Author Topic: FG trip 12/13-12/15  (Read 3553 times)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
FG trip 12/13-12/15
« on: Dec 16, 2013, 02:57 PM »
We arrived at the gorge around 2pm Friday after hooking up with prospector and his cousin in green river. Took a little time looking around for a good spot in the blacks arm until bighof showed up and went for the cliff area. After a good work out dragging the sleds around we took his lead and set up by the cliffs. Took a little while getting setup but eventually we had our spot good to go for the weekend

I don't think one fish could swim through this mine field of baits with out taking at least one nibble

our 1st nite provided a lot of hits and misses but this was the take for the 1st day for iceshanty team Utah

I even got my biggest and most this trip, these 2 went 31in and 30in

Saturday was slow for trout for me and fishonone but we did pull a few more burbot through out the day. Prospector was the 1st one to get a trout on with this chunky 19in bow

As the 2nd nite approached the fishing was definitely slower for us but prospector and his cousin did well with more burbot

and this nice surprise for all of us that prospector pulled thru the hole

didn't get a measurement before it was put back down the hole but we were guessing 15-16in. I did put the hookset tip-up to use but didn't get no love on it

As always I was keeping my eye out for a few scenery shots and thought this one looked cool with how the ice formed on these rocks

The tallies on fish for our whole party this trip for 2 days was 41 burbot, 1 bow and 1 koke. This was a great trip and was nice meeting up with prospector & his cousin once again on the hard deck. It was also great to meet and get some fishing in with bighof & some of his team for the bash. Cant wait to get back up there next month for 2 more trips to finish out the bash  ;D tightlines everyone

Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Ton_Def

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: FG trip 12/13-12/15
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2013, 08:23 PM »
Nice looking mine field!  ;D

And a Koke too!?!? :o

Looks like an awesome trip!

Offline liv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2013, 09:27 PM »
Matt, looks like a fun trip!  Nice 30" and 31" water snakes. Looks like you guys took a few more garbage  can mouths out of the water.  ;D

Offline kyle1982

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2013, 10:19 PM »
Hey Musky looks like you guys had a great trip, I was wondering how does your buddy or you like that nice otter shelter thats in the picture, is it pretty comfortable to fish out of? Been thinking about getting one myself but have never seen one in person. thanks

Offline SlaptheFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The best things in LIFE are done on ICE!!!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2013, 11:16 PM »
Awesome guys! wait until the D........lip rippers get up there and show you how its done!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2013, 11:19 PM »
Nice looking mine field!  ;D

And a Koke too!?!? :o

Looks like an awesome trip!

Thanks ton_def, sorry I didn't get back to you but there wasn't any phone service down there. It was cool seeing that koke. No tags in the burbs  :'(  this time  ;)

Matt, looks like a fun trip!  Nice 30" and 31" water snakes. Looks like you guys took a few more garbage  can mouths out of the water.  ;D

Thanks matt, we did clean a few more of them out, the guts on them bigger ones was crazy. They're a little froze up right now but will get them thawed and filleted out to use for dinner or bait and see what they've been eating

Hey Musky looks like you guys had a great trip, I was wondering how does your buddy or you like that nice otter shelter thats in the picture, is it pretty comfortable to fish out of? Been thinking about getting one myself but have never seen one in person. thanks

Thanks kyle, that tent rocks  :thumbsup: it was prospectors and i'm sure he will add to this when he logs on and reads it. He had a twin size mattress in the sled and I didn't hear one complaint about sleeping in there, other than having to go to bed a little early on Saturday. It had all kinds of room to fish and was very warm when I went over to hangout for a minute in between catching fish Friday night  ;)

Awesome guys! wait until the D........lip rippers get up there and show you how its done!

oh yeah buddy its on next trip, nice stop on the D  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: still wish you woulda said that at the weigh-in on the opening weekend
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Crappielover89

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2013, 12:23 AM »
I hope one day that I can do this I have never fished the ice at the gorge..... and never hooked a burb.... always wanted to.... great catch musky.... I bet those biggens were a blast to pull in.... do burbs fight hard????

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #7 on: Dec 17, 2013, 08:03 AM »
what a trip can not wait till the first of the year. thanks to all that came up had a blast need to do it again, the ling fight pretty good

Offline SlaptheFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 17, 2013, 12:07 PM »
So did you guys have to drive down to Manila and call someone to check in the fish?  Thinking about getting up there over the Christmas holiday and thinking that is a lot of running around, but that is how they have it set up right?

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #9 on: Dec 17, 2013, 06:43 PM »
No you just got to be at the restaurant by 11 and some is there to scan the fish

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 17, 2013, 06:55 PM »
This was the first trip with the Otter. She seemed to work well. We were able to keep the heater on low all weekend. The resort is what you see in Matt's pictures. I also have the cottage from last year. Both are great and should last me a long time. If you ever want to see them, all you have to do is be my guide on Pelican one of these days! ;D

Offline kyle1982

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 17, 2013, 07:50 PM »
Sure prospector I'll go to Pelican with you we will just have to figure out when our days off cross, thanks for the info on the shelter definately want to check it out  ;D

Offline SlaptheFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 18, 2013, 04:26 PM »
No you just got to be at the restaurant by 11 and some is there to scan the fish

I assume your talking about the Villa in Manila right?  Or another restaurant?

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Dec 18, 2013, 07:01 PM »
Good stuff. Looks like a fun weekendfor sure!
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #14 on: Dec 18, 2013, 07:23 PM »
I assume your talking about the Villa in Manila right?  Or another restaurant?

yes the villa i want to say from 8am to 11am

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15 on: Dec 18, 2013, 07:37 PM »
Good stuff. Looks like a fun weekendfor sure!

It was a good time appleye and yes slap it is what fishon said 8-11 Saturday/sunday and 8-10 on mon-fri at the villa
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Dec 18, 2013, 09:24 PM »
Thanks again for a great trip guys! :clap:  I am ready to do it again SOON :thumbsup:

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17 on: Dec 18, 2013, 10:07 PM »
It was a pleasure to get a trip in again with you also, if you get the repairs/work done that you have going on we will be back up twice next month to finish out the tourney
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Dec 18, 2013, 10:38 PM »
Say when and where and I will make time. :bow:

Offline Utahman22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Dec 19, 2013, 08:35 AM »
Nice work  boys!

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #20 on: Dec 19, 2013, 10:54 AM »
were are heading back up there i want to say the 2nd weekend in Jan and then the end of Jan

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #21 on: Dec 19, 2013, 02:25 PM »
Say when and where and I will make time. :bow:

Save these dates joe, Jan 10-12 & Jan 24-26

Nice work  boys!

Thanks, cant wait to get back
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22 on: Jan 27, 2018, 12:01 AM »
This trip is the one I would like to relive this next weekend joe. One of my best trips in the blacks arm.  :thumbsup: thanks for all the great gorge trips you guys
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Jan 27, 2018, 12:28 AM »
Thanks buddy. That was a great trip for sure!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.