The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Dailey's froze!  (Read 7948 times)

Offline TippinJim

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Dailey's froze!
« Reply #30 on: Dec 09, 2011, 09:58 AM »
Fished all over the lake Thursday. Punched about 50 holes and only saw 1 perch on my camera. Ice was 4-7 inches and nice and clear. Now I need to find the fish!

Offline chucknduck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Dec 09, 2011, 07:16 PM »
Ice was 5-6 inches of very clear ice. So clear I couldn't tell how thick it was kinda scary in the low light and no other tracks going out.  Drilled my way out and ice was consistent. Fished all over and only marked about 6 to 8 fish.  Not a ton of fish but I hooked every one I marked but only put 3 on the ice.

Offline Crestliner 1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Dec 09, 2011, 08:44 PM »
only saw about 20 perch and a couple small eyes punched  about 30 holes caught 4 dink perch.Maybe has something to do with people taking 100-150 fish out last year early,maybe im wrong.

Offline Ivanbbad

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Dec 10, 2011, 03:27 PM »
Dailey's has definetly gotten over fished the last couple years. Every time ive been out there the last couple years ive seen anywhere fron 20 to 40 different people on the ice, thats alot of pressure for such a small pond.

Offline chucknduck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Dec 10, 2011, 04:16 PM »
Taking that many fish out and over pressure has affected it. Even if you release 100 perch I don't think many survive. Lots of the ones I catch have their swim bladder popping out of their throats even though its only 20 ft deep I bet half of the ones I catch are that way. 

Offline Crestliner 1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Dec 10, 2011, 06:49 PM »
thats too bad that place was a nice lake to fish,fished last 2 days didnt hardly see anything on camera caught a few. >:(looks like i might have to find a new spot

Offline coreice85

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Dec 10, 2011, 09:28 PM »
 I have fished it a lot and have seen sevral days where you mark a lot of fish and other days when you mark nothing at all . it stinks that the lake that holds perch so close for us liveingston guys looks like canyon for us now or lewistown res

Offline PerchMafia

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Dec 14, 2011, 12:43 AM »
I was out there saturday, iced ten perch a couple big ones and threw about 15 back. Saw a few decent walleye on the camera. That lake has plenty of fish in it!! And for the guy who thinks walking in our shanty without asking, next time you will get knocked out!!

Offline TippinJim

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Dec 14, 2011, 11:51 AM »
I was on the west side until noon Saturday. Lotsa wind but few fish. How did you keep from blowin' away? :) Good job PerchMafia!

Offline Crestliner 1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Dec 14, 2011, 12:21 PM »
was out there 3 days straight, caught a few fish but very few on the camera.we did see a few decent eyes

Offline MatCat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Dec 14, 2011, 01:18 PM »
Don't understand the post's about overfishing Dailey,  I've never even heard of a perch lake being overfished, usually it's backwards and you have more perch than you know what to do with.  I've fished Dailey for the last ten years and haven't seen anything that tells me the population is declining, if anything I've done better the last couple of years.  I think the biggest thing is changing techniques, with more people fishing the fish see more of the same baits.  Sometimes I throw something in I've never even thought of fishing with and all of a sudden I can't keep fish off the line.  There is always going to be bad days,  I get skunked at least once a year out there, but then you get the days where you Ice 50-100 fish,  don't let a couple of bad days make you think there aren't any fish left in there.

Offline TippinJim

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Dec 14, 2011, 03:36 PM »
I have to agree with MatCat. I know the fish are in Dailey because I caught a lot of them at the end of last winter and in August and September. I just can't find them NOW! In Montana, we don't really know what fishing pressure is. (Look at some of those towns on the midwest lakes!) Last week I was the only one on the ice one day on Saturday there were only 5 that lasted until noon.

I just have a hard time admitting the fish are smarter than ME!   :)

Offline Crestliner 1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Dec 15, 2011, 12:46 PM »
I have a frabil flip over and i put 2 eyelets bolts through the back thenput down anchors behind the sled and use rubber bungees to keep it from wanting to flip over.Guess im gonna have to try changing things up cause i usually use the same thing.Still not seeing alot on the camera though.

Offline lipripr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Dec 16, 2011, 01:03 AM »
Ice is good.  Had my lady out today. She's a big ol gal, makes a great anchor.  Fishing suckeed, but the house never moved.

Offline Fowl Play

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Dec 16, 2011, 01:21 AM »
That was you?!?  Where did you find carharts that size?

Offline Fowl Play

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Dec 16, 2011, 01:22 AM »
Lord I apologize and be with the pigmys down in new guinea!!! ;D

Offline lipripr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Dec 16, 2011, 01:32 AM »
If you're looking for plus sized carharts check out www.icefishingamazons. com.  They've got a nice slim fit yet not too bunchy in the crotch!!  If my heater worked better I might get some icehole action.  If the Frabil is rockin'  don't come a knockin

Offline Fowl Play

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Dec 16, 2011, 01:36 AM »
That's funny stuff!!  Tight lines!!  See ya at the lake!!  Be there Saturday?

Offline lipripr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Dec 16, 2011, 01:40 AM »
Not sure yet?  If the wind is blowing my anchor has a tupperware party.  If there is now wind I'll probably be there.  Look for the Frabil with the two dogs on a leash. 

Offline PerchMafia

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Dec 16, 2011, 04:55 AM »
Good call on the leash part!!! damn dogs running all around where you are fishin tryin to take your fish!!

Offline Bullride21

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #50 on: Dec 16, 2011, 05:14 AM »
Thanks for the info.

Offline lunker_lake

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #51 on: Dec 18, 2011, 07:22 PM »
fished today from 0830 to 1600. Went all over the lake and not a bite. Had 3 others with me and we used everything we could throw at 'em. Wind sucked as did the fishing. Not too enthused with Dailey.

Offline rooster740

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #52 on: Dec 18, 2011, 10:32 PM »
My pops and I fished from 4pm-ish to 515pm. lots of fish on the camera. They seemed very picky but i caught two and my dad caught 6 perch. One walleye drove on by, it waved, honked my horn, then flipped us off and kept driving. It was the first trip out for the year so I delt with setting up rods fighting a spinning camera and 7 more excuses.The bottom line is the old wise man skunked me. The ice seemed strong, but the dang wind was warm, so i did a snow and cold combo dance on the way off of the lake. Oh ya, in my opinion, this place is so over fished that I do not think anybody should go there....but i will let you know how the fishing goes
Ya gotta be tuff when yer dumb

Offline Crestliner 1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Dec 19, 2011, 08:18 PM »
fished sunday also caught a couple right away then nothing for a while.fish started showing up around 4pm but were very picky i think i ended up with 10-11 and 1 eye

Offline rooster740

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #54 on: Dec 19, 2011, 10:10 PM »
Was out again tonight and there was a ton of fish on tv, but you want to talk about picky! They also have nothing in their stomaches, so what is the deal? Not hungry or bad fisherman? The fish that bite, come right in and grab it. The rest just sit there for really long and other then bumping them they do not move?
Ya gotta be tuff when yer dumb

Offline chucknduck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #55 on: Dec 19, 2011, 10:17 PM »
At least you are finding fish. They should get hungry soon. Think I'm gonna try to head over Fri or Sat.

Offline coreice85

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #56 on: Dec 31, 2011, 11:05 AM »
hope it snowed on daileys last night like it did hear in livingston need to get some snow out there i have always done better when the lake is coverd with snow .

Offline chucknduck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #57 on: Jan 01, 2012, 06:27 PM »
Did you go check it out?

Offline Ketchnrelease

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #58 on: Jan 01, 2012, 10:43 PM »
I hear rumors that an ATV broke through over the weekend.  Any truth to that? gotta be sketchy ice in spots down there.

Offline lipripr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #59 on: Jan 02, 2012, 07:59 AM »
Was there yesterday. Not sure about one breakn thru, but there were several ATV's and a couple sleds running around. Ice was 8-10" where we were. The shoreline by the road did have some open pockets tho.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.