Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 232175 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #3690 on: Nov 30, 2023, 09:10 PM »
 Good evening , warmer today with a high in the upper forties. I need to check the forecast believe rain coming tomorrow and into the weekend . I see the concern over Salmonella contamination in cantaloupes has spread to fresh fruit products that contain cantaloupe .you can find the latest recall list on the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's website. if you purchase a fresh fruit product earlier this fall and froze it for future use check the ingredients if it contains cantaloupe do not consume if the item is on recall list. Freezing does not kil the bacteria. . this maybe local but workers at the Amazon warehouse in my area staged a practice strile. They are upset with working conditions and wages. If this is a nationwide problem a actual strike will delay delivery of products affecting your Christmas shopping.Drifter thank you for the video link does et one excited for this ice fishing season. I assumelakes in the greater Yellow Knife area continue to build in ice thickness and a trip to your cabin may soon be possible ove the ice roads.
ice Wanderer good to read your therapy session was another good one for you. Glad after replacing the spark plug your 4 wheeler is running and ready for Winter use on the ice and clearing snow if you have a plow blade for it .
Hunts2long thank you for the mooon rise photo. good to hear you are seeing deer during your hunts may a buck get as close to you as the doe and present a chance for a shot and harvest. i did a google check the correct website to find gas stations in the U.S. selling ethanol free gas is Pure-gas-org. i was right and stewarts sells ethanol free gasoline at 91 octane.
Icefisher-45 sorry to hear you and the wife are still dealing with health issues. Prayer said for the two of you. i hope you can get in a couple ice fishing trips this season.
Old Goat may you geta chance to visit the lake containing Lake trout this winter and catch one through the ice . I hope your mom is doing well and enjoyed her thanksgiving visit with you and the family .
wallyworld yes the wrmer temperatures today melted the ice and it appears the water coming from neighboring property has stopped.  This issue has been happening for a few years whenever we receive a good rainfall the new building at neighboring Fire house may not help the problem with paved surfae around it. Personally i think there is an underground stream as the water comes out of the ground in one spot and flow to the storm drain rather then on top of the ground.
IFF thank you for the info. on water supply lines at your farm .May heat tape and possibly more insulation prevent problems with the lines supplyng mobile home . Sounds like the ground blind is set up in correct spot now to get some of those bucks active during saylight hours.
Fish/hunt4ever zipper to the waist is a nice feature I have one pair of Carhart bibs and a pair of rain pants with such zipper much easier to get on and off with that style of zipper . have you tried wearing wicking liner socks under wool blend socks when wearing your boots may help with the moistue problem. Also as i posted if possible do not put on the boats until you arrive at the lake .
OldSailor glad you have found a solution to possible ethanol gasoline related problems in small gas engines.

Here is a link to the Pure Gas website   Https://www.Pure-gas-org once on the site look for your state place mouse cursor on it and left click will open state page. then scroll through the listing of towns/villages hopefully one close to you. The website lists station name and location  plus octane rating for he ethanol free gas . Two  options are to buy premixed 2 cycle engine fuel in proper ratio for your engine. Check for expiration date on containers to avoid problems.
If it is not a long drive for you to a gas station mix your ethanol containing gas with the proper oil ratio in small batches of one gallon or less. There is a syringe type device called the Mix-Mizer sold in Auto dept. of Walmart's and elsewhere it looks like the device used to inject marinades into meat  but has a plastic hose instead of needle point. There is metric and standard marking to mix gas and oil by the liter and fractions of a liter also for quart and pints . The marking are for several different fuel-oil blend I believe from 24 to 1 up to 50 to 1 . Making small batches allows you to have fresh gasoline and hopefully consume the mixture quickly preventing Ethanol related fuel problems.  If you do a search here on ice Shanty you should find a few threads on this subject from years back when gas powered augers were still heavily used to cut holes.

May everyone have a good Friday. best to all fishing and hunting.
  Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #3691 on: Dec 01, 2023, 04:26 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 28* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                          Bud............Another layer of insulation might help under the trailer. :blink:
                          Wally..........We have about 4" of snow on the ground with a hard crust that doesn't break through when walking on it. :whistle:
                          I-45...........I'm sorry to hear that you were down with an illness. :%$#!: I hope you are feeling a little better. :unsure:
                          H2l............Patienc e, that buck will come out.  :flex:
                          Steve.........I'm afraid to look at the recall list, it would scare me to see what's on it. :cookoo:
                          OS.............That's good that SeaFoam does the trick for you. :thumbsup: I have it and always put some in my gas cans when I fill them. :flex:
                          OG.............Hopeful ly the weather will change a bring you some good ice making temperatures  :flex:
                          Marv .........How is the puttering going? ???
                          Eddie.........I have you and your family in my prayers that the Covid is just a mild case. :unsure:
                          Yesterday I was supposed to help my friend hang some sliding doors but he hadn't stained the frames so he did that yesterday so this morning
               we will attempt that.
                          I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3692 on: Dec 01, 2023, 06:13 AM »
34* and clear.

Mr. C, I am going to try to run the gas out of it, get some Non-ethanol and Sea Foam and give it a try. Thanks!

Saw no deer yesterday, Am or Pm. Going to hunt a little later and see if there is any movement before the rain moves in.

Have a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3693 on: Dec 01, 2023, 07:39 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....keeping fingers crossed  ;)

IW.....hope the door hanging goes well  :flex:

IFF.....having lived in a mobile home in upstate NY I understand frozen water lines all too well  ::)

WS.....safe travels to the shack tomorrow  :)

Eddie.....keeping you and the family in my prayers  ;)

Pretty much all our snow is gone this morning  :thumbsup:  now some rain headed this way for a couple days  ::)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3694 on: Dec 01, 2023, 09:49 AM »
WS….I think you were talking about these the other day

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3695 on: Dec 01, 2023, 12:35 PM »
Well that worked out for me. 4pt hanging...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3696 on: Dec 01, 2023, 12:48 PM »

:clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Congratulations!! h2l

WS

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3697 on: Dec 01, 2023, 01:01 PM »
WooHoo Congrats

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #3698 on: Dec 01, 2023, 02:10 PM »
WAY TO GO h2l!!! :woot: :thumbsup: ;)2 :bow:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3699 on: Dec 01, 2023, 02:13 PM »

I feel pretty lucky. I am sure everyone on here sure helped the "old" guy do it. Told the wife when I left the house "today" would be my last day to hunt this year with the rain coming in. Got sat down at 10 and got him at 10:45....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3700 on: Dec 01, 2023, 02:16 PM »
Congratulations H2L 👍👍✌️✌️
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3701 on: Dec 01, 2023, 03:09 PM »
Congratulations Hunts2long
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3702 on: Dec 01, 2023, 04:13 PM »
Nice work H2L, congrats!

Offline Splattypus

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3703 on: Dec 01, 2023, 07:49 PM »
Nice looking deer, sure to be delicious.

Whew what a week. Just shy of 50 hours, and unfortunately that's the norm. Can't wait for the dead of winter and hopefully slow things down a bit.

Took my lunch overlooking some Backwater bays of Minnetonka the other day, ice is trying, but it's slow going. Cole just won't quite get all the way here.

Makeup Thanksgiving this weekend now that the MIL is over covid. Excited for the food for sure. And in a little better heads pace for a big family gathering this weekend, so we'll all survive I believe.

Everyone take care of yourselves. Lots of flu, covid, all kinds of nasty stuff going around right now. Isolating in a private hut in the middle of a lake is your best defense right now if you can manage it
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #3704 on: Dec 01, 2023, 09:11 PM »
Good evening, period of rain here earlier this evening outside temperature now in the upper thirties. I see in the past few days former Secretay of State Henry Kissinger and Former U.S. Supreme Court justice Sandra Day O'connor have both died .
ice Wanderer may the sliding door install have been problem free today and you shoulder not be in to much discomfort after helping with the job.
Hunts2long congratulations on harvesting a buck today  :clap: :thumbsup: were hunting at the orchard or your normal stand location. glad that i could be of some help may the non-ethanol gas and Sea Foam have the snow blower running and ready for service. Three news items that maybe of interest to you the paving work on the section of thruway between Tuxedo area and Suffern has been completed. Also next month thruway tolls increase, Plus sometime in 2024 the congestion fee for driving in certain sections of Manhattan will be Fifteen dollars for a passenger car. Like it does not cost you enough already to make the visits to your wife's NYC doctors .
Wallyworld i see you have started on the Christmas baking the cookies look great .
Splattypus may things slow down as you expect at your workplace during the middle of Winter giving you time to ice fish. You and the family have a good belated Thanksgiving celebration this weekend.

Have a good and safe weekend .best to all fishing and hunting.
  Steve

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3705 on: Dec 01, 2023, 09:46 PM »
Winner, winner, Bambie dinner!!!  ;D

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3706 on: Dec 02, 2023, 03:38 AM »
Good morning, everyone :bow:

16 degrees, should crack 34 by the afternoon. If the guessers are right, a lot of the ice on the area lakes will probably be about gone by the end of next week. Hints of mid to upper 40's by weeks end :%$#!: I was going to bring my spear into the house for throwing practice but that's on hold.

IW...The puttering is going great Lol I actually just got in from the garage. I went out about 10pm and before I knew it the clock said 3am ???

WW...Yep, those were the cookies I was talking about :roflmao:

h2l...Again, Congrats on a dandy buck. Liver and onions on the menu today? I am sure you have mentioned it over the years, what rifle do you take to the woods?

Eddie...Continued prayers for you and your wife, hope the Covid remained mild.

I have the truck loaded with odds and ends to take to the shack. We will take off in about 3 hours. Today we are going to make a big loop in our travels. First, we are going to hit a Christmas Tree farm that we have gone to for the last few years. Usually what it amounts to is drop the girls off on one end and drive along until they start hollering and waving for me to bring the saw, then cut it, drag it out and load it up. Then we are stopping at our favorite butcher shop to buy some gift cards and find a 20-ounce porterhouse to gnaw on tomorrow.

Then we are off to the shack. Back by my main bow stand there are trees down all over. Nothing big but it's getting hard to get the 4wheeler around for dragging deer out. Also, there's 4-5 dead trees close to my stand that I was watching during hunting season. On a few of the windy days I had concerns of them falling and hitting me or my stand, so I want to knock them down on my terms. I hope to make a couple of big piles and get it cleaned up some. As soon as we get 5"-6" of snow we will go back and burn. There is also a deer trail I want to follow (time permitting) for a potential alternate stand at some point.

Finally, we will stop at my sisters on the way home. A couple of the big stores had baking supply sales last week and my wife picked her up a bunch of goods that we need to drop off. My sister has 4-5 organizations she helps with for bake sales and such and gave my wife a list of things she was either short on or needed to get restock. Of course, she will have a short list of things for me to do while I am there, so the day should be pretty chocked full.

I hope everyone has a good Saturday :thumbsup: Best of luck to those still hunting and anyone finding ice to walk on. Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #3707 on: Dec 02, 2023, 04:49 AM »

Good morning Marv, ER's,
                              It's 30* and foggy here on my hill. ::)
                              H2l............Congrat ulations on a fine looking deer. :clap: :bow: Persistence paid off. :thumbsup: I hope the non-ethanol gas and seafoam works. :whistle:
                              Marv..........That's a busy trip you have planned for yourself to "The Shack" :blink:
                              Wally..........Those cookies look delicious. :thumbsup: I too lived in a mobile home when I was building my house and all the pipes had been
                   rerouted up inside the living space. :whistle:
                              Splatty........What kind of work do you do?  ??? Enjoy your Thanksgiving. :clap:
                              Steve..........I remember something about when they built the Thruway the tolls were supposed to be removed sometime in the late 90's, What
                   happened to that. :%$#!:
                              Eddie...........I hope everyone in your family who have contracted Covid have been coping with no serious side effects. :flex:
                              Yesterday sliding door installation went fairly well. My friend didn't check what the rough opening should have been and we had to cut a inch and
                   quarter off the bottom of the door. We are going to do the other one today. Then on Monday we will do a Bifold door.
                              I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy. 

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #3708 on: Dec 02, 2023, 05:32 AM »
Good Morning Marv, Morning Everyone,
  37* and dead calm on the Hill this am, high of 50 today….

H2….. :clap: :bow:  CONGRATULATIONS!! What a great way to finish out…awesome Job!!! Thank you for letting us tag along again…Welcome to December!  :clap: :bow:
  Jeff…ughh,  that sucks on having to cut the door! Things happen..or sometimes forget to happen right?  ;D  Good luck with todays project!   :thumbsup:
  Marv…many thanks and have a safe day on the road and with the saws today.busy day ahead of you, hope everything goes smoothly!  :thumbsup:
  Dave…excellent video, looking forward to Part 2!!  :clap:  Hope the ice is building and all is well up in the Great North!   :thumbsup:
  Steve…weather here yesterday was fairly mild, rain in the afternoon/early evening put a hurting on the recent snow. Today should wipeout the remainder.
  Wally…thank you, another fine looking batch of cookies coming from the bakery!  :clap:  Best of luck continued for Mr.WW. :thumbsup:
  Splatty…great news on your MIL, enjoy the long awaited Thanksgiving dinner with your family!  :clap: 
  OS/OG/I-45…hope you fellas are doing well… :thumbsup:
  Bud…good luck with the bow hunting!   :thumbsup:

Many thanks to everyone for the kind words, thoughts and prayers….we’re getting there! Some lingering symptoms still going on at the moment, but believe the worst is behind us now.   :thumbsup:
  Just another day of taking it easy here again….Cawfee’s on!
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3709 on: Dec 02, 2023, 06:26 AM »
Morning all,

WS......sounds like a full day for sure, be safe ;)

Eddie.....glad to hear you're all on the mend now, lots of fluids and plenty of rest  ;)2

IW.....glad the little hiccup was fixable, best of luck with the remaining work  :flex:

H2L.....congrats once again  :thumbsup:

Another mild wet day on tap, no ice making around here  ::)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3710 on: Dec 02, 2023, 07:06 AM »
37* and cloudy.

Thanks again for tagging along on my hunts.

WS, I am hunting with a Remington 742 Woodsmaster .308. I bought new in 1959 for $149. She has kept me company in the woods since. My Dad used it while I was in the Navy ('61/'64). I have never shot a doe with it, can't say that about my Dad. Liver and heart to my brother for helping me out.

When I left the house yesterday I knew I was going to set at one of 2 spots but wanted to get up there first. Got out of the Jeep just before 9:30 and the wind was right for either so started "slowly" going into the woods. I got to the first spot and was looking around when I saw a deer walking away from me in some blow downs. This blow down is about 25 yds from the other spot where I may have sat. I watched it until I couldn't see it anymore but I knew it hadn't been spooked, so I got set up in my 1st spot knowing there were deer in the area. At about 10:30 I saw a deer walking quite aways out from me. I waited until I couldn't see it any more and "hit" the doe bleat can twice. Within just a few minutes this buck came busting from the area of the blow downs, right at me. As he passed in front of me I shot and "missed", I went "blat" and he stopped about 35/40 yards from me. There was a doe with him. Sometimes it all comes together. Ate my apple and went and got my brother and the tractor. Both my brother and nephew believe it is a 2 1/2 year old.

Mr. C, I was hunting in my normal spot!

Hope everyone has a good day and be well....h2l

Northville, NY

Offline Splattypus

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3711 on: Dec 02, 2023, 09:15 AM »
Ice Wanderer, I work in tree care. Split duties between fleet manager and equipment operator. People are amazed that we work througthwinter. Yeah, snowfall like last year makes it harder, and we occasionally miss a day here or there for cold or the weather, but we primarily work in the metro area so roads are usually good. And there's plenty of work. The frozen ground can sometimes make jobs easier, like when you want to drive big trucks all over someone's lawn. Honestly daylight is the biggest factor in the workload over winter. Please nobody tell my boss that you can install flood lights on trucks.

We've been steadily growing every year, got a pretty sizeable fleet of pretty nice equipment, and a good staff of folk how are crazy enough to happily bundle up and go climb trees when it's 10 degrees outside
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work.

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3712 on: Dec 02, 2023, 04:08 PM »
Splatty….sounds like you and Whopper Stopper have a couple things in common  ;D

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3713 on: Dec 02, 2023, 07:35 PM »
Well the end of the week went well at work. Swim meet weekend. The kids did good, the boy has a cold so he went a little slower. The daughter did well. I am now getting the runny nose and all but hopefully will pass quickly. One more event for the boy tomorrow and then maybe some pheasant hunting. Heard the ice at one location is 4 to 6 inches with the small lake around 3 to 4 inches. Not to bad since last Saturday it was just starting to build ice. Working on snow plow for the SxS. Talked to the guys I bought it from and they said they would give credit towards an enclosure for it if the doors were still in good condition will see what they say here in a couple days.

Or might be better tonsee if anyone wants them for a standard cab and then buy the enclosure I have been looking at, just have to see what the dealership comes up with.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #3714 on: Dec 02, 2023, 09:24 PM »
Good evening, mild weather here today got up to fifty or slightly higher. weather guessers had called for afternoon/evening rain so far still dry outside. I took advantage of the nice weather and made the trip to cemetery in Paramus,NJ. to decorate graves . Good number of people there doing similar. Thankfully light traffic on trip down and back did not take longer route to get there or back home.
Drifter may all be good with you, have any of the ice roads opened yet for larger vehicle traffic .
Whopper Stopper may you and the "Girls" travels today have been problem free. hopefully it did not take them to long to find a tree did the farm allow you to use your chainsaw to cut it down or just the bow saws most places have for customers to use to cut down a tree. Sounds like you have plenty of work to do at the shack. May your sister's to do list not have been to long.
Ice Wanderer my father told me the same about thruway tolls ending. I assume a combination of things have kept it a toll road system .glad with some modification you got the one sliding glass door installed. may todays installation have gone well for the two of you.
Eddie good to read you and other family members are getting over the Covid my the lingering symptoms disappear. the past two days have been pleasant here eventually colder weather will arrive in the Mid-Hudson river valley .
Wallyworld assume you did more baking today.
Hunts2long thank you for answering my question as to which area you were hunting. Nice you still have a rifle that you purchased in 1959 and both you and your father used for deer hunting. I assume numerous deer have been harvested with that rifle over the years .
Splattypus as Wallyworld posted chance you and Whopper Stopper may have met as he used to work for a tree service and now does smaller jobs he can handle alone or with limited help . May everyone enjoy the Thanksgiving celebration this weekend.
Fish/hunt4ever may your son have a good time in his event tomorrow. best to all of you with any pheasant hunting . may you get the plow blade attached to the SXS with no problems .

Have a good Sunday. Best to all fishing and hunting .
   Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3715 on: Dec 02, 2023, 10:15 PM »
Good evening

H2. I was going to ask what you thought the hanging weight on your buck. Nice one BTW.   One thing for sure prices on 742’s like every thing else sure have changed

Finally got the FedEx delivery I’ve been waiting for so thinking I will be on my way to farm some time tomorrow. Neighbor tells me he has another tree I can use for firewood so will be checking on that before heading back to Missouri

Good day to all

Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3716 on: Dec 03, 2023, 04:29 AM »
Good morning, everyone :bow:

31 degrees, may see upper 30's by the late afternoon.

h2l...Nice story! I had a Remington 742 in 30-06 for a few years. One of those that I should have kept but sold to a buddy that was looking for deer rifle.

Splatty...Greetings from a mostly worn-out fellow "Tree Rat".

mr.clean...The place we go has a rule posted about bow saws only. They have never had a problem with me using my own climbing saw. The only problem I have had is a couple of times before I got out of there 4-5 people wanted me to cut their trees down. Yesterday we actually had our tree and were gone 15 minutes before the place was even supposed to be open. They were expecting yesterday to be the biggest day of the year for Christmas Trees so they were on site early.

WW...Is Mr.WW getting the itch to return to the woods yet ???

Yesterday's trip went well. The girls wasted no time picking out a Fraser Fir tree. We usually get that variety as they seem more heat tolerant when sharing the same room as our woodstove. We accomplished everything I had wanted to get done at the shack. We ended up with 2 big brush piles while my wife spent her time blowing leaves. My sister ended up not having much on her list so that was good. My s-i-l had bird feeder detail, so I helped her with that. My sisters neighbor stopped in while we were there. When he saw me asked if I would give him a bid on a tree that overhangs his hunting cabin. I told him I would in the Spring but that I am closed for the season Lol.

Not a lot on the planner today other than my grilled Porterhouse.

Hope everyone has a nice Sunday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #3717 on: Dec 03, 2023, 04:42 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                       It's 29* and foggy here on my hill. ::)
                       Bud............Your like a song that Ricky Nelson sang "Traveling Man" Safe travels. :woot:
                       Marv...........I hope your trip was a good trip and you got it all accomplished. :unsure:
                       Eddie..........It's good to hear everyone is coping and they're getting better. :thumbsup:
                       Splatty........Like it's been said Whopper Stopper did  and still does what you do, he retired from a company but has a lot of customers that he has on
             his own. He gets to pick and choose which job he wants to do. :whistle:
                       H2l.............Thank you for taking along with on your hunts. Again congratulations. :thumbsup: :clap:
                       Steve..........This warm up is screwing up my driveway, I had my base for my snow blower, now I have ruts. :%$#!:
                       Wally...........I hope Mr.WW scores before the end of the season. :blink: How many different kinds of cookies do you bake? ???
                       Fish.............If the dealer can't come up with some doors, maybe there is a fabrication shop in your area could make something up for you. :unsure:
                       Things went bad a the cabin yesterday, after I left he took the doors off the track to urethane the bottom of the cut doors and in doing so by himself
             he tweaked the track. We couldn't get the doors to stay in the track when we put them back on. So we had to make a trip to Home Depot for a new track.
             Then we tackled the sliding door downstairs.
                       Today we're taking the day off, it's football  Sunday.
                       I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #3718 on: Dec 03, 2023, 05:30 AM »
Good Morning Marv, Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Cloudy and 39*, rain arriving soon for the day, high of 41.

Jeff…Glad you were able to get the doors back on “ track “…things happen, Doh!  ;D  :clap:  Enjoy the R & R today…looks like you’re going to more snow again.
  Marv…glad you had a good day all around yesterday! Enjoy the easy day ahead and most importantly….that Porterhouse steak!  ;D  :clap:
  Bud…safe travels back to the farm today!   :thumbsup:
  Steve…very nice you were able to make the trip to decorate the gravesites.  :thumbsup:  The milder temps we’ve been seeing here lately have been welcomed. I don’t mind the cold, just keeping the fingers crossed the snow accumulations stay on the low end for awhile.
  FH4…good luck to the swimmers and with the S x S. Nice to read you have some early ice that’s ready to go!   :thumbsup:
  Wally…looking like a great day for baking Christmas treats!   :thumbsup: 
  Splatty…hope the Thanksgiving dinner was extra special this year…. :thumbsup:
  H2…thanks for sharing the history of your rifle…that’s awesome! Hope your good luck is still hanging on for the lanes this evening!  :clap:
  Dom…looks like some measurable snow heading your way again, hopefully not too much.

Not much to share again this am, just plugging along and taking er’ easy again today….Cawfee’s on!
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3719 on: Dec 03, 2023, 05:56 AM »
38* and rain on the way.

IFF, we didn't weight it but we all figured around 140.

WS, I believe we all have "sold or traded" a gun that we now wished we still had. I was never much of a trader and not really much of a gun collector. I know I have a Marlin 39a .22 that my nephew really wants real bad. If he stays off HIS land that he lets ONLY me hunt, you never know. He does hunt the back of his land where it borders the state land and has talked about building a couple blinds to hunt out of.

We skinned and quartered up my deer yesterday. I have to freezer wrap the loins and backstraps today. The rest of it is in a refrigerator "aging".

Eddie, have the boys gotten out much this year? Hope you are doing well....h2l
Northville, NY

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.