The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: jiffy stx 2hp ...  (Read 1131 times)

Offline A- bomb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THE ORIGINAL...ORIGINAL! Go drop A Bomb on 'em
jiffy stx 2hp ...
« on: Jan 11, 2009, 05:11 PM »
everyone probly knows but wanted to post it for those who don't.
i had a little trouble starting the new auger for the 1st time out in the mornings...like 10-20 pulls . then it runs great the rest of the day starting on the 1st pull.

THE TIP.... after transport, for the first pull or two DON'T hit the decompression valve...doing so doesn't create enough vacume to move the fuel. with no primer bulb ya just pull and pull. can't remember who posted the tip but choke her up and second pull and she's good!!

all in all love it and would recomend the stx to anyone!!
Lack of planning on your part in NO way constitutes an EMERGENCY on mine

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: jiffy stx 2hp ...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2009, 06:25 PM »
everyone probly knows but wanted to post it for those who don't.
i had a little trouble starting the new auger for the 1st time out in the mornings...like 10-20 pulls . then it runs great the rest of the day starting on the 1st pull.

THE TIP.... after transport, for the first pull or two DON'T hit the decompression valve...doing so doesn't create enough vacume to move the fuel. with no primer bulb ya just pull and pull. can't remember who posted the tip but choke her up and second pull and she's good!!

all in all love it and would recomend the stx to anyone!!

You are so right about the DC valve, I found that out also. If the engine is warm already you can use the DC. I don't use it at all because I don't think the auger pulls over very hard.

Offline warrior1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2009, 09:18 PM »
I just bought one does it hurt anything not to use the valve DC valveat all.

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2009, 08:07 AM »
No it doesn't hurt anything. Some say its better to use the DC to turn off the auger than to kill turn off the ignition. My auger is the only 2-stroke I own out of many that has the DC. Have been turning off the ignition to stops for a long time now with a lot of motors and no ill effects. The DC was put on just to be easier to pull, thats it.

Offline Sturno

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2009, 08:24 PM »

Some say its better to use the DC to turn off the auger than to kill turn off the ignition.

That's how I kill mine. For some reason, when I drill more holes later on in the morning/night, I usually will get a quick easy 1 or 2 pull start. Seems like it fogs the motor and primes it for the next batch. If I toggle kill it off or choke-kill it, more pulls next time around.
"Assumption is the mother of all screw-ups."

Offline Mainedog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2009, 10:19 PM »
Thanks A-bomb.  Didn't realize this.  I too love my 2hp White Lightning!
I am starting to have an affair with my Gator however.

MD

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.