The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Clark Canyon Ling?  (Read 546 times)

Offline OhioEd

• IceShanty Rookie
Clark Canyon Ling?
« on: Jan 07, 2014, 07:13 PM »
First post on here.  Can anybody give me a little direction on where to find ling in clark canyon?  Never fished for or caught one before and planning on going out some night soon.
Thanks.

strgon84

Re: Clark Canyon Ling?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2014, 07:59 PM »
OhioEd, look back a few posts ago and youll find one called lookin for ling. great info. ive never fished clark canyon but I have fished the mo for them at night around GF. I used sucker meat on the bottom with a slip sinker and done really well for them on certain nights. ive also heard people jig for them through the ice with glo jigs and bait. So hope this helps. good luck out there. Tight lines!

Offline OhioEd

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2014, 08:01 PM »
Thanks.  Been reading all the info i can find on here.  What an incredible resource this site is.

strgon84

« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2014, 08:31 PM »
Yes it is. lots of good people on here. Im fairly new to the area, only been here for three years but have learned a lot about the sport from this site. where are you located?

Offline OhioEd

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2014, 08:36 PM »
I've been living in Butte for about 3 years.  Mostly fish Gtown and occasionally delmoe.

strgon84

« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 2014, 08:44 PM »
My dad moved to Twin Bridges about a year ago and has asked me about fishin down there. I just said other than the rivers I wasn't to sure but come on up and ill show you some real trout, and that's whats he did. we fished at night outside of cascade for ling and we caught some but the real thriller for him was the size of the trout we caught, I talkin 24-30 inch rainbows and browns all night. I know the ruby and all those have some nice fish in them but man that was amazing. Caught 7 ling that night anywhere from 2 to 10 pounds as well.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.