New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095925 times)

Offline AmIceMan

• IceShanty Rookie
Just finish plowing , we got 5" . more coming Wednesday pm :(

Hopefully we get enough to get use out of the snow machines
But yet again fishing going to slow down

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the ice....
Nice. Thanks. Gonna check it out.

Lots of good lakes to fish.. You can check the NYS DEC site http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/9920.html for countor maps of the lakes. Some are located under Rockland and some under Orange county. Great warm weather fishing in Harriman as well as hiking. During the warm weather if you want to use a canoe, rowboat or kayak there is a fee for a sticker and separate fee for keys for boat launch parking. If you are going to the park, stop in at Tiorati Circle office. They have tons of info or you can check out most of the information  on line.
Good luck and let us know how it went
It is what it is....

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
One of my buddy's lives over there and I reciently took him and his son fishing, and they loved it. I'd like to get his kid out again to keep his interest going.
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
I have posted these phone numbers before but to save everyone a search below are the numbers for Lake Tiorotti office and Sterling Forest visitors center.

Lake Tiorotti  (845) - 351-2568                    Sterling Forest (845)-351-5907

If we get an extended warm stretch of weather call before going to either park. There is a policy requiring a six inch minimum of ice before they will let you on the ice. There are signs by the lakes where ice fishing is permitted if you see a green stripe on sign the lake is open for fishing, red stripe lake is closed.
Steve

Offline maxt

• IceShanty Rookie
Five hours in Sullivan - not too shabby.  ;D
Got two biggest pickerels of 2014 so far, yellow perch was ignoring me for some reason.

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

Nice catch!

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
Hit Rockland Lake today..from about 10am-130..four yellow perch, and a sloppy watery walk out. Not a very fun day, but its called fishing!
It is what it is....

Offline tipup28

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~ Gino Alessandro
has anyone fished rudd pond in millerton lately? Does it have a green flag?

Offline Mr.Esox

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Keep it hard
The Pack is back.
Mr.Esox

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Any one up in Sullivan today. How was the snow situation?
    Looks to be 7 or so inches of wet snow(atop or the 3-4 yesterday) for today ....going to make the lakes very sloppy after you drill ...not really looking forward to that ...at lest the temps wont be brutal.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline soulstream

• IceShanty Rookie
  • When the flag pops, the b#$%t stops!!!
Time for me to break out the muck boots!

Offline Robbieq16

• IceShanty Rookie
Home made transduce arm incase some of u don't like you float here was my idea works good

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
9" total where I live.... hopefully we don't get a ton like they are saying we will over the weekend...

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
9" total where I live.... hopefully we don't get a ton like they are saying we will over the weekend...
    Think they backed off that forcast some.... based on the "models"......hate fishing in the slop.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
Home made transduce arm incase some of u don't like you float here was my idea works good

I've always thought that when I finally snap the arm off my marcum, I'll just bolt a couple wrenches together to replace it.   

Smart thinking.
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Update  for my neck of the woods ....12 plus inches .....think its over for the day ...hoping not to get that icing they predicted ...hoping the 10 plus inches of ice is able to hold the weight of the snowfall ...Ol'man Winter and that Ground hog are in cahoots .... ;D

Offline jghunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hey anybody know for sure if mahogany ridge gun club is having a contest this year?? I believe its Feb 15th 7x3 highland lake but have not been able to find anything on contest this year. Thanks

Offline Reelemin

• Team IceShanty Regular
jghunter

You are correct....The Mahogany Ridge Hunting and Fishing Clubs Annual Ice Fishing Contest will be held at Highland Lake (Sand Beach, 348 Lakeview Drive) on Saturday February 15th. 7am to 2pm. $20 for Adults which includes lunch, soda, hot chocolate, and 1 dozen bait fish. $10 for Children under 12. There will be a raffle for a 33cc Polar Fire Auger and a HT 4 man Insta-shak along with some sweet prizes that HT Enterprises, Inc. have donated for this years event.  Hope to see you there!!

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
What kind of fish are in Highland?

Offline jghunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Thanks!!! Lake has yellow perch pickerel crappie and bass.fun contest. Great food!!!!!!

Offline razvy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Highland Lake in Middletown or Eldred ?
The thinner the ice, the more anxious is everyone to see whether it will bear.

Offline ShawnM

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Captain of Team Mercer
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals   ;D

Offline jghunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Near eldred. In Sullivan county. Google highland lake in Sullivan county. Contour map on NY DEC web sight.

Offline Reelemin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Another great Ice Fishing contest to consider is:-------------> The Hurleyville Fire Department and town of Fallsburgh Youth Commission will be holding their 26th annual Ice Fishing contest on Morningside Lake, Hurleyville NY this Saturday February 8th. 7am to 3pm, $5 for Adults, Kids 15 and under are FREE!....with Trophies, Prizes, Bait and Refreshments.... There are Kids, Adult, and Special Fireman's Divisions for this event. The targeted species will be Walleye, Pickerel, Crappie/Sunfish, Perch, and Bullhead. After the contest everyone is invited back to the Hurleyville Fire house for Food and Beverages. For 5 bucks you can't beat this one! The Fishcakes, along with all the other food, is worth the entry fee by itself!  HT Enterprises, Inc. has once again donated some fantastic prizes. There will also be a raffle and 50/50 drawing.  I'll be fishing this one too.....I'll see you there...

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Hmm... Just realized that it has been like 2 or 3 weeks since I last ice fished... guess I should get back out there! Maybe I'll head Greenwood this weekend for another monster Muskie lol. Hopefully can get a walleye out of there this year

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Figured I'd add a neat trick for keeping the monnow heads on your lure ... 
http://www.in-fisherman.com/2011/01/01/walleye-tipping-tips-tricks/         http://www.stringease.com/products.php?cat=snaps&id=fastach_clips    http://www.muskyshop.com/modules/cart/products.php/keys/fastach/page/1/id/2321/name/StringeaseFastachMultiUseClip   Just started using these ....principle seems sound ....I've tried all ways to keep the minnow head on ....but kept getting picked off or swallowed...making me re rig during the frenzy ....insead of being able to just unhook and get back down .Modify message

Offline wetdreams

• Team IceShanty Regular
Just a heads up for anyone who goes to Gander Mountain in Middletown for bait. They are OUT of Bait & they are NOT going to get anymore. All off the tanks were Empty when I was there this morning. The rumor is true that they are putting a Star Bucks in where the bait shop was. Walt

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
Just a heads up for anyone who goes to Gander Mountain in Middletown for bait. They are OUT of Bait & they are NOT going to get anymore. All off the tanks were Empty when I was there this morning. The rumor is true that they are putting a Star Bucks in where the bait shop was. Walt

Well.. At least I will save some cash and gas because I WILL NEVER GO TO GANDER MOUNTAIN AGAIN!
It is what it is....

Offline jghunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
X2. Only reason to go to gander!! Now what? Davis sport shop?  Any ideas??

Offline iceman67

• IceShanty Rookie
Wards bait and tackle in Newburgh has everything all the time

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
Wards bait and tackle in Newburgh has everything all the time

I second that!
It is what it is....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com