Author Topic: Rapala Rippin rap  (Read 6462 times)

Offline berg285

• Team IceShanty Regular
Rapala Rippin rap
« on: Nov 15, 2011, 10:07 PM »
Just curious if anybody has picked up any of the new rippin raps.. Not to much info on them yet from what i can see on the net... Other then a few pics in the ice guide... I like the looks of some of the new colors. I have been using the clackin rap with good results.. i just need to add some of these to the arsenal ;D.... Stopped in at a few fleetfarms scheels, and a couple ganders this past weekend in wisconsin and they didnt have any or have any knowledge of them  ??? i would think some guys out there have some buy now  :tipup:

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Rapala Rippin rap
« Reply #1 on: Nov 16, 2011, 06:49 PM »
cabelas has limited stock  @ $5.99 each
Don

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2011, 06:04 PM »
This sounds interesting and promising for ice fishing.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline Melbs7

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2011, 07:14 PM »
Are you talking about the jigging Shad? I picked up 3 or 4 of them from Cabelas a couple weeks ago. I like they shape of them. and some of them are a UV glow. to get the full affect from the UV glow... do you need to buy a UV light to charge the glow??

Offline berg285

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 28, 2011, 07:41 PM »
Just picked up 4 of these in two different sizes and colors, from Cabelas online. Haven't had a chance to use them yet- still waiting for first ice.
Good deal i will be making a order soon cant wait to try a few of these new ones out!

Are you talking about the jigging Shad? I picked up 3 or 4 of them from Cabelas a couple weeks ago. I like they shape of them. and some of them are a UV glow. to get the full affect from the UV glow... do you need to buy a UV light to charge the glow??
No Rapala came out with a Rippin shad it is designed as a new icefishing lipless clackin rap style 

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 20, 2011, 07:18 AM »
Good deal i will be making a order soon cant wait to try a few of these new ones out!
 No Rapala came out with a Rippin shad it is designed as a new icefishing lipless clackin rap style

the rippin shad is made by northland isnt it?   its like a lindy darter no weight to it.  looked at them do not think im going to pull the trigger its just to light.  I did buy some clackin raps they look like they will work awesome this year.  time will tell.

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 20, 2011, 07:22 AM »
i stand correct rapala does make a rippin rap.  I just googled it.  Im trying the clackin rap this year first and see how that works.  I never had luck with getting anything to bite a darter so im wondering if its the action or the lure itself or what not.  True story I fished with 2 poles last winter a darter and a reg jigging rap at same time.  I could get the eyes over jigging a darter but couldnt get them to bite.  pick up my rapala pole dance it a couple time and here comes the walleye.   ;D

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Dec 20, 2011, 08:21 AM »

The UV reflective Jigging Shad do not charge and glow like phosphorescent glows.

The top Jiggin' Shad Rap is the UV shine lure activated under the UV light.  The glow perch reacts typical with the glow belly.  While the red glow Jiggin' Shad Rap doesn't really react to the UV light at all except for some paint on the back of the lure.

Offline berg285

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 20, 2011, 06:24 PM »
Yeah I can't wait to try out the new shad colors and the rippin raps. I like the new brown and orange jigging shads.. :tipup:

Offline Soupy944

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 20, 2011, 06:27 PM »
The UV reflective Jigging Shad do not charge and glow like phosphorescent glows.

(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)

The top Jiggin' Shad Rap is the UV shine lure activated under the UV light.  The glow perch reacts typical with the glow belly.  While the red glow Jiggin' Shad Rap doesn't really react to the UV light at all except for some paint on the back of the lure.

did you clip off the front hooks?

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10 on: Dec 20, 2011, 07:30 PM »
yes, two of them I clipped the front hooks off.

Offline hesseltine32

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yelling at the fish on my screen
« Reply #11 on: Feb 01, 2012, 09:33 PM »
Just ordered a few of the shad and rap from cabelas hope they get her soon so i can test them out

Offline berg285

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 01, 2012, 09:41 PM »
Yeah my local gander just got them in I put them to use today and the first drop down and 2 good rips and a walleye came in and smoked it.. I like the action on them can't wait to put a few more on the ice soon with them  :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.