Author Topic: saugeye  (Read 4896 times)

Offline wiper

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
saugeye
« on: Nov 09, 2003, 08:26 PM »
Live on charles mill lake.Can't catch saugeye Please help  Dusty

pokemon

Re:saugeye
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11, 2003, 05:30 AM »
I would check with the Mifflin Lakes Trading Post in Mifflin Ohio they can give you some good tips. They also have carry alot of Ice fishing equipment.

Offline wiper

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 11, 2003, 08:53 PM »
Hey thanks but I own The Trading post.

Offline John_Boy

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Give me ice or give me death !!!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 14, 2003, 06:11 PM »
hiya wiper .i was in your store today.......and last weekend also. ordered  the vexilar fl-18 from your dad he said you were on here. just thought i'd say hey...i think i'm ready to figure these walleye and saugeye out this year myself. we outta get together ( if we ever get any ice that is ) see if
we can figure those buggers out .

Offline wiper

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 15, 2003, 09:50 PM »
Hey john boy .Thanks for the buisness.Would go fishin any time.I know where the crappie and wipers are but have spent many hours looking for saugeye.Can find a few but no pattern I know there in the lake........Later

Offline John_Boy

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 16, 2003, 07:04 PM »
hey wiper
i fished below p-hill spillway today .caught about 10 or 12
saugeye. some were pretty decent. just waiting on the ice
and of course that new vexi too . i got your e-mail addy offa here too. you may get one from me here on of these days...have a good one

pokemon

« Reply #6 on: Nov 17, 2003, 05:46 PM »
Just wanted to know if you carried the new buzz stick fishing rod in your store I have been looking for one and can't seem to find one locally.

Offline John_Boy

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 17, 2003, 06:30 PM »
pokemon
i think they said they were on order should be in by thanksgiving....hopefu lly  the ice will be right after  :'(

Offline wiper

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #8 on: Nov 19, 2003, 09:41 PM »
Pokeman,I'll have the buzz stik in Friday have 12 coming . Hope they sell? I can't wait to use one.Come down have alot of Ice Fishin gear.And I'f I dont have it I can get It........Later

Offline daffydone

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • just gotta find some ICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: Nov 24, 2003, 03:39 PM »
Can anyone give me some info on grand lake near Celina, I will be living near that area soon and I don't know anything about that lake any info would be greatly appreciated.  8)
if your not walking on water, then you're not icefishing!

crappie king

« Reply #10 on: Nov 27, 2003, 08:39 PM »
Grand Lake St Marys is a man made lake 13,500 acres in size.Workers were paid 35 cents and a jigger of wiskey a day to dig it with hand tools. It took about eight years to complete and was finished in 1845. It is a great crappie lake in the spring and fall. In the spring they hold the annual crappiethon, The average depth is about 8-10 feet so it freezes pretty quick for this area. They have some pretty good perch fishing during the hard water season, you can get into the gills and crappie as well. Bass fishing in the summer is tough there is alot of water and it all looks the same. Because of the shallow depth it doesn't take much wind to get the water chopped up.

Offline daffydone

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • just gotta find some ICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: Nov 30, 2003, 04:33 PM »
Crappie king, thanks for the detailed info. hopefully it will help me out this winter! It will possibly be the only lake that I will get to fish this year, but I do have some lines on a small pond, so maybe I will run in to you out there this year. Are there any suggestions on what end of the lake has the better structure or depths? also would you know of any bait shops around there that sell mousies or maggots? thank you for your help, it has been helpful.
if your not walking on water, then you're not icefishing!

crappie king

« Reply #12 on: Dec 05, 2003, 10:33 PM »
weeds weeds and more weeds, fish anywhere on the lake that has weeds. as far as structure goes all you will find are slight drops 1 to 2 foot depth changes. Its a tough lake to bass fish. as far as ice fishing goes look for the ice shanties the local guys know that lake much better than I do. Sorry not sure about bait stores in the area

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.