New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095821 times)

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
The high temperatures keep going up in the weekend forecast ...hoping the brutal conditions stay to the north of us ...although a freeze up would be nice for traveling across this slush.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline iceman67

• IceShanty Rookie
Anyone been out on sylvan lake in dutchess thinking of hitting it Monday?

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
It's frozen over. I drive past it everyday, but I don't know how the fishing has been. Sylvan is.., sylvan.
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
The high temperatures keep going up in the weekend forecast ...hoping the brutal conditions stay to the north of us ...although a freeze up would be nice for traveling across this slush.

Sunday will be brutal with the wind

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the ice....
Fished Blue Lake..great day. Warning: if you decide to drive down to the boat lauch, use caution, have decent tires and some sort of driving ability, and 4WD helps. I was the only one out and would have helped the individual who spent  nearly two hours tryin to get outta the predicament they got themselves into, but I was way too far and the bite was on. I did notify the office. Eventually, the individual did get himself out and by that time I was closer. I asked if he was good, and he stated he was. I then watched him back up and get stuck again, attempting to make a "k" turn. And after a few attempts to get outta that situation, he was assisted by two guys who came back in a minivan. They fared better. Guess the first guy needs new tires..lol
You can't make this stuff up. Better were the two women I encountered on my way out who decided to try and drive their Hyundai back there..lol..I actually explained to them three times what I have just posted..they still were thinking it over when I left.
Incredible.
It is what it is....

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
"But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever." - Ron White

Offline POtjm120

• IceShanty Rookie
Anyone been out on sylvan lake in dutchess thinking of hitting it Monday?
Drove past last Sunday and counted 20+ people out fishing.  Local bait shop said they had been catching small rainbows and browns......may join you out there on Monday myself!

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the ice....
"But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever." - Ron White

So friggin true...
It is what it is....

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Good Evening everyone just wanted to inform all of you that due to a sudden unexpected event in my life I will not be able to attended this Saturday's gathering at the Hurleyville Fire Dept. Contest. My Mother Passed away earlier today. All those needing information on this contest please see the SENY Gathering Suggestion thread or go the Contest thread started by AdkRoy. (found stickied near top of NY.General community page) Have a safe and great weekend everyone.

Mr.Clean/Steve

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
Steve..... So very sorry to hear about your Mom.  Marcia and I will pray for your family in this time of great sorrow. RIP Mom

Offline jghunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hi anybody have any idea if bringing a wheeler to highland lake and king of the ice is even worth it?? Deep snow? Slush? Maybe this freeze will help?? Thanks in advance!! Good luck!!!

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Hi anybody have any idea if bringing a wheeler to highland lake and king of the ice is even worth it?? Deep snow? Slush? Maybe this freeze will help?? Thanks in advance!! Good luck!!!

I haven't been out since the warm up this week ...but last weekend was a no go for wheelers ...that snow was  to deep for the belly of the machine....if any slush its sure to be a no go ...may be chains would give you better odds . The big freeze up will sure change things ...not sure if it'll be worse or better. The Southern shores are sure to be heavily drifted over ....my buddy has tracks on his Grizzly ...now that's the way to go .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline jghunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Thanks! Yes tracks is the way to go but $3000 is steep!!! Hopefully freeze helps it.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Also a Smitty helps

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
its going to be touchy on highland lake. the snow is in drifts everywhere and the slush is there too. once you drill holes the water is coming up onto the ice from the weight and it gets sloppy. so with all the people out it might get to be hard to make it back in if you do get out on a quad.
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline bowski76

• Team IceShanty Regular
Mr.Clean/Steve,
Sorry for your loss, my condolences; I lost my mother one year ago, a tough time for the family.

Jim

Offline lake simon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • look familiar
Planning on going to the king of the ice but the four wheeler with the slush conditions I'm sure is going to be a big problem. Not to mention the cool temps and the wind. Hope to see you there

Offline Rather-B-Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Ask a dec officer why our lovely immigrants . Documented or otherwise.don't get fined? That should cause a stir......so frustrating  >:(

Offline peterk814

• IceShanty Rookie
Ask a dec officer why our lovely immigrants . Documented or otherwise.don't get fined? That should cause a stir......so frustrating  >:(

What kind of generalist, stereotypical racist comment is that? 

We are all immigrants in the US other than native americans.  So unless youre from a specific tribe you yourself are an immigrant.

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Looks like 1-3" on Saturday and a storm on Wednesday

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
we just had a squall move thrugh hyde park and drop 2 inches

Offline jiignut

• Team IceShanty Regular
I'm not an immigrant. Dictionaries are useful.   

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Good Evening everyone just wanted to inform all of you that due to a sudden unexpected event in my life I will not be able to attended this Saturday's gathering at the Hurleyville Fire Dept. Contest. My Mother Passed away earlier today. All those needing information on this contest please see the SENY Gathering Suggestion thread or go the Contest thread started by AdkRoy. (found stickied near top of NY.General community page) Have a safe and great weekend everyone.

Mr.Clean/Steve
Sorry to hear it Steve. Prayers sent.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb

Mr.Clean/Steve

Steve, sorry to hear that, please accept my sincere condolences.
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Founder of OC NY Ice Fishing Club
I was out today and caught some bluegills. I got caught in a squal and I didn't have my shelter and I was fine. People were looking at me but I'm a crazy sob lol :P

Offline Reelemin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Steve, Very Sorry to hear about your Mother....Thoughts and prayers headed your way.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Good evening everyone on behalf of my Family and I thank you to all who have sent their condolences. They are greatly appreciated at this time. Except for a few brief periods of snow it looks like the latest storm bypassed my location. To all going out this holiday weekend be careful I suggest cutting back on the gear and save the strain on your bodies.

Once again here are the contact names/phone numbers for the Hurleyville Fire Dept. contest         Jack Halchak  (845)-436-5418   George Price  (845)-434-3475                 I suggest giving them a call to make sure the contest is still on for Saturday. Please share here on Ice Shanty any. info. you obtain from either of these gentlemen.

The Mahogany Ridge Hunting club contest at Highland Lake (Eldred area-Sullivan County) also scheduled for this Sat.Feb.14 will happen they held it last year under similar conditions in terms of Snow depth and slush. If you remember winter storm Pax dumped 20 inches or more of snow on many parts of South Eastern New York a few days before the contest.

Steve

Offline fishingfamily0509

• IceShanty Rookie
  • proud parents... jig em up girls
Sorry for the loss of your mother steve/mr.clean praying for u and ur family

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
last years snow storm dumped 3 1/2 feet! i know, i walked across the lake in it!!! and now its not as deep but still a royal pain in the a** to walk in.
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline rugermag

• IceShanty Rookie
Peace to you and to your beloved mother.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.