Author Topic: Kip st.bruix and Eagle lake  (Read 2483 times)

Offline triple240

• IceShanty Rookie
Kip st.bruix and Eagle lake
« on: Dec 26, 2018, 07:29 PM »
Any one got info on kip briux and Eagle
born to fish forced to work

Offline jignjim

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Kip st.bruix and Eagle lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2018, 07:30 AM »
Kip has been super slow. I've been out twice in the last 2 weeks and iced 3 pike , 1 walleye and 1 perch. I heard nothing is happening at Eagle. Rumor is it winter or summer killed? Ice on Kip was 12" where I fished, but thickness can vary.

Offline saskwallydiver

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2018, 07:15 PM »
Hearing the same at kip, very slow. I was out twice during the break and got 3 pike, nothing big. Most people I have talked to are getting 1 or 2 fish per day.

Tried Lake Lenore yesterday and got 2 walleye all day. Tough bite so far.

Offline nicemustang

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2018, 10:00 AM »
Eagle lake winter and summer killed theres nothing left.

Offline For the kids

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 01, 2019, 07:31 PM »
Lenore and Brieux very slow these days. Need to pressure them to start stocking again, used to stock every 2 years and it was amazing fishing. Not sure why they are opposed to stocking these days, water quality is good again.

Offline Churchill River

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 01, 2019, 08:50 PM »
I was a outfitter for 35 years.  Asking why fisheries/serm/gov't/whatever you want to call them, is asking why is the sky is blue.
Or a better questions would be why do some gov't Bureaucrats sit on their azz, waiting for retirement so they can collect their pension.
There are lot's of lakes that could be stocked on a regular basis.  They have cut back on C.O's and people that could be doing
the restocking.

It is  shame, as people know a days can't take their kids out to enjoy a good day of fishing, and get hooked on fishing.  The demographics are changing big time. 

Restocking is and would be simple.....but when trying to work with simple people.....well you get the picture why restocking isn't done more.

Offline For the kids

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 01, 2019, 09:19 PM »
Time to call and ask the questions I guess....  Have to start somewhere. 

When I called prior years the reply was "they were studying the drainage of the entire basin" followed by " not stocking a few years to see if they are reproducing naturally" . The fella that was looking after it has retired. It's one thing to not catch the fish - I can live with that. It's another to spend an entire day on the lake (know it reasonably well) and not see a single walleye when there would be dozens seen in prior years. No small age classes left it seems either.

Offline saskwallydiver

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 02, 2019, 06:28 PM »
Kip was stocked in 2015 (700k) and 2017 (500k) with Walleye. I have never had good luck ice fishing for walleye there but it was good in the summer. Perch and pike fishing has been ok the past few years in the winter.

I don’t know when Lenore was last stocked with walleye, but fishing there in the summer has been very good for walleye the past few years.

Hoping that fishing picks up soon in these lakes, frustrating going out for a full day and only seeing a sucker cruise by on the camera.

You can see stocking reports here: http://www.publications.gov.sk.ca/deplist.cfm?d=66&c=4538

Offline Wissel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 09, 2019, 10:53 AM »
Has anyone been driving out on Kipabiskau lately?

I work in a lab at the U of R and we're planning to collect some water samples at Kip next week (our sampling point is shown on the map, coordinates are 52.5727, -104.2091).  If the ice is 12 inches that might be thick enough to drive on, curious whether anyone has done that in this location?  If not we will probably just walk on the ice.

Offline jignjim

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 09, 2019, 11:55 AM »
Plenty of ice. Was just out Sunday. 5" fresh snow but was easy getting around with 4x4.

Offline Wissel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 09, 2019, 12:25 PM »
Great thanks!  We also have a 4x4 truck so should be able to handle the snow  :)

Offline king fisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 12, 2019, 12:24 AM »
Any updates on kip if there is access? And how the bite has been?

Offline jignjim

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 12, 2019, 07:25 AM »
Was out on Feb 1st on Kip! Had to shovel a couple times on the ice, fished for a couple hrs without a bite. Decided to leave early before the snow and got stuck going up the west access. After the storm it will be tough going. Taking the sled next time, but think I'll wait for a few weeks. The perch bite has been slow all year.

Offline king fisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 12, 2019, 10:40 AM »
Thanks for the up date I think I'll wait too.

Offline Wissel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Mar 07, 2019, 09:15 PM »
Hi all,

Has anyone been on Kipabiskau lately?  In January we were able to drive on the ice at the ‘Kip access Jan 2019’ point (coordinates are 52.57189, -104.18558, circled in the attached picture).  Is it still possible to drive on the lake here or is there too much snow? 

I work in a biology lab at the UofR and we are planning to collect water samples there next Monday.  If there’s too much snow we will just walk to a sample point (Kip sample 2 or 3). 

Thanks!

Offline jignjim

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Mar 08, 2019, 07:24 AM »
Hi all,

Has anyone been on Kipabiskau lately?  In January we were able to drive on the ice at the ‘Kip access Jan 2019’ point (coordinates are 52.57189, -104.18558, circled in the attached picture).  Is it still possible to drive on the lake here or is there too much snow? 

I work in a biology lab at the UofR and we are planning to collect water samples there next Monday.  If there’s too much snow we will just walk to a sample point (Kip sample 2 or 3). 

Thanks!

I was out a month ago and spent a lot of time shovelling. We have gotten more snow since then and unless someone has broke a decent trail, you will need a sled!

Offline Wissel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Mar 08, 2019, 03:22 PM »
Thanks jignjim!  We'll plan to walk on with our sleds :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.