Author Topic: Tungsten jigs?  (Read 6133 times)

Offline puddy

• IceShanty Rookie
Tungsten jigs?
« on: Nov 13, 2014, 01:52 PM »
Any plans on offering your other jigs in tungsten like the Ratso, Ratfinke, shrimpo, or any of the other jigs. I like the vertical hanging jigs but nobody makes them in tungsten.  Thanks for the great products I really like the slender spoon, chekai and majmun.
You can't catch fish in the parking lot.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Tungsten jigs?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20, 2014, 12:42 PM »
Try putting a finesse plastic (ratso body) on a big majmun. Works great and falls like a rock.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline MN Bassfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Chasing anything that swims in the Midwest
« Reply #2 on: Dec 02, 2014, 10:38 AM »

Loving the Chekai jig. I had iced a ton of Crappies and Gills with it. I hooked into something LARGE on Friday on my Panfish rod. Finally got it up to the hole and the hook broke right where it meets the Tungsten - good thing I bought a bunch of them.

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #3 on: Dec 03, 2014, 05:52 PM »

Loving the Chekai jig. I had iced a ton of Crappies and Gills with it. I hooked into something LARGE on Friday on my Panfish rod. Finally got it up to the hole and the hook broke right where it meets the Tungsten - good thing I bought a bunch of them.
What size were you using?  I might have to give those a try.  Might work well for bass too...
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline MN Bassfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 05, 2014, 03:25 PM »
What size were you using?  I might have to give those a try.  Might work well for bass too...

Bass love them Nate. I usually use the 4mm (hook size 14) or 4.5mm (hook size 12) sizes. I usually tip them with one of their Finesse Plastics and toss on a waxworm/few eurolarvae.

Here is a video CJ&S actually put out about using finesse tactics for Bass through the ice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTAgeuqn494

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #5 on: Dec 08, 2014, 12:23 PM »
Bass love them Nate. I usually use the 4mm (hook size 14) or 4.5mm (hook size 12) sizes. I usually tip them with one of their Finesse Plastics and toss on a waxworm/few eurolarvae.

Here is a video CJ&S actually put out about using finesse tactics for Bass through the ice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTAgeuqn494

Cool, thanks for the info--- I'll have to give them a try. 
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline MN Bassfisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 08, 2014, 02:40 PM »
On Saturday, the white Majmun jig tipped with a white Finesse Plastic fooled my first Channel Cat through the ice!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.