Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1679488 times)

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #3060 on: Aug 09, 2018, 10:37 AM »
I don't know about the overkill Mark. My custom magnum K-Drill was just delivered this morning. Here's a pic of the delivery pulling in the driveway. Hoping the 12Ah will be enough...  :woot:

Make sure you got the clam plate attached!

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3061 on: Aug 09, 2018, 11:00 AM »
My guess is because of the G2N model, thats why they are dropping the price so much, and apparently they are coming out with a G2N ice model as well.

networking on the ice would be pointless but the probably will phase out the non n's in the 7 series to focus on producing a single line. However, they are coming out with an all season pack that will include the normal ice unit with ice transducer and shuttle plus an open water transducer and gimble mount. This way you can pull double duty with only one purchase.

Catchin' Fish

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3062 on: Aug 09, 2018, 11:17 AM »
I don't know about the overkill Mark. My custom magnum K-Drill was just delivered this morning. Here's a pic of the delivery pulling in the driveway. Hoping the 12Ah will be enough...  :woot:

I stand corrected!  Go big or go home!   :roflmao:
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3063 on: Aug 09, 2018, 03:59 PM »
networking on the ice would be pointless but the probably will phase out the non n's in the 7 series to focus on producing a single line. However, they are coming out with an all season pack that will include the normal ice unit with ice transducer and shuttle plus an open water transducer and gimble mount. This way you can pull double duty with only one purchase.
I would like a network on my Helix 7 ice so that way points can be shared from My Helix 9 on the boat.

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3064 on: Aug 09, 2018, 04:30 PM »
do you use the 7 in your boat? if so that makes sense if not just use a card

Catchin' Fish

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Ridgid Octane Batteries.
« Reply #3065 on: Aug 10, 2018, 04:44 PM »
3 6 and 9 ah batteries.
https://www.ridgid.com/powertools/promotions/

Scroll down on this page to also see the 1300 In Pound drill.
<===Lefty===

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3066 on: Aug 10, 2018, 05:41 PM »
Make sure you got the clam plate attached!

Gotta git me 1 of those!! Might need to upgrade my Ridgid drill, though!!
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Re: Ridgid Octane Batteries.
« Reply #3067 on: Aug 10, 2018, 09:01 PM »
3 6 and 9 ah batteries.
https://www.ridgid.com/powertools/promotions/

Scroll down on this page to also see the 1300 In Pound drill.

awesome, thanks for the link!

looks like your topic got moved/merged

Offline DBV

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3068 on: Aug 11, 2018, 06:43 AM »
Very true.  Also slightly smaller and slightly lighter too.  Other than that, not sure how much of an upgrade it is, but tempted to sell my 2804 and get this when it goes on sale.  :)

Not sure how great of a deal this is because the 3rd Gen Milwaukee Hammer Drills (2804) are out now, but the 2704-22 kit with (2) 5.0AH batteries are all over eBay for $190 with free shipping and no tax.  From what I've read, for us ice guys, the biggest improvement in the 2804 is the design in how the auxilary handle attaches.  Some people had issues with the 2704 handle breaking off, but never had any issue myself...

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Ridgid Octane Batteries.
« Reply #3069 on: Aug 11, 2018, 07:17 AM »
I knew you would be interested in this. I guess you can use those Batteries on the Gen5 we have now.
<===Lefty===

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3070 on: Aug 11, 2018, 08:21 AM »
Boot STEAL!  Baffin Shackleton in size 10 - $70.86.  Buy if your regular shoe size is between 8 and 9.  Please read the reviews and sizing comments to make an informed purchase.  I actually own these boots in size 10.  They are incredibly warm and comfy, but if your shoe size is any larger than 9, they will be too snug.

https://www.amazon.com/Baffin-Mens-Shackleton-Snow-Black/dp/B004YGRAX6/ref=pd_ybh_a_39?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=XQH6ZMVRSRJFXV68VJHT

8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3071 on: Aug 11, 2018, 12:51 PM »

Catchin' Fish

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #3072 on: Aug 11, 2018, 07:15 PM »
Just received my 4" laser today for $15 from Cabelas ...ok I had the help of a $75 gift from my daughter for building a shed for her. I accepted the gift but asked her not to do that again...dads do things because we care, not to be paid. She understood. :)
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Re: Ridgid Octane Batteries. got merged with best ice deals
« Reply #3073 on: Aug 11, 2018, 11:43 PM »
I knew you would be interested in this. I guess you can use those Batteries on the Gen5 we have now.

sounds good. bluetooth sounds interesting.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #3074 on: Aug 12, 2018, 01:49 PM »
Just received my 4" laser today for $15 from Cabelas ...ok I had the help of a $75 gift from my daughter for building a shed for her. I accepted the gift but asked her not to do that again...dads do things because we care, not to be paid. She understood. :)

Why did you go with 4in and not a 6in? Hand cranking?

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #3075 on: Aug 12, 2018, 02:38 PM »
Why did you go with 4in and not a 6in? Hand cranking?

4" is for my drill (pannies). I also have a 6"  for tip-ups...I can drill a couple by hand.  ;)
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3076 on: Aug 13, 2018, 08:11 AM »
Boot STEAL!  Baffin Shackleton in size 10 - $70.86.  Buy if your regular shoe size is between 8 and 9.  Please read the reviews and sizing comments to make an informed purchase.  I actually own these boots in size 10.  They are incredibly warm and comfy, but if your shoe size is any larger than 9, they will be too snug.

https://www.amazon.com/Baffin-Mens-Shackleton-Snow-Black/dp/B004YGRAX6/ref=pd_ybh_a_39?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=XQH6ZMVRSRJFXV68VJHT

Ordered a pair for $67. I normally wear a 9 in nearly all brands and kinds of shoes. Hoping these will work only being 1 size bigger. Most say get 2 sizes bigger. However, for that price I will give to my 14yr old if they are too small for me. What a deal. Thanks!

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3077 on: Aug 15, 2018, 08:06 AM »
Pflueger President (newest style) Pressp20x - $39.99 or 20% off.  Not a steal, but a solid buy.  This reel is generally considered the 'gold standard' among affordable ice reels.  Note:  The 20X size only has 7 bearings.  Larger versions have 10.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074WHMG12?psc=1

DN

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3078 on: Aug 15, 2018, 02:22 PM »

I thank you again for this post. They arrived today and I tried them on. WOW! Comfy as heck and light. They are actually smaller than my cabelas saskatchawan boots which i currently use. I sure hope these hold up to being as warm as they claim. If they do, I will be one happy camper. I get cold feet easy. Thanks D N!!

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3079 on: Aug 15, 2018, 02:30 PM »
Are they going to be a good fit even though they're smaller than your current boots? I was worried about them being too small, i wear a 9 as well.

Catchin' Fish

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3080 on: Aug 15, 2018, 02:39 PM »
Anytime brother!  ;)  You got one heck of a deal there!  They seem snug when you first put them on, but after you walk in them for a bit, it becomes less and less noticeable.  The customer service woman at Baffin told me to just wear the booties around the house for awhile to break them in a bit.

I had a pair of Cabelas' Predators that I gave away on IS for that very reason.  I couldn't drive my car with them on my feet.  They were GINORMOUS and incredibly stiff like ski boots.

Oh, one other thing...rip those stupid lace clip thingies off the laces and just tie them like regular laced boots.  They will not stay tight and just become a pita when walking in them.  Trust me on this one.  I think I actually bought a new pair of longer laces when I did that to mine.

DN

Offline jwetovick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3081 on: Aug 15, 2018, 02:42 PM »
Are they going to be a good fit even though they're smaller than your current boots? I was worried about them being too small, i wear a 9 as well.
I wear a size 9 in everything and today with my dress socks on they fit perfect. So, most likely wont want to wear a real thick wool sock but there is plenty of room for a good quality mid sock. Boy I like them. They are up to $87 now but thats even a good buy.

Offline grababrewski

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3082 on: Aug 15, 2018, 08:26 PM »
I'm pretty sure I read on Baffins web site how to figure out the right size Baffin boot. They said to take the liners out and check the fit of the liner to your foot. I know ya can't do this online.......
You are correct on not needing a heavy sock, I think just a polypropylene liner would be enough. My feet have never got cold in mine.

Offline straightShot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3083 on: Aug 17, 2018, 06:58 PM »
Pflueger President (newest style) Pressp20x - $39.99 or 20% off.  Not a steal, but a solid buy.  This reel is generally considered the 'gold standard' among affordable ice reels.  Note:  The 20X size only has 7 bearings.  Larger versions have 10.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074WHMG12?psc=1

DN

I would skip past the temptation of going to the smallest, 2020 model and go with the xx25 and up models.  Loosening the handles to flatten them is much easier in all of the models other than the smallest reel.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3084 on: Aug 17, 2018, 07:02 PM »
Frabill 371 Straight Line Bro Light Combo - SUPER SWEET DEAL!  @ $36.10!  These normally run $60 - $80!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XD5HPL6?th=1&psc=1

DN

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3085 on: Aug 17, 2018, 07:10 PM »
Marcum Showdown 5.6 Digital Sonar - $280.41.  Pretty close to steal territory at $100 off.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001NZJYJE?psc=1

DN

Offline Fishwacker1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3086 on: Aug 18, 2018, 05:41 AM »
Frabill 371 Straight Line Bro Light Combo - SUPER SWEET DEAL!  @ $36.10!  These normally run $60 - $80!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XD5HPL6?th=1&psc=1

DN

Thanks for all your posts DN.  I bit on two. (One more available). These will be my first inline setups. Always thought they were too expensive. I’ll try one out and if it’s not for me - flip the other. This thread is the best and find myself checking it daily.

Offline Flatrocker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3087 on: Aug 18, 2018, 07:29 AM »
I would skip past the temptation of going to the smallest, 2020 model and go with the xx25 and up models.  Loosening the handles to flatten them is much easier in all of the models other than the smallest reel.
[/quote The new version of the 20x has the folding handle.

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3088 on: Aug 18, 2018, 07:30 AM »
Just my 2 cents on Baffin's. Baffin's are not like most other boots. I wear a size 11. I have the Apex in 11 and the Titan in 11. Yes they were snug the first time i wore them. As per Baffin they will conform to your feet. Now both pairs are a perfect fit. Baffin also recommends not letting anyone else wear them do to them conforming to your feet. One thing to also get is a pair of liner socks.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3089 on: Aug 19, 2018, 09:18 AM »
This is a in store deal cause I only see one battery in picture here on Web site  199.99 for 2 x 9.0 amp batteries for the milwaukee fuel m18 products  and a charger.. see link for store locations ..

https://www.ruralking.com/m18-charger-w-2-9-0-batt

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.