Author Topic: Marmooska Dancer  (Read 3750 times)

Offline Bennettc

• Team IceShanty Regular
Marmooska Dancer
« on: Oct 27, 2011, 12:51 PM »
I saw a picture of new tungsten jigs from HT.  I'm interested in the "Marmooska Dancer"  I can't really find any info about them online.  What do you guys think?

Offline ak-71

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Marmooska Dancer
« Reply #1 on: Oct 27, 2011, 01:11 PM »
Funny, but right at the top of the page is a link to Marmish sponsor :). That makes for 2 wrong translitirations of a Russian word on one page  ::).
One of the correct translitirations I think is "Mormyshka".

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 27, 2011, 01:24 PM »
Ketchup or Catsup, just an advertising thing. Most of these "New" tungsten baits look the same, just a different paint pattern.

Offline walleye tattoo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wisconsin chapter
« Reply #3 on: Oct 27, 2011, 06:00 PM »
Now where can we get just the jigs so we can use the colors that work .
You all know there is one color that out produces all others.

Live to fish forced to work

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 27, 2011, 06:03 PM »
Now where can we get just the jigs so we can use the colors that work .
You all know there is one color that out produces all others.
I hear you, probably be a year of three before the manufacturer/bulk distributor figure that part out

surflizard

« Reply #5 on: Oct 27, 2011, 06:07 PM »
Like the looks of the 2 flies on the bottom row !

Offline richstick

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I drill holes - lots of holes
« Reply #6 on: Oct 27, 2011, 09:10 PM »
The HT re-branded ice jigs are manufactured by Shark tackle - a Latvian company.  I had a chance to see the samples/prototypes last year - wow.  Quality of these jigs should be outstanding - these are the guys that invented mormyshka style fishing  :)  I can't wait to find them in the stores!!!

Offline ak-71

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Oct 27, 2011, 09:38 PM »
The HT re-branded ice jigs are manufactured by Shark tackle - a Latvian company.  I had a chance to see the samples/prototypes last year - wow.  Quality of these jigs should be outstanding - these are the guys that invented mormyshka style fishing  :)  I can't wait to find them in the stores!!!
According to Wikipedia "Mormyshka was invented in the 19th century in Russia.", and I doubt it too that  Latvian company  "Shark tackle" did it :)
They (jigs not company) were around for at least for as long as I remember myself, more or less the same  as now

Offline richstick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Oct 28, 2011, 09:06 AM »
Sorry - I meant that Latvian/Russian/Eastern European anglers invented Mormyshka, not Shark Tackle.   ::)

surflizard

« Reply #9 on: Oct 28, 2011, 09:29 AM »
There are a LOT of Cheap Lead bodied, Tunsten Powder coated, Knock offs coming out of those Baltic countries now, reports of hook eyes snapping off when guys try to clear the paint out of the eyes ! Bodies coming loose and spinning on the hooks, Junk hooks, either so soft the hook points roll over at the slightest touch or so hard and brittle that the points snap off ! A wicked deal on Russian or Latvian jigs might just be that kind of deal !

Offline Bennettc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Oct 28, 2011, 10:12 AM »
Heres an older catalog from Shark Tackle.  Lot's of choices.  Doesn't look like they would be cheaply made.  We'll see how the HT version is.  Funny HT doesn't even have them on their site yet.  They have a bunch of ads for them in the in fishermen magazine.

http://www.shark.lv/

surflizard

« Reply #11 on: Oct 28, 2011, 10:20 AM »
They are some nice designs, looks like Bentley has some competition for their Swarovski crystal jigs !

Offline richstick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Oct 28, 2011, 02:37 PM »
If you want to buy the Bentley jigs with the crystal for WAY cheaper, check out sportsmensdirect.    And yes, the Shark stuff is not junk, not by a long shot - it's really really nice tackle.  I've see one report of the new northland jigs snapping - but that means nothing to me until I know more.  Who is sourcing northlands jigs, how did the guy break them exactly, etc. 

What would really get you guys is if you knew what the markup on a tungsten ice jig is :-) 

Offline 7lazy77

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GO POKES!
« Reply #13 on: Oct 29, 2011, 10:07 AM »
If you want to buy the Bentley jigs with the crystal for WAY cheaper, check out sportsmensdirect.   
[/quote

It is probably just me, but I can't find them on the site.

Offline 7lazy77

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GO POKES!
« Reply #14 on: Oct 29, 2011, 10:22 AM »
Sorry, I finally found them.

Offline Bennettc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Nov 09, 2011, 09:23 PM »
I emailed HT about these jigs.  They said they had just received them and would shipping them out soon.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.