on Triangle Dr. in Ponderay, has mealies in stock and will special order waxies. Ph. 263-0777

Good luck.

Offline h20eskimo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #670 on: Dec 23, 2011, 09:29 PM »
Just returned from fishing Round lake today. 6.5" of good solid ice. Perch were tough to catch today but we did manage to get 8 good size 8 to 10" keepers and a limit of trout . Cocolala looked like it had a village of people fishing on the north end when we drove by this morning. Any reports out on Hauser yet?

Offline kfedka

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #671 on: Dec 24, 2011, 01:09 AM »
Any reports out on Hauser yet?

Was out there today, there were 2 dirt bikes riding on the ice all afternoon. To much noise for the fish, seemed like whenever they would take a break riding the bite would start, as soon as they start riding it would stop. Fishing was slow 1/2 dozen Bluegill and a nice bass. The ice is 6inches thick and strong, with 2 inches of snow on top.

Offline eatumfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #672 on: Dec 24, 2011, 08:01 PM »
marry Christmas every body, and bent rods for the new year

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #673 on: Dec 24, 2011, 11:44 PM »
Went to Winchester on Friday...gills still tough to find.  Brightest part of the day was when Justin landed a 12" perch...

Jim

Offline sediver

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #674 on: Dec 25, 2011, 02:05 AM »
I live out by Sunnyside and checked it out last Sunday....there was no ice out there except for some loose chunks that were floating up by the dock. :'(

Offline idahonative

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #675 on: Dec 25, 2011, 03:30 AM »
Merry Christmas everyone!  ;)

sihlms391

« Reply #676 on: Dec 25, 2011, 08:19 AM »
Merry Christmas everyone !  Have to go fishing today for awhile because it is supposed to rain this week.  Heard the perch are biting good at round lake.   Got some great new jigs for x-mas so I better try them o

Offline Wapiti300

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #677 on: Dec 25, 2011, 12:07 PM »
Hey guys, I'm over here from MT for the holidays.  Was thinking of hitting round or cocolalla to morrow, any suggestions

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #678 on: Dec 25, 2011, 02:30 PM »
Wapiti, what's your target, as depth can change things. ? First trip to Round Lake? Perch near bottom, Triploid Troutlodge Kamloop catchable sized planters were stocked in 2011, more than 9500, some keep-overs from past years go 15 1/2".

Offline Wapiti300

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #679 on: Dec 25, 2011, 06:35 PM »
Thanks for the info. Was also wondering how the chain lakes had been producing

Offline vl777

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #680 on: Dec 25, 2011, 11:31 PM »
Inquiring about Walsh and Shepherd lakes: how to access (noticed a closed gate across sportsman access rd driving by Shepherd lake the other day), what species available and average size, numbers etc.. Can't find any info on those. Thanks!

Offline idahonative

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #681 on: Dec 25, 2011, 11:41 PM »
About a quarter mile past the gate is the main entrance. It's a little hard to see if it's plowed in. You'll see an opening in the trees and then it drops down and curves to the left. There is a boat launch where you could head out. Shepard is a spiny ray lake. I've heard rumors of some monster musky but don't know how truthful they are...

Offline vl777

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #682 on: Dec 26, 2011, 09:11 AM »
Thanks for the helpful info, idahonative! Now I can see the main entrance and road on the satellite map :) I should be driving by today, so I'll check it out if it's plowed in. Thanks again!

Offline idahonative

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #683 on: Dec 26, 2011, 11:35 AM »
You're welcome!

Offline Carguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #684 on: Dec 26, 2011, 01:43 PM »
I have a few responses to some of the questions from this year.

Shepard Lake: I have never fished it through the ice but have fished it several times since I used to live about two miles away. It does have monster tiger muskies, though not many. I have never been able to get a muskie to bite through the ice but try every year anyway at Freeman lake (which will probably produce the next state record if people quit keeping the illegal ones)

Robinson lake probably does have a few brookies left but mostly planter rainbows. A person probably has about the same chance of catching a brown trout in cocalalla.

I wont be able to fish for a couple of weeks but would love it if someone would try Jewel lake for trout and channel cats and post a report.

Offline h20eskimo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #685 on: Dec 26, 2011, 05:22 PM »
Fished Fernan today for the first time this season. We only had a couple of hours to fish but did pretty good. 15 perch, only 5 of them were worth keeping. My 12 y/o daughter decided she wanted to drill here own hole today. After about 10 minutes she managed to get through the 4.5" ice "lol" it was fun to watch. After her hard work she pulled up a 14"rainbow through that hole. I was a very proud dad seeing that.
This warmer weather coming in may put a hold on the fishable ice this next week down in the lower elevations :(
Thanks for the heads up on the motorcycles on Hauser. They were doing that last year also and it sucked then to. I am not sure why it matters though. They have sleds and quads on upper twin and they still bite there.
Good luck fishing all. See you on the ice.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #686 on: Dec 26, 2011, 05:43 PM »
My 12 y/o daughter decided she wanted to drill here own hole today. After about 10 minutes she managed to get through the 4.5" ice "lol" it was fun to watch. After her hard work she pulled up a 14"rainbow through that hole. I was a very proud dad seeing that.

That's a great way to be out-fished, I bet she's proud too.
Thanks for sharing this one with us.

Offline Wapiti300

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #687 on: Dec 26, 2011, 05:58 PM »
Hit round early this morning.  Didn't have much luck.  Then moved over to Cocolalla and caught ten or so perch.  Nice day to be out though.

Offline idahonative

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #688 on: Dec 26, 2011, 07:25 PM »
Did anybody hit Hauser today? I went there but didn't want to listen to the dirtbikes that were tearing up the ice. Saw a few people out there. Went to Fernan instead and pulled up about 15 perch in about 45 minutes!

Offline idahonative

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #689 on: Dec 26, 2011, 08:21 PM »
Has anyone tried to see if there was a night bite anywhere? I'm thinking about going back out to Fernan for an hour or two tonight to see if anything feels like getting frisky...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.