Author Topic: Erie Taxi Services?  (Read 5911 times)

Offline tomes1978

• IceShanty Rookie
Erie Taxi Services?
« on: Jan 31, 2015, 09:19 PM »
Does anybody have a recommendation for a lake erie taxi service?  I was excited to use Reel Sport Fishing Charter; however, I just sent them a facebook message attempting to book for 4 people next Saturday and got a message back stating they were canceling the rest of the ice season due to a conflict with the Captain's work schedule.  It also seems there facebook page is taken down!!   I have my own gear, just no way to get on the ice.   The thing I like about reel sport fishing charter is they said you would move with their guides if the fishing was not good.  I don't want somebody who is just going to drop me off and pick me back up, but I also don't want to pay the money for full guide service.  Please let me know if you have any recommendations!

Thanks,
Tom

Offline pole_smoker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!!!!!!!
Re: Erie Taxi Services?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2015, 10:12 PM »
He is/was the only one I knew who was doing it.

Offline tomes1978

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2015, 09:52 AM »
Does anybody have a recommendation for a lake erie taxi service?  I was excited to use Reel Sport Fishing Charter; however, I just sent them a facebook message attempting to book for 4 people next Saturday and got a message back stating they were canceling the rest of the ice season due to a conflict with the Captain's work schedule.  It also seems there facebook page is taken down!!   I have my own gear, just no way to get on the ice.   The thing I like about reel sport fishing charter is they said you would move with their guides if the fishing was not good.  I don't want somebody who is just going to drop me off and pick me back up, but I also don't want to pay the money for full guide service.  Please let me know if you have any recommendations!

Thanks,
Tom

I just talked to him and he is still good to go!! 

Offline codewordcs1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2015, 10:59 AM »
I just got home from my Erie trip and we used reel sports fishing charter. Would highly Not recommend them. It's a great idea and could be a great thing for your Great Lake but Mike is more concerned with making money and taking advantage of others then putting his peeple on fish. Gonna write up a full review with my experience and post it to the Ohio thread.

Offline Eye Caught One

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 03, 2015, 07:12 PM »
I just got home from my Erie trip and we used reel sports fishing charter. Would highly Not recommend them. It's a great idea and could be a great thing for your Great Lake but Mike is more concerned with making money and taking advantage of others then putting his peeple on fish. Gonna write up a full review with my experience and post it to the Ohio thread.

You will absolutely be disappointed with Reel Sport for any service.  Unless he decides to try to impress you because he has lost all his business and is trying to make another stab at it you will regret going with him. He didn't cancel the rest of the season because of his work conflict. He has 6 sleds and multiple shanties and he has several guys working for him. After forgetting a few guys on the ice this year and refusing to move people after they are set up and not showing up to appointments and people complaining all over the internet he decided to disappear. A few weeks ago he called his customers who where waiting for him at the put in and cancelled going out on the ice with some because he said that there was a large crack that had opened up. His customers found out later that the crack did not in fact ever open up more than a few inches and most people never saw it because it was only open in a few spots. He just didnt feel like going out. Then the next day Mike posted pictures of him and some buddies catching a ton of bluegill and catfish in Sandusky bay on the previous day. He cancelled on customers and left them standing at the put in to go fishing with some friends.

Offline juiceman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 04, 2015, 08:03 AM »
FUNNY, he just called and canceled on my buddy yesterday stating ice conditions were going to be too bad Saturday for our group of 4,but a day before said he was going to close down shop after the weekend then was back on. This is all after he makes is Facebook dark to hide a bunch of bad comments. Then said all that happened was he had a couple guys from Detroit who were taxied but complaining about not catching fish but then you really get to here the REAL story on here.

Offline tomes1978

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 04, 2015, 01:55 PM »
What is captain Mike's last name?

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 04, 2015, 02:01 PM »
Johnson

Offline juiceman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 05, 2015, 10:05 AM »
I wonder if the DNR may want to know what's going on with this guy. Just from the safety standpoint of leaving people on the ice, offering a "taxi" service whenno such thing exists. I could probably bet my paycheck he's not associated with the BBB. Or maybe a anti reel sport page to discourage potential targets of his scams. Just an idea.

Offline Colonel Forbin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 05, 2015, 11:44 AM »
This guy didn't need any help, he sunk his own ship, pretty easily from what I gather and see as well.  Most charters and guides don't have any standing with the BBB, in fact I would bet less than 5% and that's generous.

Offline Papascott

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 05, 2015, 05:14 PM »
Blake   4193415509

He is running a taxi service from the mainland to fishing areas.

Please remember there are 2 kinds of ice trips, full guided which is just that including getting shuffled around, shack, tackle, etc, etc. Then there is a taxi service, its a ride out and a ride back, supply your own gear.

Call Blake and see which service would fit you best and prices.

Offline gotchatoday

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 17, 2015, 08:08 PM »
Does anyone know if that Reel Sports fishing company is still in business. I guess a couple guys from Phio called the ODNR and tald them what was going on with them. Not sure of the outcome. maybe they are still investigating? If you are the one who cxalled on them LMK so I can fill suit for them leaving us on the ICE.

Offline Erieguy1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 17, 2015, 08:54 PM »
Yep still running guided trips. Look them up on face book.

Offline Erieguy1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Feb 17, 2015, 08:59 PM »
https://m.facebook.com/reelsportfishingcharters?fref=fr_tab&pn_ref=friends_all&ref=bookmark

They advertised as "The only licensed and insured ice taxi on Lake Erie"  The insurance should pay out well if it wasn't all bs talk like the rest of the business. 

Offline Reel Magic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Feb 18, 2015, 08:16 PM »
I can promise u Blake will be on time and honest, many of u know me I am a long time ice guide. Give him a call he will not disappoint you 4193415509. We got most of our fish Tuesday with 31" in the mix.

Offline tomes1978

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Feb 18, 2015, 09:04 PM »
I can promise u Blake will be on time and honest, many of u know me I am a long time ice guide. Give him a call he will not disappoint you 4193415509. We got most of our fish Tuesday with 31" in the mix.

I am booked with Blake for next Saturday!  I am excited to finally get on Erie for some ice fishing!

Offline whiteyes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Feb 19, 2015, 04:04 AM »
U wont be disappointed.  Blake will put you on fish and ull b happy with his service.

Offline onestring

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Feb 19, 2015, 07:56 AM »
I used Blake last fri and sat stand up young man very pleased with his services he did an outstanding job

Offline XhardwaterX

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Feb 19, 2015, 09:06 AM »
Nice! I got a trip booked the 27th with him

Offline thebear

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Feb 20, 2015, 09:02 AM »
Reel Sport Fishing may be hiring! He just lost his right hand man.

http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2015/02/20/Whitehouse-man-charged-with-murder-in-1982-death.html

What a class outfit that seems to be!

Offline Erieguy1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Feb 20, 2015, 07:30 PM »
Birds of the feather flock together !!!  Great business practices by these guys. Just hope they don't get anyone hurt or worse. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.