New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1096025 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Evening, Perch Assasin thank you for the information is there a place to park by the trail. I do not want any trouble with law enforcement.
Beachwoods16 thanks for checking White Lake state access and report on Lake Huntington. congrats on the pickerel good length to both fish.
Gamalot I also think Cliff Lake access is closed in Winter over concern of getting an ambulance into the parking area should one be needed for some emergency. Nice to know there is a chance of catching a lake trout at White Lake. I knew about the hybrid stripped bass being stocked in Swinging Bridge but did not know tiger muskies had also been stocked at one time. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and stories of Sullivan county with all of us.

Steve

Offline perch assasin

• IceShanty Rookie
  • jig em' up
as far as i know you can park along the street we've been doing it for a long time and i've never heard of anyone having any problems

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
State access at White Lake is clean. Didn't go on ice. Fished Lake Huntington this afternoon. Good shore ice and 8-10 inches around launch. Marked a few fish and jigged two 20" plus Pickeral  I put back.

Is the parking lot plowed at Lake Huntinfton? Thanks for the Lake access updates.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline beachwoods 16

• Team IceShanty Addict

Is the parking lot plowed at Lake Huntinfton? Thanks for the Lake access updates.
Yes Lake huntington lot is fine.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Yes Lake huntington lot is fine.

Thanks ..going to hit that up mid week.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Nycgirl38

• IceShanty Rookie
Any updates on ice conditions for Westchester/Putnam ?

Offline egriffin70

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ed
Any updates on ice conditions for Westchester/Putnam ?

Edges shot on Sodom and many other reservoirs.  Bring a plank , u may get on this weekend.

Offline tipup28

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~ Gino Alessandro
Could not get on Chodikee.

Offline kbaez

• Team IceShanty Regular
where is public access for white lake and and California hill state park in Putnam

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Kbaez due you mean White Pond in Putnam county or are you talking about White Lake in Sullivan County.  The state access for White pond is on Farmer Mills road by the dam end of the pond. I believe Farmer Mills road connects to Route 52 on one end and route 303 on the end by state access. Many years since I have been to White Pond. You may want to try Google Maps or similar website. The state access for White lake in Sulivan county is on lake street just off of route 55 by the Kaneongua lake fire station. Even if that access is plowed you might get stuck if the ground is icey since you drive down hill into the parking area. I suggest going with friends if needed park in street unload you gear one person stay with it  get back on route 55 headed for Swan Lake,NY. just past the Fire station and Town of Bethel justice court building on your right is a large municipal parking lot. Park your vehicle and walk back to your buddy.buddies. Sorry but I have no knowledge of  California Hill park.

Just for everyone's notice as of 2:30 PM on Friday Jan.24TH  the Swan Lake Fire Dept. ice fishing contest was still a go for this Sunday the 27TH. Registration starts at 6AM and fish weigh in ends at 3 PM sharp. You can find entry fees for adult and youth plus other info. in the Ice fishing derbies and contests thread found near top of NY. General Forum/board scroll down to reply number 8 and click to enlarge photo of contest info.

To all fishing tomorrow stay alert for black ice on road ways in the morning and late afternoon . You may find a light crust of ice with a layer of slush/water under it before getting to layer of frozen snow/ice(white ice with black ice underneath before hitting water when drilling your holes. If there is any slush on ice surface moving around will be difficult . safe travels and good fishing to all .

May those of you headed to the Swan Lake contest be among the fish prize or raffle winners.

Steve

Offline Dave327

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hey just a heads up to anyone parking on the side of the road to get onto Superior. I received a ticket from the fine patrolman of the town of Bethel. Ticket was for parking on roadway. Parked as far off the road as I could without plowing thru the snow bank that was created by the plows. Ticket is a $100 fine. I guess if you can get your vehicle entirely off the road you can park there. If any part of your vehicle is on the road you will get ticketed. The fine officer even took pics. (Written on ticket)
There was at least 2 other lucky winners today!
Be careful

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Dave327 sorry to hear you received a ticket thank you for giving all of us here at Ice Shanty a heads up.

Steve

Offline Dave327

• Team IceShanty Regular
Yeah I guess I caught 4 $25 perch today lol. Saw some guys on White Lake today. Is there any public access off of 17B or do you have to park at the boat launch at the other end of the lake.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
I have seen people park on the shoulder of 17B and fish that section of White lake for years after your experience today I would see if you can Park at the BBQ. restaurant or Lighthouse bar-restaurant. If he does not reply to your question send member username of Gamalot a personal message he grew up in and has been fishing Sullivan counties water for 50 years. Glad you at least caught some fish although expensive ones.
Steve

Offline kbaez

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hey just a heads up to anyone parking on the side of the road to get onto Superior. I received a ticket from the fine patrolman of the town of Bethel. Ticket was for parking on roadway. Parked as far off the road as I could without plowing thru the snow bank that was created by the plows. Ticket is a $100 fine. I guess if you can get your vehicle entirely off the road you can park there. If any part of your vehicle is on the road you will get ticketed. The fine officer even took pics. (Written on ticket)
Be careful
. has this always been an issue at superior and ive been lucky to not have received a ticket prior or has this new. did think it was weird when i showed up this morning and there was no other trucks roadside this morning but did t think anything of it since there are no signs stating no parking

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
Be careful

Guessing the parking area wasn't plowed?

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline perch assasin

• IceShanty Rookie
  • jig em' up
Be careful
That sucks like i said i've been parking there for years and have never had any problems maybe this is a new thing like kbaez said there isnt any no parking signs so it should be fine to park there i'm not sure if you've parked there before or not but i apologize if i steered you or anybody else wrong

Offline Dave327

• Team IceShanty Regular
I’m not sure if parking area is plowed. Always came in by Hectors bar and parked by the “trail”.  I’ve parked there for years without issue. Never gave the parking lot a thought, but I will be checking the lot tomorrow am for sure.

Offline fishoninct

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fishon and often. Leave no trace.
Found 6” at Diverting Reservoir. Only saw yellows being caught, most of them 6” too. About 10 groups out. Edges mostly fine. Fishing quite slowwww.
If you can't play nice, get off the ice!

Offline alexg425

• IceShanty Rookie
Spent all day jigging at Boyds Corner Reservoir, was solid 7-8 inches white ice everywhere, edges safe.  Tried on dropoffs, bays, off points, a few marks following but no luck.  A few others were out there with tip ups but i didn't see much going on

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
anyone check out SWB yet? Probably not safe but just wondering how its shaping up.

Offline kbaez

• Team IceShanty Regular
anyone check or fish Cromwell in monroe  yet looking to hit some ice closer to home during the week after work

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
anyone check or fish Cromwell in monroe yet

Thought that was private?

Offline kbaez

• Team IceShanty Regular
been fishing it last few years never had and issue first time ive herd it was private

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
been fishing it last few years never had and issue first time ive herd it was private

Any luck? I'm about 20 minutes from there might have to give it a shot

Offline kbaez

• Team IceShanty Regular
done decently good sized perch and crappie very few slime darts I've seen iced there

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
done decently good sized perch and crappie very few slime darts I've seen iced there

Hmm if its relatively deep then its probably not ready or lost some today. Looks pretty secluded so wind shouldn't be a issue.... I fished a spot this morning that usually is my first place with safe ice down here to fish and the ice was cracking as I was walking off at 10am while other parts still had 8."

Offline tipup28

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~ Gino Alessandro
Got sprayed by the skunk real bad today on Upton, lucky for Dave he escaped with a last-minute yellow perch! Not a flag and didn't mark a fish all day.  7" ice but geese have the left side back bay open.

Offline Ice Wine

• Team IceShanty Regular
anyone check out SWB yet? Probably not safe but just wondering how its shaping up.

I fished it Saturday and then tried again Sunday but couldn't get on. The edges are really funky, it is still dropping from all that rain. Beyond the edge there is 7 inches of ice.

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Fished Toronto yesterday. 6 inches solid ice and edges are solid but highly slopped because of water level drop. 3 guys, 15 tip up and 3 jigging and we got only one smallie all day long. Dead sea for sure but good to finally get out on safe ice. I stopped by a small local pond where a couple guys were fishing and doing great with the slime darts and had one close to 24 inches and flags all day with most fish around 12-15 inches. I was just shooting the breeze while they fished but pond ice was 8 inches.

Gam
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.