New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095762 times)

Offline pfd5623sg

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Dont eat the yellow snow... or ice... lmao
I'm probably going to sylvan. Haven't fished it yet this year.
KB you havent missed much in sylvan... been there alot  and one one brown to speak of... if you have another choice take it lol... ramp isnt plowed and parking will be really bad... but enjoy where ever you go and good luck.

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the ice....
Hit Rockland Lake today..My two buddies and I. One got there early, landed 15 Yellows before we got there. He dontated and or released them.
On the ice and cutting hole by 9:45, off by 4:30. Set up eight tip ups with smaller bait.
Landed three Yellows on tip ups.
Totals:23 Yellows and 2 Whites
Great day to be out there...
It is what it is....

Offline pfd5623sg

• IceShanty Rookie
Hit Rockland Lake today..My two buddies and I. One got there early, landed 15 Yellows before we got there. He dontated and or released them.
On the ice and cutting hole by 9:45, off by 4:30. Set up eight tip ups with smaller bait.

nice job....

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
It is what it is....

Offline Lightsimage

• IceShanty Rookie
Great job! Got the makings of a great fish fry!!!

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
Im meeting some friends there, so I'll be there.  Ive never really done good there in the winter, but in the summer I do OK.
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
Great job! Got the makings of a great fish fry!!!

Being fileted as we type!
It is what it is....

Offline pfd5623sg

• IceShanty Rookie
Im meeting some friends there, so I'll be there.  Ive never really done good there in the winter, but in the summer I do OK.
kool enjoy and gl...

Offline pfd5623sg

• IceShanty Rookie
Niceeeeeee... lol

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

You cant filet and type at the same time you will mess up your key board.....     ;D ;D ;D ;D
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline CatskillsFisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
Guys,

What is this fish at the bottom?
They both came from the pickerel's stomach.
I know the one on the top, but what is the one that looks like herring?
Do we have freshwater herring in our lakes?
Is that what they call alewife?

(Image removed from quote.)
Definitely an alewive, better known as a "sawbellie" around these parts.... Dang things cost like 10$ a dozen... Best bait on the reservoirs...

Offline razvy

• Team IceShanty Regular
How you catch alewife thru ice ? Anyone has any idea ?
The thinner the ice, the more anxious is everyone to see whether it will bear.

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
Heard there was a 40"+ Muskie caught in Greenwood today

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline reelaction

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bronx , NY
looking for info on the Mahogany Ridge Hunting and Fishing club contest at Highland Lake near Eldred,NY. feb 15 please , is there a site i can look at ((((ICE BALLS)))) YOU GOING TO THIS ????

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
To all who looked/searched for the Annual SENY Outing thread my apologies. I forgot to send information on the Mahogany Ridge Hunting and Fishing club contest to Adk Roy for approval . So anyone interested in attending the contest and outing please send me a personal message.(Reelaction check your in-box )
Also for those looking to make a weekend of contests the annual King of The Ice is on Sunday Feb.16,2014 at White Lake (Sullivan county)

I have limited info. on the Mahogany Ridge contest so I don't think Adk Roy would approve so I did not contact him and try to start a new thread.
Steve

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
Niceeeeeee... lol

5 lbs of fileted goodness!
It is what it is....

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
   You cant filet and type at the same time you will mess up your key board.....     ;D ;D ;D ;D

Actually.. I got off easy. I had dinner plans so by awesome buddy did the fileting!
It is what it is....

Offline rugermag

• IceShanty Rookie
Good looking mess of perch.  Perch, French fries and a salad!! Damn

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Just for everyone knowledge if your looking for King of The Ice contest info. Below is the website for the Sullivan County Conservation Club the organizers /holders of the contest.  All preregistration's  must be received by Wednesday Feb.12,2014 . You save three dollars by preregistering.

www.sullivancountyconservation club.org

I hope that I have not broken website rules by posting link, just tyring to help my fellow ice fishermen.

Steve

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
Good looking mess of perch.  Perch, French fries and a salad!! Damn

Thanks.. Just annoyed that I didn't hook into more of those whities... The fight was great on light tackle.
It is what it is....

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
Just got back from the Glenmere turny.... some nice fish caught took 2nd place perch and one of my cousins took 1st place perch and my other cousin split first place pickerel with someone else... nice day bunch of fish caught by us a lot of gills all over 9.5" one that hit 10" good day today

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline pfd5623sg

• IceShanty Rookie
Just got back from the Glenmere turny.... some nice fish caught took 2nd place perch and one of my cousins took 1st place perch and my other cousin split first place pickerel with someone else... nice day bunch of fish caught by us a lot of gills all over 9.5" one that hit 10" good day today

Great job...  :)

Offline reelaction

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bronx , NY

how thick was the ice at rockland  corndog

Offline reelaction

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bronx , NY

congrats loudmouth :thumbsup:

Offline tipup28

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~ Gino Alessandro
Fished at Stissing Lake today. 8" ice with about a foot of snow on top. Extremely sloppy/mushy conditions out there. Soaking wet by the end of the day. Jigged up 20 bluegills and got a 16"largemouth bass on a tip up. Very little tip up action, but the jigging was great. Lots of slab gills.

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict

NICE!! Congrats!
It is what it is....

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
how thick was the ice at rockland  corndog

At least 9"..plenty think..good thing my buddy has his 10" propane powered auger of awesomeness!
It is what it is....

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I got more flags today on Sylvan Lake than I have ever gotten before.  The bad part is that it will all small pickerel.  It was a great day to be out on the ice on the lake that rarely ever freezes.

Offline Coldfusion

• Team IceShanty Regular
I got more flags today on Sylvan Lake than I have ever gotten before.  The bad part is that it will all small pickerel.  It was a great day to be out on the ice on the lake that rarely ever freezes.

Nice KB - At least you had some action!

How thick is the ice?

Skunked on WB - Washington Road!

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
8-9 inches with not much snow. It seems that the wind blew most of the snow up against the shores.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.