New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095945 times)

Offline kbaez

• Team IceShanty Regular
Fished up in Sullivan county today did ok early then the bite turned off followed by an onslaught of 10” pickerel late afternoon managed 17 nice perch 3 jumbos 8 pickerel over 20” and a nice catfish

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Ice Wine thank you for the report on White Lake and Toronto ice conditions.
LetItBePike good to read you found ice you are comfortable fishing on at Superior and caught at least one fish. I wish ice conditions were better here in Orange county and you did not have to travel so far from Queens to ice fish.
Kbaez congratulations to you and your partner on a good day of fishing. :clap:

Steve

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
Anybody know if the Barryville Sportsman is still in business and selling bait? the phone number is disconnected and I'm also looking for ice reports for the Eldred area. Thanks, Lou.  ;D
Unfortunately they closed very sad

Offline tipup28

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~ Gino Alessandro

Offline beachwoods 16

• Team IceShanty Addict
Boy some nice fish Tip up and Kabaez. Got out yesterday had a couple good bites thats it. Been real busy with work but with a chance to breathe might do an overnight on Whit Lake or B.P. Hope you all have a good day!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Tipup28 congratulations to you and I'm assuming your father on your catch. Nice looking fish are they salmon or brown trout I saw your post in the Southern Albany-Greene counties reports&conditions thread asking other about Colgate lake. I know one or two lakes in Greene county have salmon among their fish species so guessing you may have gotten out on Colgate.

Steve

Offline kbaez

• Team IceShanty Regular
Fished superior this morning the bite terrible compared to the past couple of days  managed a few perch and gills but really had to work for then

Offline iceman99

• Team IceShanty Regular
what shape is the ice in? thickness?

Offline tipup28

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~ Gino Alessandro
Thanks Steve, that's my friend Chris. Greens Lake in Athens has kokanee salmon I believe.

Offline Matt_Perch

• IceShanty Rookie
Probably unlikely that there would be any fishable ice there this year but is swinging bridge in any decent shape?

Offline kbaez

• Team IceShanty Regular
Fished superior again today slow bite but managed 17 yellow and 4 pickerel and a few gills warm weather had the lake edge week with open water spot around the edge seen a few guys come down the boat ramp and check it out none of them walked out from the launch so I'm assuming week ice down that end of the lake be safe anyone looking to find ice during the week

Offline kbaez

• Team IceShanty Regular
Has anyone ever caught any bass in superior me and Dave327 fished it many times over the last few years and neither of us recall ever catching any bass at all. Not targeting them just always a by catch

Offline NYBasser

• Team IceShanty Regular
Yeah theres a couple bass in superior. More pickerel than bass though

Offline bowski76

• Team IceShanty Regular
We fished Superior out from the boat launch on Saturday.
There were a lot of guys out, but they were close to the shore.
There was a dusting on top of the ice, we followed the footprints and there was only 2 1/2" - 3" of ice. We were told the north end has 4" - 5" of ice.

We did pretty well on the perch, also caught 10-11 pickerel, all small.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Good evening,Tipup28 my apologies to your friend Chris taking a quick look at the photos thought it was your father I know you do some fishing trips with him.
Kbaez,Bowski79 thank you for your reports on Lake Superior.

Does anyone have information on this year's Mahogany Ride hunting-fishing club contest held on Highland Lake in Sullivan County. Going by prior years believe this year's contest should be on Sat. Feb.15TH.

Steve

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
FEB 15
Annual Cabin Fever Killer Ice Fishing Tournament
Public · Hosted by Mahogany Ridge Hunting & Fishing Club
Come join us for our annual ice fishing tournament! Fingers crossed for good ice! Share with your fellow fishing friends! 👍🏻🎉
6am - 2pm
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Hardwaterdiehard thank you for the info. on the Mahogany Ridge hunting-fishing club contest. I found similar info thought someone might have more details will have to keep checking the club's Face book page they might post more details as the contest date gets closer.
 Steve

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline bigace

• Team IceShanty Regular
Has anybody fished north/south lake? Was wondering if there is still safe ice up there!

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Offline tipup28

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~ Gino Alessandro
Found some local ice last few days on a shallow pond, 9 chain picks and a ccat, fun to chase some flags but it's iffy now, wouldn't push it until next cool down, if you do go out don't go without a spud.

Offline Glenmere

• IceShanty Rookie
Hi TipUp,
Any receny report on Greens Lake or Colgate.
Thanks

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Hurleyville contest is cancelled

From FB post
We decided to cancel the due to the rain we now have thin ice. Thanks for your support.

Looks like the Morningside contest is still on for this weekend ..

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10162869517130531&set=a.10161483742835531&type=3&theater

http://www.hurleyvilleny.com/hfdicefish20.jpg

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
Unfortunately I called it for the local scene about a month ago and have been heading north, crapty year boys might be it for me locally no more incredibly cold insight after this long term never looked good

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
I never really had an opportunity to get out locally this season, and I just did not have the time to make a trip up north.

I never even took my ice gear out of the attic.

At least I will get out on the kayak early this year, Ice out should come early
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
I never really had an opportunity to get out locally this season, and I just did not have the time to make a trip up north.

I never even took my ice gear out of the attic.
At least I will get out on the kayak early this year, Ice out should come early
Very sorry to hear that, can get out in Yak now if you probe around n have a dry suite

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Good evening ,Hardwater diehard thank you for posting info. on the Hurleyville FD contest at Morniningside Lake you have saved me a phone call .
Tipup28 congratulations on your catch.
 Steve

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
Very sorry to hear that, can get out in Yak now if you probe around n have a dry suite

Count on it.   LOL!!!
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline bowski76

• Team IceShanty Regular
I know I'm being optimistic, but the 10 day weather forecast is Sullivan County is looking pretty good.
It ain't over!!!

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
I know I'm being optimistic, but the 10 day weather forecast is Sullivan County is looking pretty good.
It ain't over!!!
Ten day don’t look that good idk what forecast your looking at good to be optimistic but we usually have ice out late February every year lately if you can’t remember once thaw starts it’s hard to reverse be safe out there

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.