Author Topic: Catabwa Island???  (Read 9256 times)

Offline bladebait

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Keep Your Line Wet And Your Noodles Warm!
Re: Catabwa Island???
« Reply #30 on: Feb 25, 2007, 09:23 AM »
Three friends of mine went out yesterday and limited out about 2mi. to the northeast. Ice was is good condition. One 8pounder rest were the 18-22 inch fish. Silver and green pimples next to the bottom.

My buddy chartered out of Crane Creek in the airboat and absolutely murdered them. Five man limit in about 50 minutes! Fished until about 2pm with the catch and release thing and said he caught about 30 himself! :o :o ;D
Some men fish real hard but only "real men" fish hardwater!

Offline Peshewa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Feb 25, 2007, 10:38 AM »
      What a day out there...I have to wonder just how many fish were caught on the lake??....Our group whacked them as well and we were all alone where we fished.Easy limits /best fish about eight pounds~one other about five pounds all the rest were 03's....
    NO ONE but us for 3/4 mile +.....A day to remember for sure! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:!!!!!!!.....Sure glad I went yesterday!..I bet she is wet/sloppy a mess today..Again, a BIG thanks to Capt. MIke for puttin' us on em'!.....Peshewa

Offline davec

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Feb 25, 2007, 09:06 PM »
bladebait was wondering if u could let me know what charter your buddies used and how i may contact them.were from indy and would like to get on for some those fish u speak of. really appreciate any information. thanks davec

Offline tmike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Feb 25, 2007, 09:09 PM »
Ice looks great still today. fish are still eating! Taking a group tomorrow. will post results.

Offline davec

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Feb 25, 2007, 09:12 PM »
capt mike would like to go out on the lake with u sometime could u give me a number how to contact u thanks davec

Offline Duckdude

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Feb 25, 2007, 09:16 PM »
i agree about the ice. we made the run in the morning but the winds were just too string to feel comfortable so we headed her back right away. went back out around 2:00 and the wind had died down. all cracks looked identical to yesterday. the wind did nothing, but there is getting to be a lot of slush on the surface. she's good until we get a southwest or west wind the it's toast. just too many cracks to keep it together with the wrong wind
Busch Light Quality Control Inspector

Offline ice makerr

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #36 on: Feb 26, 2007, 12:59 AM »
i went out saturday. we got on to the ice at about 2:00 in the afternoon. we went about strait out and maybe a little east. but we did not catch crap. I was in a big yellow coat and had 3 other people with me my brother had orange snow bibs on. If you seen me you should tell me if I was in the right place to catch them eyes.

Offline bladebait

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Feb 26, 2007, 08:32 AM »
bladebait was wondering if u could let me know what charter your buddies used and how i may contact them.were from indy and would like to get on for some those fish u speak of. really appreciate any information. thanks davec

Went out with Capt. Tim Marino on his Diamondback airboat. Call 330-442-3460. If no answer leave a message with a call back number.

Offline tmike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Feb 26, 2007, 07:59 PM »
monday out of crane creek. I don't even have good enough words. it really looks like last call though. could not have caught them any faster or better size than we did today. Taking a group tomorrow. hope it holds up a little longer.

Offline tmike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Feb 27, 2007, 07:54 PM »
today was great too. not as good in the morning as yesterday, but the afternoon was great. sereral large fish too. tomorrow may be last day for crane creek.heard the shipping season is starting march 1st and they are going to run a cutter to open channel. if they do it won't take any wind at all to open up at crane. will see how ice off catawba holds up but would not count on much if we get any rain thursday to open rivers up. will let you know.

Offline pole_smoker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!!!!!!!
« Reply #40 on: Feb 27, 2007, 11:39 PM »
Mike, I checked the shipping schedule and no shipping was mentioned until the end of March. The Soo locks don't open til then. Not sure if anything going here, as I could not find anything. Try www.boatnerd.com and they can maybe clarify that. I spoke to several people who were going to head out this weekend for one last time. I want to go so bad, because this has been such an awesome year. I always tell myself, if something doesn't feel right don't go. I am not sure what to do. It is hard to walk away from fishing this good. You believe tomorrow is the last day for Crane Creek?? let us know about the weekend, I know others are twitching to go.

Offline IceholeFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #41 on: Feb 28, 2007, 12:22 AM »
A friend of mine wants me to go out this weekend. With the rain and near 50 degree temps coming, it just doesn't feel right. I think I will wait till next year. Go with your instincts, they are usually right.
May ol man winter blow a cool breeze up your shorts!

Offline mpetti

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Feb 28, 2007, 03:40 AM »
I am leaving right now to go out of Crane Creek this morning I will post results tomorrow

Offline pole_smoker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Feb 28, 2007, 09:30 AM »
Yeah I have been monitoring that weather forecast, and it looks like heavy east wind for two days. That may kill the ice for the season. Anyone who goes out, keep the others informed for the weekend. Not looking good though :'(

Offline pole_smoker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Feb 28, 2007, 05:13 PM »
Well I cant figure it out. The winds have changed direction and speed since the morning. Please keep us updated on conditions the next few days.

Offline tmike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Feb 28, 2007, 07:00 PM »
today was , woooow , again. going to be there tomorrow to keep eye on ice but not taking customers. will let you know if she holds in there for the weekend.

Offline Fishin2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Mar 01, 2007, 09:03 AM »
 :oMan, What a day we had off crane creek on wednesday. Fished with Capt. Mike out 5 mi. and tore em up. There were 7 of us fishing and had our limits in an hour and a half. Fun fished another couple hours with well over 100 fish throwed back. Couldn't have had a better day to finish off the 07 fishing license. Makes me feel like I cheated the state this year( FELT GOOOD) ::) Ice seems to be going fast 50 miles south of the lake. Sandusky river starts here in town, and boy, she is movin. Came home thru fremont and the river is moving fast. Ice will be real iffy. Here's a pic of my take yesterday. Largest I caught was 26 inch, rest were 22-23's.

Offline mpetti

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Mar 01, 2007, 09:15 AM »
Fishng was great again out of Crane Creek, a little slow in the early morning (if you can call it that)  but it really heated up in late morning and early afternoon.  We caught our five man limit by early afternoon. Hopefully the ice will survive a little longer.

Offline YR bender

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Mar 01, 2007, 11:20 AM »
Went out yesterday with Capt. Mike. What a great day to be on Erie ice. The weather was great, fishing was great and an awesome captain checking in on us often. Thanks Capt.Mike and thanks to Donny for a fantastic day on Erie. Mike R.

Offline bladebait

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Mar 01, 2007, 03:17 PM »
Erie has been great this year! Caught fish at both Catawba and Crane Creek. Fish out of Crane Creek were running a little bigger with some 10lb fish in the mix. After the next couple of days it"s probably gonna be over with the wheelers. Airboats will have a few more days.

Offline tmike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #50 on: Mar 01, 2007, 04:49 PM »
checked ice today, not good.  could kick my heal thru what was 12 inches of solid ice. 30 mph winds tomorrow with 40 mph gusts. think its over! thanks to everybody that came out this season. getting the boats ready now. should be an awsome year jiging and otherwise. will keep you posted.

Offline pole_smoker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Mar 01, 2007, 04:58 PM »
Hey Mike, You have been a great poster this year, keeping everyone updated. People have praised your knowledge. How about posting your fishing contact info. So others who want to fish with you can contact you either for hard or soft water. Pole

Offline pole_smoker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Mar 04, 2007, 09:51 PM »
Anyone know if the ice survived and may be fishable anywhere on Erie? Looks like we will get another cold blast this week and not if the ice nade it through this warm and rain or not. Any info. would be nice. POLE

Offline mpetti

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #53 on: Mar 06, 2007, 01:45 PM »
I was at Crane Creek on Sunday morning and there was no ice as far as you could see.

Offline pole_smoker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Mar 06, 2007, 11:53 PM »

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.