The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: strikemaster with a chipper blade?  (Read 3283 times)

Offline 793bob

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • grow stupid grow
strikemaster with a chipper blade?
« on: Feb 25, 2008, 07:33 PM »
just wondering if anyone has a chipper blade and how it cuts.not impressed with the laser blades.

Offline karandas72

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: strikemaster with a chipper blade?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 04, 2008, 02:59 PM »
I recently purchased the StrikeMaster Mag2000 w/8.25" chipper blade and am impressed with it. It is not as fast as some of the  other power augers out there, but it gets the job done just fine.

Offline jackpine

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 06, 2008, 12:24 AM »
Also got the Mag2000 w/10.25 auger. As mentioned, slower than Lazer blades but does a good job. The chipper blade is most importantly easy to sharpen. Sharpen top of the blade only.

Fran 8)
Keep Your Auger Sharp

Offline fishwiz4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Playin' Hooky in my new X2!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 07, 2008, 01:48 PM »
i have the 8.25 and the 10.25.  they work very well, and like said above, are easier to sharpen.    if i had to guess, the 10.25 takes about 25-30 seconds to get through 24 inches of ice.  i have not used the 8.25, but i can assume it will be a little faster.

also, the chippers are supoosed to be ALOT better at re-opening a hole that has frozen over.  i will be fishing out of my "new" wheel house alot, so i thought that was important.

what didnt you like about the lazer baldes?
eagles may fly....but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines

Offline holehopper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Me and Dave Genz
« Reply #4 on: Nov 07, 2008, 02:12 PM »

also, the chippers are supoosed to be ALOT better at re-opening a hole that has frozen over.  i will be fishing out of my "new" wheel house alot, so i thought that was important.

I think you meant the lazer blades are better for re-opening a hole.  I don't think you can re-drill a hole with a chipper blade.  The other nice part of the chipper blade is that it is cheaper to replace and they are not quite as touchy as the lazer blades.  A little more durable. 
Never Stop Never Stopping

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 09, 2008, 12:32 PM »
Chipper blades are better for reopening old holes than shavers. Best to drill a fresh hole with shavers. I have already enlarge other peoples 6" holes with my Jiffy Chipper. The Chipper blades are nice because they are super easy to sharpen and are tough.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #6 on: Nov 09, 2008, 12:38 PM »
I have "re-drilled" lots of holes with Jiffy chipper blade.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.