New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095912 times)

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Thanks Gamalot

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline beachwoods 16

• Team IceShanty Addict
Holy smokes that's some crappie :tipup:

Offline MoneyPit

• IceShanty Rookie
Heading out tomorrow but taking the boat not the auger!!
]http://i63.tinypic.com/k31y4w.png[/ img ]

Offline pondbass9787

• IceShanty Rookie
Money pit, where ya headed with open water? I went around and looked at a bunch of ponds and lakes and most only had partial open water. Good luck to al the guys fishing, not sure if Sullivan lakes are holding up, so I'll take some open water if it's close. Anyone else see any lakes open?

Offline Dave327

• Team IceShanty Regular
I'm so excited :o this is my 100Th post. It has only taken me since December 2009 to become a regular. Wow do I feel honored ;) ;D :tipup:.
Well I think I'll be staying home tomorrow, unless someone has some encouraging news about some lakes in Sullivan.

Offline Travis Rage

• IceShanty Rookie
Heard some creeks are open and clear!

Offline NYBasser

• Team IceShanty Regular
Open water down here on Long Island :)

Offline CatskillsFisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
Anyone on the ice today? I know a lake that I'm sure has enough ice but just wondering how much water might be on top.

Offline MoneyPit

• IceShanty Rookie
Going down to lower orange idk if the lake will be open but I assume it will be. If not then It will be back to the house to switch gear and make a 3 hr trip up north to possibly good ice...May sound dumb to some of you but I have the fever bad!!!

Offline MarkBJ3

• IceShanty Rookie
Money pit, if your headed for Walton, should be clear of ice. Very little left at both ends Friday. Anyone heading out on the ice tomorrow in Sullivan, BEWARE! Spent the day on Kiamesha, by the time I left at 4:30, the ice was rotten. Ice was starting to honeycomb and very soft. Started the day with 8-7 inches, down to 7-6 and could see blood on the ice from caught fish seeping into ice down into ice about 4 inches.

Offline fishon723

• IceShanty Rookie
Fished Big Pond today and I am going to try Lake Waneta tomorrow. That will be it in NY until ice tightens up again. Heading to Minnesota Thursday 20 inches of ice there.

Offline MoneyPit

• IceShanty Rookie
Money pit, if your headed for Walton, should be clear of ice. Very little left at both ends Friday. Anyone heading out on the ice tomorrow in Sullivan, BEWARE! Spent the day on Kiamesha, by the time I left at 4:30, the ice was rotten. Ice was starting to honeycomb and very soft. Started the day with 8-7 inches, down to 7-6 and could see blood on the ice from caught fish seeping into ice down into ice about 4 inches.
Thanks for the heads up

Offline BlueSail

• Team IceShanty Regular
Although I saw a quad on ice earlier (Mr. hardwater diehard I believe), I decided I'd walk in the dark last night.
Headed out to deeper section of Sullivan Co lake, shoreline good, 5-6 inches ice still (was seven inches 24 hrs previously further down the lake).
4 crappies in fridge (caught on jig with plastic, jig with waxworm, and on tip down with minnow).

Plan to head out again this AM, need to get some perch so we can celebrate the NE Patriots this eve...Go Pats!

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Although I saw a quad on ice earlier (Mr. hardwater diehard I believe), I decided I'd walk in the dark last night.
Headed out to deeper section of Sullivan Co lake, shoreline good, 5-6 inches ice still (was seven inches 24 hrs previously further down the lake).
4 crappies in fridge (caught on jig with plastic, jig with waxworm, and on tip down with minnow).

Plan to head out again this AM, need to get some perch so we can celebrate the NE Patriots this eve...Go Pats!

No the ATV wasn't me ...was out in my usual area but more towards the north shore...only thing to show was a 2 foot eel for me on a tip down ...my buddy got a crappie on a tip up....  6-7 inches of ice ...was surprised that it didn't turn into a sloppy mess . Congrats on your successful outing BlueSail ...I left just after dark when the fog rolled in .

Offline kbaez

• Team IceShanty Regular
Caught wind of someone going th run the ice in Harriman despite all the no ice fishing signs and obvious open water. Be save and on top the ice guys

Offline Tightliness

• Team IceShanty Regular
Drove by kiamesha lake and saw 2 people out earlier

Offline bowski76

• Team IceShanty Regular
Fished White Lake on Saturday, measured 8" of solid ice, a guy was running his quad on the south end.
Action was VERY slow for us and for all the guys we spoke to. Lots of guys out, the fog sat on the ice all day.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Well the ice pellets are plinking the windows ...temperatures look to remain at or near 32F ..till Wednesday morning . Winds have been blowing fairly fierce all day  ...dropping the real feel temperatures 10 degrees or more. Winter is making its return.

Offline dinks

• IceShanty Rookie
Just hope nobody drowns..hope folks I gliding del are looking over southern ice for deer if they fall  I into weak ice.they can't climb out either folks keep a look out if you see animals too that may need rescue assistance

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
WOW Dinks, I don't much care how anyone spells or punctuates here but I can't understand half of what you are trying to say. How about proof reading before you hit post just to see if it typed out the way you want it to read.
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Well the winds have stopped ...Ol' Man Winter left about an inch of mix of hail/sleet/ice/snow on the ground ...nothing hanging off/down on  the trees and power lines ...hoping this cool down starts earlier than late Thursday .Would like to be out this weekend .

Offline beachwoods 16

• Team IceShanty Addict
28 tonight and 31 tomorrow night. it's a start

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
You guys have to drive about 2 hours north.... we have 10"+ on most lakes up here..... still waiting for lake George to freeze tho

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline beachwoods 16

• Team IceShanty Addict
Hoping to get up that way in Feb.

Offline joechicago

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ...if it's frozen drill it.
Open water down here on Long Island :)
Good reports of trout at the Conny.
God does not count in man's allotted span, the days spent fishing.

Offline joechicago

• IceShanty Rookie
Someone previously posted a photo from white Lake where an ATV went thru on the south end. Wonder if that's him again.

Offline joechicago

• IceShanty Rookie
Fished White Lake on Saturday, measured 8" of solid ice, a guy was running his quad on the south end.
Action was VERY slow for us and for all the guys we spoke to. Lots of guys out, the fog sat on the ice all day.
forgot to quote.

Offline NYBasser

• Team IceShanty Regular
Good reports of trout at the Conny.

Not too much of a trout fisherman/fly fisherman. Looking to improve my fly casting skills though, what baits/patterns are they catching them on?

Offline dinks

• IceShanty Rookie
WOW Dinks, I don't much care how anyone spells or punctuates here but I can't understand half of what you are trying to say. How about proof reading before you hit post just to see if it typed out the way you want it to read.
lol my fat fingers type on cell phone..I reread it I understand lol..but yeah heard swing is flooded and no access unless you heard or seen it..I'm going  north maybe next weekend if it is ago

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.