The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Bird dog on the ice  (Read 2654 times)

Offline RuralMT

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Bird dog on the ice
« Reply #30 on: Jan 04, 2019, 10:40 AM »
No worries Esox, and I apologize if I came off as hostile or aggressive.  I take pride in the compliments my dog receives for his level of obedience...I worked hard to get those results specifically so I could take him on such outings!  But I get where you're coming from.  Ice fishing tournaments in your neck of the woods look crowded to say the least; I can't imagine adding a bunch of out-of-control dogs to the mix!

Plus (and it's a BIG plus), you just made me remember the years I spent in far NW S.Dak
You are quite welcome for the bit of nostalgia!  I'm sorry you had to leave such circumstances; such circumstances are precisely why I moved to Montana's great northwest corner  ;)

Offline Mtwolfer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 09, 2019, 08:43 AM »
I like having my dog with me, my last Lab (14yr old), didnt think a fish was caught if it still moved! he would dive in the river and help fly fishermen land their fish and nothing I could do would stop him. So he couldnt go fishing. Dogs are like kids they are only "cute " to their owners. I got a new Lab he's 1  yr old now and hasnt been ice fishing yet, but when he goes he will be tethered , my buddy's lab took off after a plastic milk crate that the wind took right outta sight! he came back with it but we were anxious for a few minutes. I do feel sorry for some dogs I see shivering on the ice, some people shouldnt have a dog.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #32 on: Jan 09, 2019, 10:20 AM »
some people shouldnt have a dog.
Sad but true...

Offline lundin-loading

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Jan 10, 2019, 06:06 PM »
Got pup on some fish last night.

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Jan 10, 2019, 06:10 PM »
now that's what I call a tri fecta!!!! and a good lookin pooch to boot.....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.