The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Boysen experts  (Read 2509 times)

Offline WyoZac

• IceShanty Rookie
Boysen experts
« on: Jan 08, 2007, 02:51 PM »
So tell me the best place to go fishing this next weekend. I usually only get to fish Boysen once a year so i never know were to decent spots are on the lake anymore. :( Your opinions would be greatly appreciated, and I promise to leave a few big ones in the lake when I go home on Monday! ;)
Zac

Offline WyoZac

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Boysen experts
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2007, 11:48 PM »
Anybody???? :( :( :(
Zac

Offline 4cator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Will ya look at that pig!!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2007, 03:38 AM »
Look at the other reports on here. I haven't been over there yet. I hear they are gettin into a few perch, but you have to drill lots of holes and find them first.

And as always, you can catch trout with jigs or tip ups.  On about any point.
All tyranny needs to succeed, is for men of good conscience to remain silent.    Thomas Jefferson.

Offline WyoZac

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2007, 04:02 PM »
I was mainly wondering about the ice, does the east side have as much ice as the west?
Zac

Offline WyoZac

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2007, 08:00 PM »
whats the ice been like around tough creek? :tipup:
Zac

Offline bohman77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2007, 10:31 PM »
i fished Boysen this past Monday and there was 12" of ice down out the damn. I saw found one of the biggest schools of crappies holding over a very small brush pile and ask me how many I caught? Zero, can you believe that. I sat for five hours and changed lures over fifty times. I tried everything from rattle spoons to marmooska jigs tipped w/ a spike. The only thing that I could conclude was that glow red was the color that excited them the most and a minnow would even get a look. It had to be spikes.
Hope others are having good luck.

bill bohman

Offline doggbiter

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • They call me Fish
« Reply #6 on: Jan 09, 2007, 11:10 PM »
[quote author=bohman77 link The only thing that I could conclude was that glow red was the color that excited them the most and a minnow would even get a look. It had to be spikes.
bill bohman
[/quote]

I thought you caught zero??
5 YEAR ICE ADDICT
Busch-Light.......CANS
Blue-toppin.........and lip-rippin
DON'T GET NO BETTER!!

Offline WyoZac

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 10, 2007, 01:36 AM »
Thanks for the info :)
Zac

Offline 4x4elk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 10, 2007, 04:19 AM »
Wyozac just pick a spot and go good luck and be safe
FIND'EM, CATCH'EM, FILLET'EM, GRILL'EM & EAT'EM

Offline bohman77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 10, 2007, 07:38 AM »
You're exactly right I didn't catch a one but I did have a camera and watched their reaction to different colors and presentations. I concluded that red glow was a color that excited them its not what triggered them.  i wish i would've found that color or presentation.    you win some and lose some.

Offline doggbiter

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • They call me Fish
« Reply #10 on: Jan 10, 2007, 07:15 PM »
 That's cool, thanks for the additional info. Bohman.

GOOD LUCK!
5 YEAR ICE ADDICT
Busch-Light.......CANS
Blue-toppin.........and lip-rippin
DON'T GET NO BETTER!!

Offline hammerhead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 10, 2007, 07:33 PM »
Been skunked the last three times I,ve been out. Last time I just set all my lines for trout and still couldn,t even get a bite. Guys with me caught a total of two small burbot in three days fishing.

Offline eyewinder

• Team IceShanty Regular
Time of day?
« Reply #12 on: Jan 10, 2007, 09:17 PM »
bohman:

Were you able to fish the last hour of daylight?  It's amazing how the crappie tend to turn on around 3:30 or 4:00 p.m. on many of the lakes that I fish. 

Often it would appear there isn't a living critter under the ice during the afternoon, or they are extremely shy.

eyewinder
"We are hunters. . .when the buffalo are gone, we will hunt mice. . ."  Sioux war chief

Offline rumdrinker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 11, 2007, 12:22 AM »
Hey that Crappie place, try it at dark, I hit a spot last year that I could not hit anything.  But as soon as thend  sun set and got dark I hit about 20 crappie.  I have heard the same thing from other people.  sounds like the crappie hit at night!

Offline bohman77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 11, 2007, 08:47 AM »
You know I really wanted to stay and fish into the night but my girlfriend had other plans for me so to keep her happy I left about three. I grew up in Ohio and fished crappie all the time and you guys are exactly right about fishing them at night. I just figured that with my camera in the water I could have them tell me what they wanted; yeah that really worked for me! You folks on this forum really know what your talking about. Its awesome to have the ability to pick your brains about what works and more importantly what doesn't work. Keep up the great work and if anyone is going to Boysen this weekend Ill be at the sisters hopefully working the weed line and trees.
Bill Bohman

PS Ill be the guy in the big blue ice armor suit. That thing is awesome.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.