New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095972 times)

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Chris_JC

• IceShanty Rookie
OK locals, I want to get out Thursday morning @Greewood lake by the gazebo. Help me out. Willing to walk the plank.

Did you make it out there today?  I was thinking of trying tomorrow AM and curious about the conditions of getting on.

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Yes, greenwood is good. 15" of ice. Be careful at the shoreline.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline mjgonehunting

• Team IceShanty Regular
I do believe,if the fat lady isn't't singing on your favorite lake,she is at least doing her warmup exercises!
I drive all day,and see a lot of shorelines going to hell rather quickly!
Lakes like Muscoot with a lot of choke points are opening up at current breaks very quickly!
Sodom and Bog Brook,being lowered slightly,are filling up,and not being able to go over the spillway and even out,the shorelines are doubling the open area each day this week!
Lakes like Gleneida that do not fluctuate much still have mostly solid shore lines!
Just be careful out there!
Take your kids hunting and fishing!

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
went out yesterday in the monticello area. 18" of ice. the shore where the sun was on all day was open in spots about 1 1/2 foot over the shallow water. the other side of the lake was froze solid! had a awesome day out there. i kept 15 crappies 12-14" a few perch and gills totaling 31 fish and Dewey kept 11 fish.

boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
Nice haul. That is some serious catching. Congrats.
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
lol thanks KB. but that was just a day average for the lake i was at.

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
we had a good day boss must have drilled 100 holes chasing the fish around... a lot of fun...I liked the 1 15"bullhead I picked up on my tip up
I wish I got a few more of them...  :icefish:
images.jpeg

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I really have to get out there with you..  Is love to get into some gills.  I havent gilled in a long time.

Offline mjgonehunting

• Team IceShanty Regular
KB check your PMs!

Offline Chris_JC

• IceShanty Rookie
Yes, greenwood is good. 15" of ice. Be careful at the shoreline.

I got out from like 730 until 1 today.  It wasn't too bad trying to find a way on but after the snow I imagine it might be tougher to identify/avoid the ice that probably just re-froze last night.

Offline mjgonehunting

• Team IceShanty Regular
I'm not smart enough to attach the pics,but had a great morning with KB loading up on bluegills!
A pleasure to meet you sir!
Mrs KB gets some nice sweet bluegills,the farmer gets them thinned out of his pond to make room for more crappies and bass,and KB and I get the satisfaction of a job well done!
BossJ I saw your spoons in action,and they seemed to do very well!

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Here's our catch.  We did get a few crappie, but tossed them back.

It was a pleasure to finally meet you too.   The Mrs is quite excited for the next fish dinner.  Thank you.

It's a GILL-ty pleasure. LOL

Boss J I finally got out to use your spoons. They worked great.

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
lol thanks. glad you got to use them. thats a good mess of gill you got there, gonna be tasty! i have been putting a hurtin on the fish with them for a few years now. i have a few people that will use nothing else after fishing with me and seeing how i work them.

Offline TRAPPER3

• Team IceShanty Regular
KB....nice haul AGAIN.........BOSS-J  I have to get a few to try PM me when available........

Offline fishingfamily0509

• IceShanty Rookie
  • proud parents... jig em up girls
Was out today... And using the spoons From Boss J and they are amazing caught a bunch of perch and gills and was only out there for a 3 hours... Highly recommend the spoons from Boss J

Offline mjgonehunting

• Team IceShanty Regular
BossJ
Are your spoons made out of stainless,or just carbon steel polished up?

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
here the facebook page about them with pics:     https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008629389666

Offline egriffin70

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ed
It's really nice to be fishing this late in the season!  Checked out Sodom today,  edges bad in many spots. Hit a private lake in Dutchess off 22 and hit into ton of yellows , ice was over 15" and solid. 

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Was out yesterday ...very tough bite ...only a bluegill and a bass on my dead stick. Ice is still holding strong 15-16 inches ...most of the shorelines are holding up ...was quite the blustery day to boot ...may get one more outing before the mid week warm up and rain .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
If anyone here knows a safe entry and would like company this late afternoon for late day bite perhaps.., Let me know before noon.. I'll be heading up Monticello area after a paying my traffic ticket on the way up.
i live about 7 miles from the trooper baracks in wurtsboro. ill be fishing tomorrow, got plans this afternoon.

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
Well emptied the bait tank today. Next project is adding some line to some of my tipups and then putting everything away till next year and getting the clubs out. Had a good season didn't fish as much as a wanted but it is what it is.

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
I fished up by Monticello & I catch 6 nice brown bullheads ..Ice was about18" thick ... I feed a Bald eagle a 10" perch
& got a few nice pics of the eagle...had a nice day... :) :)
images.jpeg

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
your right shellfish... at first I throw the perch about 20 yards & he flew back & forth & did not pick up ,
Then I throw perch about 50 yards  & swoops out of the tree & gets the perch the first try  a nice site to see... :) :)
images.jpeg

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I would've fed the eagle the bull head and kept the perch.... a lot of meat on a 10" perch.... waste of a good tasting fish

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
I guess you have never eat any big bullheads from ice cold water loudmouth ... they are very good ... :)
images.jpeg

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
went out yesterday. got into some HUGE gills. biggest was a lil over 10". also got a few perch, biggest was over 14" and crappies that were 12-14"

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
I am going to try to get out on white lake today... I have a few things to take care of around home maybe hit the ice after lunch...
images.jpeg

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline cbyzerman

• IceShanty Rookie
yea i did feed them and have been for a long long time and have never seen one die from it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.