Author Topic: Bass lure  (Read 1300 times)

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Bass lure
« on: Jul 30, 2019, 06:19 AM »
Even though I can’t fish at the moment my wife tries to find lures for me so that when I can i’ll be able to. Does anyone use tackle warehouse? She saw a lure that looks interesting but can’t find it. Its the Molix trago spin tail. Wondering if anyone knows about this lure.

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
Re: Bass lure
« Reply #1 on: Jul 30, 2019, 08:19 AM »
Be patient 45, this was only just rolled out at I-CAST a couple weeks ago and will take some time to find it's way to the shelves. Tackle Warehouse will probably stock as they're pushing the Iaconelli promo video. TW stocks a number of tailspinners with the closest in design to the Molix being the Jackall Deracoup Tail Spinner. Similar shape, good colors and respected vendor could be an alternative for you if you're anxious.

I've carried a few Little George tailspins for almost ever. My problem is I haven't given them much of a chance to bolster my confidence. I guess I'd feel better if they had a little swim/swing rather a straight lift/drop. Still... I think you could take most any lipless crank or blade and replace the rear hook with a small blade on a swivel and get most of the way there.

Remember, there are no Magic Lures and no Secret Spots.  ;)2
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jul 30, 2019, 10:42 AM »
Thank you, I think that’s where we saw it on a Iaconelli video at I cast. She wanted to get it as a surprise for after my back surgery in hopes that i’ll be able to fish once that’s done and my headaches get settled.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline jedhead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jul 31, 2019, 07:30 PM »
Let that back heal up before you hit it too hard!  Save  the back for pulling the sled!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Aug 01, 2019, 01:42 PM »
Hoping i’ll Be able to do that this winter.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #5 on: Aug 07, 2019, 07:37 AM »
Probably fish like most tail spinner lures and I admit that I fish tail spinner lures often like an inline spinner.  However the best feature is to yo yo it just on touch bottom techniques.  I've tried to fish tail spinners for ice fishing and well...it's just not productive.  Too often It get's tail wrapped on the line.

I still think the best version is Sebile Spin Shad.  Very short lived only like two seasons before they stop making them.  So much potential but so little interest.  And the whopping price of $15 per lure is what probably killed it.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #6 on: Aug 07, 2019, 09:07 AM »
Most of the Sebile lures are pretty pricey. The ones I have are well built with a durable finish so there's something to be said for that. Design is often an intentional deviation from established patterns, not much, but enough to separate its performance from the passel of knockoffs.
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #7 on: Aug 07, 2019, 11:51 PM »
Most definitely about the quality on Sebile.  I put a hook on the spinner on the Spin Shad to hook up with short biters and I got practically 100 percent hook up.  Not once did the spinner blade connection fail.  Hence this eludes to how I see so much potential to the lure.  I would love to have multiple extra sets, but during the two year period I only manage to buy only four lures.  Of which I lost one due to a tip wrap on the line and the lure went flying off into the deep.  Since then I've went to using thick mono leaders so I wouldn't get a tip line wrap on windy days.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.