Author Topic: How to locate perch  (Read 11610 times)

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
Re: How to locate perch
« Reply #30 on: Dec 28, 2006, 08:23 AM »
shhhhhhhhhhhhh dawg......Thats why this hound aint HOWLIN over here.... ;) Now we just need ice :(

Whoops, I'll be vewy vewy quiet.  ;D ;)
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline perch-man

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born To FISH Forced To Work
« Reply #31 on: Dec 28, 2006, 08:45 PM »
If your lake is big enough and gets pressure heaves this a oxgyen opening and draws minnows and Perch that feed on minnows. Lake Dauphin ,Lake Winnipeg and Lake Manitoba theses areas are magnets for Perch .The ice may be a bit thicker next to the crack but extra drilling will be worth it!

Offline whitetailmaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • shut up-n- fish
« Reply #32 on: Feb 09, 2007, 09:59 PM »
WEll i always look for mud FLATS not big steep drops. But every lake is different. THey may be in the weeds, on weed edges, on the bottom of the drop, at the top of the drop, you just never know. MY best advice is too drill a ton of holes, explore and figure the lake out for yourself. I rarely follow other fisherman and almost always come off the lake with a bestter catch than most of the other fisherman. 90% of fisherman catch 10% of the fish and 10% of the fisherman catch 90% of the fish. Which group would you rather be in?? I can tell you what group some people on this site think they are in and what group they are actually in :)
  CAnt agree with you more! I never follow other fishermen.They follow me!(unfortunately)
team I.C.Light

Offline hardwaterhound

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Feb 12, 2007, 06:02 AM »
If your lake is big enough and gets pressure heaves this a oxgyen opening and draws minnows and Perch that feed on minnows. The ice may be a bit thicker next to the crack but extra drilling will be worth it!

That is a VERY true statement!

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Feb 12, 2007, 09:35 PM »
Holds true on much smaller lakes as well, Shhhhhhhhh.

Offline doggbiter

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • They call me Fish
« Reply #35 on: Feb 16, 2007, 11:36 PM »
WEll i always look for mud FLATS not big steep drops. But every lake is different. THey may be in the weeds, on weed edges, on the bottom of the drop, at the top of the drop, you just never know. MY best advice is too drill a ton of holes, explore and figure the lake out for yourself. I rarely follow other fisherman and almost always come off the lake with a bestter catch than most of the other fisherman. 90% of fisherman catch 10% of the fish and 10% of the fisherman catch 90% of the fish. Which group would you rather be in?? I can tell you what group some people on this site think they are in and what group they are actually in :)

WOW.....What an expert, no the expert.......in your mind :roflmao: :roflmao: :clap: :whistle:
5 YEAR ICE ADDICT
Busch-Light.......CANS
Blue-toppin.........and lip-rippin
DON'T GET NO BETTER!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.