The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: tounge river res.  (Read 1386 times)

Offline BIG WEST

• Team IceShanty Regular
tounge river res.
« on: Jan 07, 2007, 05:29 PM »
 :%$#!:heard some news dont know if its true or not. someone told me live bait used at the tounge neede to be purchased in montana. has anyone heard of this? while im on the subject hows the fishing any news would be great

Offline rumdrinker

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: tounge river res.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2007, 09:47 PM »
That is not true, I bought mine in ranchester.  It is the same guy that used to sell them at the motel a couple years ago, it should be a no brainer for the montana FG to figure out that it is all the same drainage. But if you dont know he guy in Ranchester just ask anyone in town and they can point you to his house.

I thing I hear was, you could not bring any minnows out of montana so you had to dump them on your way out.  But that was about 2 years ago at a walleye meeting in Sheridan. 

I know this summer the marina was selling minnows, but I am not sure if they are open this winter.  I know they wanted to stay open for all the ice fisherman.

hope this helps, good luck up there I miss the crappie in that lake!!

Offline darkhousefisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Me and my fishing buddy
Re: tounge river res.
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2007, 10:36 PM »
:%$#!:heard some news dont know if its true or not. someone told me live bait used at the tounge neede to be purchased in montana. has anyone heard of this? while im on the subject hows the fishing any news would be great

That law has been passed and went into effect January 1st.  Here's the link to the proposal report.
http://fwp.mt.gov/content/getItem.aspx?id=19096

And here's the link to the new law.
http://fwp.mt.gov/news/article_5074.aspx

it should be a no brainer for the montana FG to figure out that it is all the same drainage.

According to the report, this law is due to a request from the Wyoming Fish and Game Department.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.