Author Topic: Fort Qu'Appelle lakes  (Read 58637 times)

Offline Layne

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • beer, bait & ammo
Fort Qu'Appelle lakes
« on: Nov 20, 2011, 07:11 PM »
Have ice!... except for katepwa, haha.

Pasqua, and mission are locked right up. Echo is probably 95% frozen over, some open spots and pretty inconsistant ice.

Anywhere from 1.5-3 inches of clear ice most everywhere you go but still lots of weak spots around. We tried on echo first but the ice was pretty sketchy and the fishign was slooow so we headed down to mission and caught the very tail end of the bite. Still managed to each get a couple perch and some tulies, but at least we know its good for next weekend as long as it stays cold. Depest we went was 8 feet but I cant say I reommend going in over your head right now, another 2 weeks and it should be pretty darn safe.

:tipup:
"your like a Perez Hilton of the ice fishing blogging world" - dreamcatcher

Offline poorfisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Fort Qu'Appelle lakes
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20, 2011, 08:30 PM »
Nice post good pics.
Blake from Elbow

Offline eyecatcher00

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 22, 2011, 09:11 PM »
fished 2:45-530 managed to get 14 eyes as well as alot of perch.went out to 32 feet.  good 3-4 inches at 6 feet much thinner out at 32. dont recommend it to anyone. your good at 6 feet though.

Offline poorfisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 22, 2011, 09:37 PM »
Not recommending it hey, good way to keep the fish for yourself ;) sounds like a good afternoon
Blake from Elbow

MikeMiller

« Reply #4 on: Nov 23, 2011, 07:24 AM »
stop lien kelly lmao jk man have to go out this year gonna be a little sketchy with the new diesel lol

Offline Layne

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • beer, bait & ammo
« Reply #5 on: Nov 23, 2011, 08:57 AM »
16 inches should be lots of ice for a diesel, seen guys driving cummins mega cabs on 8-12 inches last winter @ LML.

MikeMiller

« Reply #6 on: Nov 23, 2011, 05:02 PM »
ill be on the ice at 14-16 inch with my cummins but gonna take awhile to get that thick need some cold weather  ;D

Offline Layne

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • beer, bait & ammo
« Reply #7 on: Nov 23, 2011, 09:09 PM »
Traded in the old chevy for a tractor? 14 inches should be fine, just dont get stuck I'd hate to have to come around and pull you out with my duramax.  ;D

Offline eyecatcher00

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 23, 2011, 10:09 PM »
another good afternoon. fished 3 hours and managed to get 19 eyes and 3 burbot and a bunch of small annoying perch.  its nice fishing in these temps but the ice isnt getting any thicker. bring on some cold weather

MikeMiller

« Reply #9 on: Nov 23, 2011, 10:25 PM »
might be the other way around layne lol ill always have my tow strap with me to pull u out lmao

Offline eyecatcher00

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 25, 2011, 09:58 AM »
got out just before 11 yesterday morning. real cold wind out there. i got 11 eyes and 11 pike and a bunch of perch. Partner #1 got 6 eyes and 5 pike with alot of perch and partner#2 got 7 pike and a bunch of perch. Really had to work for the walleye compared to the days prior. All pike were in the 3-7 lbs range. Couple big perch but other than that nothin big. Ice was 4-5 inches at 6 feet  and 2-3 inches out around the 25-35 foot range

Offline treeplucker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 25, 2011, 12:40 PM »
were you on the north end of mission,closer to fort Q?

Offline BallsOut

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Nov 26, 2011, 08:13 PM »
me and team balls out got out this morn had a really good day 5 to 10 fow 6 to 8 inches of ice 4 at about 25fow nice mixed bag got into the jumbos really good a few walleye and some snakes windy 50 to 60 k on the lake nice this evening see you boys out there keep those hooks sharp peace ;D

MikeMiller

« Reply #13 on: Nov 27, 2011, 09:40 AM »
witch lake balls out

Offline fishinwilly4g63

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Nov 27, 2011, 10:09 AM »
Which lake is witch lake? This is the qu'appelle lakes right?
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent

Offline saskcat4

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Nov 27, 2011, 08:24 PM »
does anyone know if round lake is frozen?

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
« Reply #16 on: Dec 01, 2011, 12:31 PM »
I hit up the lakes last sunday with a few buddies n my girlfriend, tried b-say-tah for two and half hour, no bites and nothin at all on the camera, we then headed to mission and fished right out from where u drive on close to lebret and managed 6 pike, 7 perch and a nice burbot which came home for supper. Headin out again this weekend will try to get some pictures up.

MikeMiller

« Reply #17 on: Dec 01, 2011, 09:05 PM »
good job burk i might see you out there this weekend if i can get the old auger running lol

Offline aredog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Dec 02, 2011, 03:05 AM »
any word on ice thicknesses?
might go out sunday to mission but still a little nervous

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
« Reply #19 on: Dec 02, 2011, 08:51 AM »
If your walking out you will be fine, me and my buddy are taking our trikes out on the ice tomorrow mind you both of them combined weigh less than one quad.. we will be fishing the north east side of echo and mission if echo is slow

Offline gobigorgohomenow101

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Dec 04, 2011, 02:50 PM »
Any recent updates on the ice at Echo? In the Fort San/Callings Lake Center area?

Offline BallsOut

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Dec 04, 2011, 04:33 PM »
another good day for team balls out some really nice walleye coming out of the Q valley chains keep those hooks sharp boys see you out there  ;D

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
« Reply #22 on: Dec 04, 2011, 04:55 PM »
Me and a buddy headed out on echo on our trikes yesterday, we tried right out from fort san and ice was sketchy there I am going to wait at least another week to head back there, bite was slow only managed a few perch, we then headed to mission by lebret and had a much slower day than last weekend with only a few perch caught there too. Today I went out by the fishery on echo and didn't have a single bite so headed over to pasqua lake and picked up a few perch before heading home. Pasqua and misson had better ice than echo, I found echo Is fairly inconsistent in spots and has a fair bit of open water in spots. Might head out some day after work and try to catch the late bite. Tight lines -Big Burk

Offline bite-me7

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • pour me another one
« Reply #23 on: Dec 04, 2011, 06:15 PM »
Were you the ones in the white Cummins on the North side of Mission by Lebret? We were in the white pearl Ford. We caught one dinky little perch! :%$#!: Should have took the skates, could have made a few laps around the lake! ;D

Offline fishwhisperer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Dec 04, 2011, 06:32 PM »
Me and my buddy were out on echo today infront of the hatchery. Total of 7 perch, 4 walleye. Ice was 6 inches. We fished from 8 to 20 or so FOW.

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
« Reply #25 on: Dec 04, 2011, 10:02 PM »
Yeah that was my buddys cummins we were in, I was the one with the bright orange pants, that spot was really good last weekend but this cold snap slowed the bite day down.

Offline bite-me7

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • pour me another one
« Reply #26 on: Dec 05, 2011, 10:23 AM »
Went ice fishing to Katepwa on Saturday, couldn't find any ice! **censored** ??? Went to Mission instead, fishing was slow! >:( Strange how Katepwa is wide open [no ice at all] and Mission is completely froze over! :unsure:

Offline fishwhisperer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Dec 05, 2011, 11:42 AM »
Im going to head back out in front of the hatchery again tomorrow...the bite wasn't the greatest yesterday but we did ok.

Offline treeplucker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Dec 05, 2011, 04:31 PM »
Katepwa is now froze over completely how thick it do not know

Offline Bobber Down

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Dec 05, 2011, 06:52 PM »
Me and my cousins were on echo today we slayed them at the hatchery then we went fishin it was slow. 5-6" of ice out front of the big teepee caught a pile of tullabee's fed them to a bunch wild dogs it felt like i was in a movie. Man vs Food! Ended up gettin the fish dinner at the Squire mmm!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.