New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1096010 times)

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the ice....
Hit one of my favorite ponds today, iced over 20 perch of keeper size!  Great day to be out, biggest catch was my sunburn off the snow!

N I C E!!!!!
It is what it is....

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
....if it wasnt for that phonecall i never would have caught the crappie that gave me 1st place in the panfish devision!!! i owe the win to kevin, and my spoons!!! l

Thats great!!Congrats!
It is what it is....

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
Thanks. I love a busy morning like that.
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
Fished from about 6am-10m this morning with my cousin.... nice but cold morning

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
Fished from about 6am-10m this morning.... nice morning

Nice! Love them Crappies!
It is what it is....

Offline razvy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Nice job Loudmouth :)
The thinner the ice, the more anxious is everyone to see whether it will bear.

Offline Lightsimage

• IceShanty Rookie
Fished from about 6am-10m this morning.... nice morning

Nice catch, great dinner!

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
The only bad part of today was this was the scene when I went to pick up a new fillet knife.....

Where are all the fillet knives?!?  :%$#!:

Seems they are too busy with the floors to worry about the shelves....

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Nice job Loudmouth :)
Thanks. I love a busy morning like that.
Nice! Love them Crappies!

Thanks! Boy it was cold this morning had to stay in the shanty thank god for the DEC allowing 5 tip ups and 3 hand lines had plenty to stay occupied with since the jigging was very slow once that sun popped up everything shut off including the gills!

Offline TheThinIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Bowhunter first, everything else second.
Great crappies!

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
The only bad part of today was this was the scene when I went to pick up a new fillet knife.....

I would hit Kmart or Wally World..you'll probably have better luck..seriously.
It is what it is....

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I would hit Kmart or Wally World..you'll probably have better luck..seriously.

Wally World doesn't have the one I'm looking for  :(

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Loudmouth879  what length and make of fillet knife are you looking for if you post info. here maybe someone will see it when they are in local bait shops. If I remember correctly you reside in the Warwick area it is a trip  to either shop but have you tried Davis Sporting goods(rt.17 north in Sloatsburg) or Tom's Bait shop in Fair oaks ?  If you are really desperate try Fish 307" website I have received items I ordered within 2 days provided they have item in stock.
Steve

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Nice fish Loudmouth...
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Check Gander Mtn ship to store or Walmart ship to store ....this year got a lot of stuff from both stores that way ...Walmart had some good prices on most items .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline flounderman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • member since Dec 2005
Loudmouth, sorry to hear your driving all over looking for a knife. Save the gas and aggravation, do yourself a favor and order on-line the dexter 2333-8 fillet knife and accusharp sharpener. It will be the last fillet knife you ever buy.

Comes in a 9" version too.

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Founder of OC NY Ice Fishing Club
(Image removed from quote.)
Where are all the fillet knives?!?  :%$#!:

Seems they are too busy with the floors to worry about the shelves....
. They r there but Sold out.... Had tons of them last week.

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
. They r there but Sold out.... Had tons of them last week.

Not when I was there on Friday....

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Loudmouth, sorry to hear your driving all over looking for a knife. Save the gas and aggravation, do yourself a favor and order on-line the dexter 2333-8 fillet knife and accusharp sharpener. It will be the last fillet knife you ever buy.

Comes in a 9" version too.

Not really wasting gas since I work in Middletown and its on my way home.... I stop in to check for stuff on occasion. Gander "re-stocks" their shelves on Thursday I believe and every time I stop in on Friday it looks like nothings been re-stocked....

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
where it says ::: Motorized fishing equipment is prohibited on City Property, including but not limited
to powered ice augers  i know you cant use gas but what about electric ice augers with the same battery you use for your vexilar ????? are you aloud to use propane heaters  like a buddy heater with the small 1 lb bottle??
   I heard from NYC DEP   This is from the Email I received from them hope this helps   

Thanks for contacting us. I’m sorry to say that powered Ice augers are not permitted for use on any reservoir open for ice fishing. Powered augers are specifically prohibited in the DEP recreation rules. Hand operated augers are fine.

Fishfinders are routinely used by boaters  and we ask that you take care not to leave any batteries on the property.

Portable propane heaters are not specifically prohibited by our recreational rules but their use is not encouraged.

We currently do not allow ice fishing on any NYC reservoir located West of the Hudson river but there are a number of reservoirs to choose from East of the Hudson. Reservoirs open for ice fishing are listed in the DEP Recreation Rules.

I have attached a copy of the DEP Recreation Rules which will be the subject of revision in the near future to address some of the questions you have asked. I hope this is helpful to you.

Thanks,

John

Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline razvy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Got back from the ice , got there 7 am and was coldDD , so cold that the water was steaming like boil water inside the house , fished until 12 noon , wind made it hard to fish the whole was icing up inside the tent whit a heater going.
 Got 7 crappies realist 5 and kept 2 one is 16  1/4  the other smaller , got 4 or 5 LM bass , few ... what a heck I'll post pictures ..
 I can't entry the tournament cause I don't have the picture taken on the ice  :-\, no phone whit me this time

The thinner the ice, the more anxious is everyone to see whether it will bear.

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
Nice Crappie!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
Nice Ravzy!
It is what it is....

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Not in desperate need just would like to pick one up but it just seems Gander never restocks lately

Offline fishon723

• IceShanty Rookie
That's a slab crappie razvy!

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
Met up with I.S. member REELACTION and his wonderful Mom at Rockland Lake State Park. His Mom KILLED IT!
Landed some real nice yellows and one massive white. My buddy and I were more than happy to donate our catch being we have a ton of yellows and a couple of whites waiting for the fryer.(by the way, that's a size 13 boot below that whitie) I really need to add a tape measure to my gear.

It is what it is....

Offline reelaction

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bronx , NY
Hey Corndog AKA Andy Just wanted to say we had a great time my mom and I. Pleasure meeting you and your buddy. I took a pretty good beating today and seemed like I was just a spectator watching you guys and mom catch up all the fish. But come tomorrow will be even playing fields. The White Perch you caught was ***** HUGE ****, mom said she can't wait to chow down on that one. Of course when I got home I was raided by my inlaws and ended up taking half the fish. Hope to see you out there tomorrow.

Offline reelaction

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bronx , NY
   I heard from NYC DEP   This is from the Email I received from them hope this helps   

Thanks for contacting us. I’m sorry to say that powered Ice augers are not permitted for use on any reservoir open for ice fishing. Powered augers are specifically prohibited in the DEP recreation rules. Hand operated augers are fine.

Fishfinders are routinely used by boaters  and we ask that you take care not to leave any batteries on the property.

Portable propane heaters are not specifically prohibited by our recreational rules but their use is not encouraged.

We currently do not allow ice fishing on any NYC reservoir located West of the Hudson river but there are a number of reservoirs to choose from East of the Hudson. Reservoirs open for ice fishing are listed in the DEP Recreation Rules.

I have attached a copy of the DEP Recreation Rules which will be the subject of revision in the near future to address some of the questions you have asked. I hope this is helpful to you.

Thanks,

John

Thank you hard water for the info

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
Hey Corndog AKA Andy Just wanted to say we had a great time my mom and I. Pleasure meeting you and your buddy. I took a pretty good beating today and seemed like I was just a spectator watching you guys and mom catch up all the fish. But come tomorrow will be even playing fields. The White Perch you caught was ***** HUGE ****, mom said she can't wait to chow down on that one. Of course when I got home I was raided by my inlaws and ended up taking half the fish. Hope to see you out there tomorrow.

Awesome! See ya tomorrow!
It is what it is....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.