Author Topic: chesterfield this weekend 1/17/15  (Read 625 times)

Offline Mikey8it

• IceShanty Rookie
chesterfield this weekend 1/17/15
« on: Jan 14, 2015, 01:40 PM »
So i am heading up to chessie this weekend. I have fished the dam a couple of times with little luck. Question is where on the lake is good for ice fishing and what kind of lures/bait do they like in the winter? Any help would be greatly appreciated. And also anyone is welcome to join!!!!!!!
FISH ON

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Re: chesterfield this weekend 1/17/15
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2015, 05:06 PM »
I prefer to fish the opposite side of the lake from the boat ramp in 6-10fow some do better deeper but I have never had that luck. I have done good at the damn and in between the ramp and the damn. For sure take night crawlers they seem to like those better than any bait I have used up there. Waxies do ok early in the morning. The standard white and pink paddle bugs/cutter bugs work well and dont be scared to down size to some crappie and perch size jigs in the same colors. Orange is alwasy a good stand by. If you have a machine I would recommend it. Makes moving farther and faster easier. The ice is plenty thick all over the lake. Last report on ther Idaho R&C was giving it 12in. Look thru the chester R&C board, definately helps. If you go back thru the pages on the main Idaho board you will find chester post with some good info.
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Mikey8it

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: chesterfield this weekend 1/17/15
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2015, 10:22 PM »
Thanks muskyon, I appreciate the reply! I did check out the report and def. Will help.  I will post how we do after the weekend.
FISH ON

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.