New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095811 times)

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Well my prize from a Aqua Vu FB contest arrived today ...I did purchase  a Micro 5 w/DVR last season so this will be an added extra for my buddies to use thanks Aqua Vu.

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Very nice..  Congratulations HD.. :thumbsup: :clap:
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
Nice, Congratulations!
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Well I played some with my Micro camera ...made a telescopic pole from a pool pole for scouting docks and structure ..may even use it on the ice

then I kicked across this video which uses a bobber to float the camera across structure and weed beds etc .

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Pretty cool HD...

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Well its my halfway point between ice fishing seasons ....nights are getting chilly.

Ice Team digital magazine link

https://flipflashpages.uniflip.com/2/69322/355426/pub/html5.html#page/1

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Hardwater Diehard thank you for posting the Ice Team digital magazine link . Do you have any idea if there is a printed version of the magazine and when it will be available for purchase.
Steve

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
Hardwater Diehard thank you for posting the Ice Team digital magazine link . Do you have any idea if there is a printed version of the magazine and when it will be available for purchase.
Steve
Steve....There is and it's FREE!! I ask for it every year to keep in the "reading room"!! Just ask for the 2015-2016 Ice Annual. Here is a link to Ice Team. You might also want to join! You get interesting articles during the season! Just go to 'Contact Us' and ask them to send it. I just got an email from them that my copy is on the way!! 
http://www.iceteam.com/
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Steve

Some past issues digital version .. they come  out throughout the season

http://www.iceteam.com/digital-magazine/

found this also enjoy all

search?query=ice+fishing

some other digital magazines articles

http://www.odumagazine.com/odu-bookshelf/

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Hardwater diehard thank you for the hyperlink to Ice team and the other various links . I maybe showing my age but prefer an actual print magazine that I can hold and read.
Steve

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
Hardwater diehard thank you for the hyperlink to Ice team and the other various links . I maybe showing my age but prefer an actual print magazine that I can hold and read.
Steve
Check reply #8158  ::) Mine's in the mail!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
OldSailor,Hardwater Diehard my thanks once again for the instructions on how to obtain a copy of the 2015-16 Ice Team Annual magazine. When I checked my Emails today there was one from Ice Team/Clam Corp. says a copy of the annual is on its way to me.
Steve

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
OldSailor,Hardwater Diehard my thanks once again for the instructions on how to obtain a copy of the 2015-16 Ice Team Annual magazine. When I checked my Emails today there was one from Ice Team/Clam Corp. says a copy of the annual is on its way to me.
Steve

:thumbsup: ;)2 :icefish:

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
As long as theres 10" of ice before it snows ill be happy happy happy.... but it too early to be worried about ice when there's deer to be killed... Planted the food plot today just before the rain started (idk how i timed that perfect) and got another camera in the woods and just bought a new pair of 10x25 compact binoculars! The new regs are gonna put a swift change in my hunting tactics... Can only shoot a doe the first two weeks of bow guess theres no need to pattern a buck come September... and only antlerless deer come late archery/muzzleloader I love that.... now if I can just get he DEC to make rifle season about a week long (would never happen they would loose too much money) we would have monster racks walking around 3M  :o or at least make it 3 on one side. Wonder if they will give out an extra doe tag for those first 2 weeks. If I counted right I can kill 7 deer this year.... 4 DMPs, 1 with the rifle, another with the muzzle, and 1 with the bow. Oh and have the ability to shoot 2 bears this year since I didn't fill my bear tag last year, early bear season here I come! It would be nice to actually shoot one with the gun instead of with the bow like the 2 I already got. Guess it's a good thing I have a bear on camera coming in once a week (only bad thing is they're a pain in the butt to drag out of the woods). 

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

http://unofficialnetworks.com/2015/08/old-farmers-almanac-predicting-cold-and-snowy-winter-for-2016

The Northeast: Winter will be much colder than normal, with near-normal precipitation and below-normal snowfall. The coldest periods will be in mid- and late December, early and mid-January, and mid- to late February. The snowiest periods will be in mid- to late November, mid- and late December, and early to mid-March.

April and May will be warmer and wetter than normal in the north and much warmer and drier than normal in the south.

Here's to early ice up and limited snow   :flex:

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
Sounds good to me, I like to see a quick 12"of ice and then 3-6" of snow on top!  ;D
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Sounds good to me, I like to see a quick 12"of ice and then 3-6" of snow on top!  ;D

I am with you on that one Bart ...last year started out with a  good 6 inches of black ice ... then whamo 18 inches of the fluffy that did not leave till March . Tough tough tough.

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
A nice cold snowless winter.  Sweet!

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
A nice cold snowless winter.  Sweet!

I can do without the snow..  Been working on the plow truck the past couple of weeks.. It took a beating last year...

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Greetings folks nice to see more members posting with each passing day. I received my copy of the Ice team 2015-16 annual winter guide in Friday's mail thanks once again Hardwater Diehard and OldSailor for posting the hyperlinks.  Just wish they listed the prices of various products.
 Enjoy the remaining days of summer we are getting closer with each day to the start of 2015-16 ice fishing season.
Steve

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I'm still waiting for mine.   I hope the rumors are true, about a cold snowless winter.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
Looks like we are going to be able to do a lot of driving to fishing spots this year.... Gas dropped 4 cents overnight! $2.49 in my area could only imagine what it is across the boarder in Jersey by GWL.... Hopefully this trend of lower gas prices continues! It will also make deer season easier on the wallet a lot of gas gets used that time of year lol

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Time off is what gets me.  Ill be happier with lower heating oil prices.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
http://www.newyorksportsmanshow.com/Index.html

looks like Clam and Maki plastics will be there

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Nice....

Offline Codyjames215

• Team IceShanty Regular
Can anyone suggest a couple lakes in southern New York close to Pennsylvania that I can ice fish for pike and musky ?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.