Author Topic: new to jigging question  (Read 1270 times)

Offline mi fisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
new to jigging question
« on: Jan 06, 2008, 08:07 AM »
I saw a few pike swimming through my pan fish holes in the shanty, so I put a dead shiner on a treble and  jigged awhile and caught 3 pike. My question is when using a lure do you usually jig constantly? I was jigging and stopping and they hit when i stoppedand let it set for a minute. Was great to see them come in and hit.
 ;D

Offline walleymcjigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: new to jigging question
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2008, 02:15 PM »
I usually have good luck jigging for 5 to 10 seconds, then letting it sit for 10 to 30 seconds. Most hits come while jig is still.

Offline jmdigello

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: new to jigging question
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2008, 12:51 AM »
unfortunately your question has no answer....  what i mean is depends on the day if not depends on the hour.  i have dropped dang near empty hooks and caught fish, but other times if it was not a fresh minnow or proper color lure there would be no bite. yet again if i did not present the "lure" properly i did not get bites.  Regardless what you hear the fish are always in the lake.  Some days they eat everything(i don't know why) other days they are sticklers and sit back and ignore everything but if you try long enough you can find what they will eat....so my advice is perseverance

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.