Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 232149 times)

Offline Splattypus

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #4080 on: Jan 14, 2024, 12:18 PM »
Good day for baking, indeed.

Yesterday we made some some salted toffee cashew blondes that came out amazing. And with like 7tbsp of butter, it'll help me pack on the insulation for the winter 😀
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work.

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4081 on: Jan 14, 2024, 01:04 PM »
Hey a little extra padding is good in case you get snowed in and can't get to the grocery store  :roflmao:

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4082 on: Jan 14, 2024, 02:18 PM »
Good Afternoon Everyone, 33* here with snow squalls. On our way home from NH had a small dead tree fall in front of us. We pulled over and fortunately other people pulled over and helped. Mr Dickens isn’t feeling good today. Seems more tired today.

WallyWorld, Seems like a good baking day. I’ve put on too much insulation.

Hunts2long, Hope your wife gets good results. Good luck tonight.

Ice Wanderer, That was nice of you to watch your neighbors dog.

Mr Clean, Thank you for the info on Quaker Oatmeal. That’s what I eat in the morning. Prayers for those 2 gentlemen and their family. It’s tough with this weather to tell if the ice is safe.

I hope everyone had a great day and has a great evening.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #4083 on: Jan 14, 2024, 02:30 PM »
I do not have a heated shop but keep them in the shop and even I replace batteries from time to time, but I have noticed to keep them charged if you are not driving them daily has helped quite a bit for keeping batteries longer, especially in the boat over the winter charging them either once a month or once every couple months the batteries seem to keep better.
A battery tender works well in the winter!!! :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: :bow:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4084 on: Jan 15, 2024, 04:35 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                     It's 5* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                     H2l...........Now that the cold has set in, maybe they will open the gates. :unsure: I hope the test results come in with good results. :thumbsup:
                     Splatty......If you aren't using the batteries during the winter, take them out and store in a warm place but not on concrete. :whistle:
                     Wally........I think ice is being made as I type away. :woot:
                     Fish..........When I first moved here to the Adirondacks, it was nothing to see -20 for a month, actually in 1976 it never got above zero the month
           of January. :o And the coldest I've seen here was -52* :cookoo:
                     OS............You're right a battery tender is a must. :flex:
                     I-45..........I had snow squalls here yesterday also and there were times it was a whiteout, and they produced about 3" of snow. :whistle:
                     I went to the neighbors for the football games, what a feast she put on, chicken wings and drums, pigs in a blanket, cheese and crackers, carrot and
           celery sticks, shrimp, and turkey salami cheese rolls. And of course some beer.
                    I have an early therapy appointment this morning.
                   I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #4085 on: Jan 15, 2024, 05:30 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Clear and 10* here on the Hill this am, high of 26 today.

Jeff…hope today’s therapy session goes well for you.  :thumbsup:

Just a quick hello to say Thank You to everyone for the kind words and support leading up to todays surgery. I’m truly grateful and thankful to all. :bow:   Will be trying to keep up with the thread and get back to posting again soon.
  Cawfee’s on….
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4086 on: Jan 15, 2024, 05:59 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie......wishing you the best  ;)

IW.....sounds like quite the feast  :thumbsup:

H2L....hope the bowling went well last night  :flex:

Looks like the cold has arrived, at least for this week  @)  Hopefully we don't read of any one getting too stir crazy and venturing out on thin ice  :nono:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
« Reply #4087 on: Jan 15, 2024, 06:25 AM »
GM all,

15* here in lovely Dutchess, we are finally making ice.  Wahoo!!  We can only hope it lasts.

IW   Sounds like some good eats, hope you had fun.

Eddie  Good luck today, hope all goes well.  Im recovering from some dental surgery myself.

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4088 on: Jan 15, 2024, 06:27 AM »
12* and clear.

Eddie, you will be in our thoughts!

Mr. C, while reading some past post I see a question you asked about the water going over the dam. When it gets to 771' it goes over. The highest I ever saw was 774' and my sump pump ran for a while.

IW, may start making some ice IF the wind stops for a day or two.

I eat oatmeal every morning during hunting season and the wife made some yesterday morning.

I bowled out of my mind last night, had a 564 for 3 games, we took 3 of 4 points. It has been a long time since I bowled that well for 3 games on the same night.

WW, good weekend to open the bakery, aren't they all.

Hope everyone has a good day and stay warm...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4089 on: Jan 15, 2024, 06:53 AM »
H2L  Congrats on the game, I havent bowled in a long time.  I was a pin-chaser/mechanic back in my youth, and had a LOT of fun there.  After a few years of that, you get a different perspective on the game  LOL 

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4090 on: Jan 15, 2024, 07:14 AM »
Good morning ER’s. 24 and snowing, guesser says All day. Don’t need to go anywhere but the front porch for firewood.

Eddie 🤞the surgery goes well and the healing is speedy for you.

Looking like I will be in my pajamas and watching tv most of the day and feeding the wood stove

Best to all
Bud

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4091 on: Jan 15, 2024, 07:18 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 15* here Weather guessers say it’s supposed to be sunny today but cold. Snow tomorrow.

MasonEddie, Your in our prayers. Good luck today.

Hunts2long, Congratulations on a great game.

Ice Wanderer, Great joke. Good luck at your physical therapy today.

WallyWorld, May you find some ice.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4092 on: Jan 15, 2024, 10:42 AM »
WW your card arrived, must’ve been a rough ride but post office came through with their envelope

Bud

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4093 on: Jan 15, 2024, 12:25 PM »
OMG that's crazy  :wacko:  like they say "better late than never" Merry Christmas  :roflmao:

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4094 on: Jan 15, 2024, 12:46 PM »
Sounds like everyone is having a good time and getting things done and h2l congrats on the great bowling. The swim meet went well, they boy got DQ'd again on the breaststroke as he is not touching the wall with both hands and the same time. Each kid swam in a couple relays and had a good time, we got to visit with family from Powell and my mom and all where in town as her husband's mom passed away on Thanksgiving and they had the funeral on Friday. So they got to watch the kids swim Saturday it was a good time. On the drive home seen 2 above in one spot and the lake was 1 below and the house was 4 below but warming up as we are only getting to 16 or so below zero, ice seems to be forming so the derby this weekend should have good ice and some fun, supposed to warm up to highs in the high 20's and lows right around zero. Well better get back to work the boss is having a melt down on issues from another plant. Oh the joy. Have a good Monday everyone.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4095 on: Jan 15, 2024, 09:48 PM »
Good evening, 28 with snow expected overnight around one inch and then more snow tomorrow . I see that actress Joyce Randolph who played Trixie Norton on the Honey Mooner's TV show passed away recently at the age of 99 . going to enjoy this while it last gas price have dropped here slightly down to $2.90/gallon for 87 octane at some stations .
Ice Wanderer looks like our neighbor had quite the feast for the football games dining .May today's therapy session not have left you to sore.
Eddie may all have gone well for you today and you are resting comfortably at hospital and will be discharged soon to your home.
Wallyworld this coming weekend folks will venture out onto the ice somewhere hopefully all get back home safely.
Kb may your dental surgery have gone well for you.
Hunts2long thank you for answering my question on GSL . Congratulations on a good night of bowling.
IFF looks like Wallyworld's Christmas card got caught in the mail processing equipment before getting to you.
Icefisher-45 glad the tree did not cause an accident and others stopped to help you. may Mr. Dickens have more energy today.
 Splattypus I assume most vehicle in drifter's part of the world have engine block heaters and some type of heater for the vehicle battery. I have cousins who live in Casper,Wyoming during one of my visits to see them I noticed a plug socket like you would find on an extension cord in the front grill of a car inquiring what it was for informed about the engine block heaters. Works to keep the engine oil from thickening in extreme cold.
Fish/hunt4ever belated condolences to your mom and her husband plus his family on their loss. Good to read your children did well at the swim meet. hopefully next time your son is in a breast stroke race he touches the wall properly.

Congratulations to the Buffalo Bills and their fans i see they won their game over Pittsburgh. Prayer for all dealing with the lake effect snow in Western NY.
Have a good night.
  Steve

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4096 on: Jan 16, 2024, 04:24 AM »
Gm all,

22* and rocking a half inch of show here.  Long range forecast has us going back above freezing next week.  I may have to go way north to get on some ice this year.  Such is life.

Hope everyone has a great day. 

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4097 on: Jan 16, 2024, 05:41 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie....hoping all went well yesterday and you're on the mend  ;)

FH4.....sorry for the loss of your extended family member  :'(

H2L....keep doing whatever you did pre-bowling last Sunday :woot:

IW.....did your neighbor put on another feast for yesterday's games  ???

IF45.....hope MrDickens is feeling better today  :-\

WS......made it to the down hill side of January  :thumbsup: :roflmao:

MrC.....2 people and their dog fell thru a local lake this weekend, luckily all survived  :o

A grocery store run today, that's about it.

Have a good day. Stay safe,stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4098 on: Jan 16, 2024, 06:16 AM »
15* and cloudy.

Ice45, hope Mr. Dickens is feeling better.

WW, not sure what I did right on the lanes so chances of it happening again soon will be rare.

Eddie, you are in our thoughts, take it easy.

Everyone have a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4099 on: Jan 16, 2024, 06:25 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 22* here and snowing. Weather guessers are saying 4-6” of snow. Going to be cold all week. Maybe the ponds will freeze. Mr Dickens is acting like himself again.

WallyWorld, Thats good news that the 2 people and their dog survived. Was Mr WallyWorld involved in the rescue?

MasonEddie, Keeping you in our prayers that everything went well and you’re on the mend.

Fish, My condolences on the loss of your extended family member.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. Prayers for Firefighters, Police, First responders and those working today in the snow.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4100 on: Jan 16, 2024, 06:58 AM »

Good morning Everyone,
                             It's 7* and lite snow is falling.  ::)
                             Eddie...........I hope your surgery went well and you are resting comfortably. :thumbsup:
                             H2l..............Congr atulations on three good games, keep it up for the rest of the year. :clap:
                             Wally...........That seems all I do these days is shopping, I hope you find everything you needed. :whistle:  My neighbor always has a spread
               last night we had Chicken Parmesan. :thumbsup:
                             Kb...............I hope you find some safe ice to get on. :unsure:
                             I-45.............I'm glad Mr. Dickens is feeling himself again. :clap:
                             Steve...........The gas prices are dropping up here as well but not fast enough, what confuses me when we had normal pricing the price between
               Warrensburg and Glens Falls was about  $,06 a gallion, now its $.23 a gallon difference, it doesn't cost that much a gallon to truck it 15 miles. :cookoo: :%$#!:
                             Fish.............I'm sorry to read about the loss of a family member. :( That sucks that your son got DQ'd  :cookoo:
                             Bud.            Stay warm. :whistle:
                             My therapy went well, and then on the way home I stopped to see my second son, the kids wee home I forgot that it was MLK DAY. Then  i went
              home and made some major progress in my basement. I talked to my friend Jon and we are going to try getting out on some ice on Friday.
                            I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4101 on: Jan 16, 2024, 09:11 AM »
Cooling before getting packed for the trip to Michigan

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #4102 on: Jan 16, 2024, 09:26 AM »
masoneddie, thoughts and prayers are with you and your family...  Get Well Soon!

Have a Blessed day all, and stay safe.
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4103 on: Jan 16, 2024, 11:21 AM »
Eddie thought and prayers are sent your way today thinking of how the surgery went for you and hoping all is good.

Well another day at work and it was a balmy 30 below this morning, warmed up to 14 below so far today.  Been an interesting work week and trying to get ready for the derby that we go to in a few days, only 3 days and we will be out drilling holes in the ice and seeing if we can win some money.  Well better get back to it and stay up on things here as the boss is hovering and making demands.  Have a good one everyone.

Offline Splattypus

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4104 on: Jan 16, 2024, 06:29 PM »
Thanaks all. Familiar with the block heaters, most all our heavy diesel trucks have them. Haven't come across much in the way of battery heaters for gasoline vehicles though. I mean, some searching on Amazon yielded something akin to a heating pad for a sore back, but made of silicone. Reviews seemed very mixed and a few people reporting nearly-melter batteries. Makes me a little leery, but worth some more research I guess. Beats getting up 2 times a night to start my truck when it's -20 outside.

Cookies looking good, ww!

I feel your pain f/h4e, got almost nothing accomplished at work today besides trying to get trucks and equipment started. I hate the cold, why did I move to Minnesota again?

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #4105 on: Jan 16, 2024, 06:45 PM »
As an ex-Minnesotan, just hook up a battery charger over night!!! The charging keeps your battery warm!!  :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: ;)2 :bow:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Splattypus

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4106 on: Jan 16, 2024, 08:17 PM »
Little trickle charger, or something a little beefier? I'm sure I can manage to park in front of the garage and snake an extension cord out.

And I'll definitely be picking up a portable jump pack, those things are convenient enough to justify the price

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4107 on: Jan 16, 2024, 09:42 PM »
 Good evening ,21 with a clear sky received 3-4 inches of snow did have a period of sleet. Thanks to colder temperatures less moisture in the snow made for easier shoveling and vehicle cleaning. Like Wallyworld did some grocery shopping today.
Kb looking like there maybe a short ice fishing season here in the Mid Hudson valley depending on February-March's weather.
Wallyworld glad the people and dog all gout out and are alright. may you have found everything on your shopping list in stock . Good looking batch of cookies.
Hunts2longmay you have the driveway and vehicles cleaned of snow.
Icefisher-45 good to read that Mr. Dickens is back to his old self. May the landlord have you plowed out.
Ice Wanderer gas prices do leave one shanking their head at times I have two Sunoco stations close to me one is usually cheaper then the other by a few cents. They are only around a quarter mile from each other. Nice to read you made progress in getting basement organized. Best wished for your fiend and you in finding a place to ice fish on Friday.
Bart may things be going well for you .
Fish/hunt4ever may you be able to split time between work and getting prepared for the ice fishing derby.
Splattypus  best to you in finding a solution to the battery problem .

Have a good night .
  Steve

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4108 on: Jan 16, 2024, 10:07 PM »
Little trickle charger, or something a little beefier? I'm sure I can manage to park in front of the garage and snake an extension cord out.

And I'll definitely be picking up a portable jump pack, those things are convenient enough to justify the price

I run a 10 amp charger/maintainer under the hood of my new truck.
I also have a block heater (factory) and a battery blanket.
The new truck has so many modules that can eat a lot of power as well as the electric power steering that draws 18 amps with the truck running that with my short drives to work leave the battery under a full charge. My '23 F150 hybrid has the 12 volt battery under the hood, another 12 volt battery under the back seat that runs the modules needed to start the truck and then there's the high voltage battery for the hybrid motor. So much tech on these new vehicles.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #4109 on: Jan 17, 2024, 05:15 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                   It's 0* here on my hill. ::)
                   I'm running late this morning I have an early therapy appointment.
                   Ice is being made this morning.

IW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.