Author Topic: A friendly (non-bashing) Last Mountain discussion  (Read 42722 times)

Offline tipupfrenzy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: A friendly Last Mountain discussion
« Reply #60 on: Dec 14, 2011, 09:42 PM »
it a extra drive but we will drive around to the west side this weekend
Fishing is a tough job, but im willing to Tackle it!

Offline Bobber Down

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #61 on: Dec 15, 2011, 06:56 AM »
That's a good choice Stone Barn is on fire right now if your looking for some picture fish.

Offline mikey498

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #62 on: Dec 15, 2011, 08:42 AM »
Does anyone know how Pelican Pointe is doing for ice thickness yet?  I know right on the point will be very weak but what about out front of the beach.

Thanks!
The worst day ice fishing is still better than your best day at work!

Offline jready

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Peep the Blog! thelinethroughmyeyes.com
« Reply #63 on: Dec 15, 2011, 11:43 AM »
Does anyone know exactly how to get to stone barn by driving on land?? This would be super helpful. thanks :)

Offline MRFISH

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hurry Up ICE!!!
« Reply #64 on: Dec 15, 2011, 06:24 PM »
You can't really get there by driving on land. Its all farm land / no roads. You'd have to trespass and open fence up etc. unless someone has opened the fence up already. I have never driven there only went by snowmobile.

Offline saskpolaris

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #65 on: Dec 15, 2011, 10:50 PM »
hey would like to try Kanookimaw some day.  Dont know how to get there but if someone going let me know would like to follow you out just so i know how to get there got some holiday coming up

Offline Mike.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Dec 16, 2011, 04:52 PM »
You can't really get there by driving on land. Its all farm land / no roads. You'd have to trespass and open fence up etc. unless someone has opened the fence up already. I have never driven there only went by snowmobile.

Theres a road allowance, the farmer had it tied up cause people left the gates down and his cattle would get loose. But by the sounds of it people are driving to it. If you were driving to grandveiw theres the last right turn just go straight and the gate is right there. Shes a pretty rough getting to the barn threw there though

Offline old man of the sea

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Dec 17, 2011, 12:03 AM »
My son, a friend of his and myself would really like to fish LML for walleye. We come from the Prince Albert area and usually fish St. Brieux for perch and pike and Tobin for walleye and pike, but for a while now, we have been hearing some awesome things about Last Mountain. I used to fish the north end in the summer while growing up in Watrous and fished Rowan's Ravine tournament about 10 years back. We will be heading up #2 highway from the north and I was wondering how far south we would need to go to get into the walleye. I hear a lot about the stone barn, Wee Too and Grandview Beach. We will not have a quad or sled with us. Could anybody suggest a plan.

Offline gobigorgohomenow101

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Dec 17, 2011, 10:43 AM »
Kinookimaw, you dont turn off at Regina Beach, you jsut keep going streight just past the gold course. THe left side of the point. If you look, you will see A LOT of holes drilled and then you know your in the right spot. I personally have not been out there yet but I have friends and family that have been there and they said the fishing has been HOT. Walleye, Pike, Perch all at a good size. You might want to concider going out there.

Offline MRFISH

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hurry Up ICE!!!

Offline Meat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #70 on: Dec 17, 2011, 07:28 PM »
Dont go to Alice Beach. The water opened up there today and is very unsafe. Guys were stranded and had to cross the open water on a ladder.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Dec 17, 2011, 09:04 PM »
If you are on the ice, how do you get to the stone barn? Also, if oyu are on land driving how do you get to the stone barn? Does anyone have a map or picture or could describe very well how to? it would be very appriciated!

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #73 on: Dec 18, 2011, 09:45 AM »
thanks for the map, I am going to have to try there soon!

Offline walleyeslayer1978

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Walleye Gods are angry, that's why.
« Reply #74 on: Dec 18, 2011, 12:11 PM »
Dont go to Alice Beach. The water opened up there today and is very unsafe. Guys were stranded and had to cross the open water on a ladder.

What?! That's crazy, where did this happen? Out by the point, straight out from the launch? Anybody know?
Still counting.....

Offline walleyeslayer1978

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Walleye Gods are angry, that's why.
« Reply #75 on: Dec 18, 2011, 12:15 PM »
uh nevermind i saw the other thread ::)
Still counting.....

Offline canada_man

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #76 on: Dec 20, 2011, 10:52 AM »
Has anyone been out to little arm lately?  Is the ice safe right now?

Offline steadyrippin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #77 on: Dec 20, 2011, 03:52 PM »
was thinkin of goin to try some nightime walters at the barn gunna try around 10 fow anyone have luck during night

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #78 on: Dec 20, 2011, 08:05 PM »
Is Kinookimaw still hot? I have family comming from  AB and want to take out my lil cousins for their first time ever but I really would like them to catch something. Would that be a good place to go still? I have never fished on LML in the summer or winter before on in the Q Valley but then I need to drive on the ice. Any help would be great.

Offline steadyrippin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #79 on: Dec 20, 2011, 09:16 PM »
how deep is everyone fishing  early in the morning ive been tryin aroun 20-25 with minimal succes any ideas

Offline mountainguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #80 on: Dec 21, 2011, 12:13 AM »
go big.   if you want to catch fish for sure go to the fort.

Offline Bobber Down

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #81 on: Dec 21, 2011, 01:03 PM »
Little Arm has slowed rite down compared to a week ago. Haven't been to the stone barn in a week is it fished out yet anyone know, heard there was 60 guys there last Saturday. Got a bunch of friends coming up from the states lookin to kill em and grill em! Bobber Down!

Offline old man of the sea

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #82 on: Dec 22, 2011, 09:30 PM »
Hoping to make a road trip to Last Mountain Lake Dec. 26, 27 and 28. I am a little reluctant given all the mishaps, but my son and his friend from Alberta are straining at the bit. So, my question is where are the fish biting and a person can be relatively safe. It sounds like the Quapelle Lakes are producing, maybe that would be a better bet. If anyone could advise, I'd be very greatful as I don't know the area very well. The Prince Albert area seems kind of dead right now except for good jumbo perch coming out of St. Brieux although it can be hit and miss. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #83 on: Dec 22, 2011, 11:52 PM »
Your best bet is quapelle lakes. Probably passus or echo. Just off the shore of where the provincial hatchery at echo is seposed to be on fire. I personally have not fished there yet but the guys out on the ice today were telling me that. Pasqua has a few good not over producing, but so far this year haven't been skunked yet.

Offline Layne

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • beer, bait & ammo
« Reply #84 on: Dec 25, 2011, 02:12 PM »
Drove the duramax on yesterday, sure was nice not having to drag out the flipover+gear onto the ice. About 13.5 inches of ice were we were and the fishing was OK but not like it was 2 weeks ago. Sorry to say it but its getting to be that time of year again where we are going to have to start working for our fish.

Talking to a buddy of mine from Dilke I guess there was recently a bonefied 15 caught out there, and released to be caught again!

Merry christmas everyone, see everyone out there on boxing day.
"your like a Perez Hilton of the ice fishing blogging world" - dreamcatcher

Offline MRFISH

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hurry Up ICE!!!
« Reply #85 on: Dec 31, 2011, 02:57 PM »
Anyone happen know how thick the ice is near rowans / collingwood?

Thanks

MF

Offline beany122

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #86 on: Jan 03, 2012, 12:54 PM »
Hey there headed out tomorow morning wondering if anyones been having some luck anywhere recently

Offline Layne

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • beer, bait & ammo
« Reply #87 on: Jan 03, 2012, 01:01 PM »
Been catching pretty much everywhere we go, its not like it was a month ago but its still good.

Been driving the old duramax on for the last 10 days, its nice to finally be able to cover some ground. I wouldnt venture anywhere you dont know well yet though, the ice is only 12-15" and with all the snow now you can no longer spot irregularities in the ice. The snow is getting deep quick, drifts up to 2+ feet deep in some places and this will create some slush issues and insulate the weaker spots. Seen guys driving up and down both shorelines but nobody is crossing the lake yet. Also noticed more current than usual so that could make things interesting. Play it safe out there for a couple weeks yet, we should have 20-24 inches of ice by now but it just aint happening.
"your like a Perez Hilton of the ice fishing blogging world" - dreamcatcher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #88 on: Jan 03, 2012, 09:37 PM »
so you can still be catching fish at kinookimaw? Its not just completely dead?

Offline beany122

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #89 on: Jan 04, 2012, 01:42 PM »
Just sepent the morning at the stone barn and let me tell you its dead i fished from 30 to 44 fow not a single eye caught between me and my partner. caught 12 whitefish and 1 perch. very slow day. Help me out if you can on where to try next

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.