The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: MTFWP  (Read 1401 times)

Offline diertae

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pinche Pescadooo!!!
MTFWP
« on: Feb 07, 2012, 10:36 AM »
Anyone noticed that the deadline for special draw is March 15, the same day the new regs come out? Is it a conspiracy?

Molon Labe

Offline PerchAssault

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Established 2006
Re: MTFWP
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2012, 11:08 AM »
Actually...I believe the final quotas will be set by Feb 16th, so regs should be posted online after that.

And this is only for deer and elk permits...like for areas you must have a permit to hunt, not b tags etc.  Moose, goat, sheep etc. remain the same as it always has been.

Change is always confusing...and since they did away with the guaranteed tags, this is a reaction to help folks plan their vacation etc. a little sooner.  You will know if you draw 2-3 months sooner, or so it seems...
If I\'m not fishing, I\'m probably thinking about fishing...And if I\'m thinking about fishing, I\'m probably not getting much else done so, I might as well go fishing...Yeah, I just said that!

Offline fishinwithbrittanies

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2012, 11:14 AM »
Yeah, I think it's good but my only bone is antelope.  Archery antelope (900) doesn't change and I never know until like one to two weeks ahead of time.  I know it's nearly 100% draw but still.  That's the one I would like to have the extra time for and there is no change.
Its better to have hooked and lost than to have never hooked at all - J.B.

*WARNING*  This man fishes with dogs off leash

Offline nic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 07, 2012, 07:07 PM »
Anyone noticed that the deadline for special draw is March 15, the same day the new regs come out? Is it a conspiracy?
'eye did and im kind of old school..id rather flip back and forth on paper than the computer. hope they get new regs out sooner than they think. heard last years still apply but not going to bank on that...going to have to go to MFWP headquarters to buy my new tags and ask questions!?

Offline BigSage

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Whack'm n Stack'm
« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2012, 06:16 PM »
All you need to do is go to your local store where you get your licenses.  They already have the "Early Deadline" packets.  It shows what Hunting Districts you need to apply for, for both elk and deer.  It's just a handful of areas for elk and deer.  It's only for the really special tags, (i.e, breaks, elkhorns, e.f bitterroot, etc...)
I kinda like it.  It's going to catch some people by surprise, and there won't be as many applicants.  Better chance for me!

Offline cnelson

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 12, 2012, 09:49 PM »
ya   they have the packets out   i dont see why everybody is makin a big deal outof it  gives you more time to plan your hunt if you draw your special tag. 

Offline diertae

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pinche Pescadooo!!!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 13, 2012, 06:36 AM »
Could someone go grab a copy and send it to me here in Afghanistan so I can put in for my tags

Molon Labe

Offline diertae

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pinche Pescadooo!!!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 13, 2012, 06:20 PM »
now that is handy! I take back all the mean things I said about MTFWP.....in regards to the regulations. I have always bought my permits online, never even looked at the packet.

Molon Labe

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.