Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: don williams  (Read 2169 times)

Offline 515deerhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
  • bobbers down
don williams
« on: Dec 30, 2009, 03:14 PM »
has anyone been to don williams near boone? a ice and fish report would be great if anyone can help.

Offline 0U812

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: don williams
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2010, 03:53 PM »
Haven't had a chance to get up there, hope to give it shot soon. I will let you know what happens.

Offline grizzwald660

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2010, 10:17 PM »
went by there sat afternoon about 4:00 no one fishing. there were some tracks off the point north of the marina that went across the lake. i would guess its slow. but haven't heard any reports either. grizz

Offline toothfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2010, 07:55 AM »
Buddy fished it the other day. Said he had fish come through at all levels. From a couple of feet under the ice and scattered all the way to the bottom. Anyone that have fished a lake with gizzard shad know what these fish are. Too bad someone thought they would be great bait in a pan fish lake. All we can do is hope for a hard winter and get a big shad kill.

"Central Iowa Anglers"

Offline bassrat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2010, 07:59 AM »
great fighting fish on 2 lb line...did i mention that they love spikes???  there's NOTHING like catching 14" gizzard shad.....thank god.   ::)

Offline brittlab

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • HARD WATER ROCKS
« Reply #5 on: Jan 05, 2010, 01:33 PM »
Buddy fished it the other day. Said he had fish come through at all levels. From a couple of feet under the ice and scattered all the way to the bottom. Anyone that have fished a lake with gizzard shad know what these fish are. Too bad someone thought they would be great bait in a pan fish lake. All we can do is hope for a hard winter and get a big shad kill.

no doubt. especially since this sin't the 1st time they've gotten in there

See you on the frozen pond.......Mike

Offline 515deerhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
  • bobbers down
« Reply #6 on: Jan 05, 2010, 01:35 PM »
I talked to a dnr officer out there and he said gills stund crappie slow not much ice fishing pres, had shad blow out and lake went to s&%#

Offline 0U812

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 05, 2010, 01:55 PM »
Well with that said I don't think I will be trying out Don for a while. :%$#!: I hate Gizzard shad they can kill out a lake in no time flat!!!!!

Offline kauffman_matt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 06, 2010, 10:04 PM »
I went out with my dad on Sunday.  He caught a small sun fish but that was it.  Ice conditions are good though.  I have taken our atv out a number of times and have been able to go any where I wanted to

Offline rpallen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 16, 2010, 08:48 PM »
The Park was talking about draining the lake or poisoning the lake to kill off the shad!  I hate to see it but that's what the lake needs!  I assisted the DNR in hoop nets caught lots big cats and all the gills were small!

Offline brittlab

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • HARD WATER ROCKS
« Reply #10 on: Jan 17, 2010, 09:47 AM »
that's not good news with all the  $$ I've donated to the BCCB for stocking of walleyes! where did you get this information?? Tom Foster?

See you on the frozen pond.......Mike

Offline rpallen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 18, 2010, 06:09 PM »
I know all the guys out there well.  It wasn't for sure yet what they were going to do but those were two of the options that the DNR gave them.  Last time I talked to them they were scared the dam wouldn't shut if they opened it. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.