New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095789 times)

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
that is huge, almost looks like a carp lol... I guess that is a red shiner? never seen anything as big except in a Florida bait shop where they float bait that size for lmb.

golden shiner

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the ice....
golden shiner

I was just gonna say the same thing Loudmouth! And that's a biggin! I'm down in Rockland and waiting paintently for some good ice. Best of luck and stay safe out there.
It is what it is....

Offline coorslightguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 3% patriot
anybody know about white pond yet??

Offline snowden

• Team IceShanty Regular
big snow drifts tonight i here.. i know there is good ice but not sure if i can wing it Saturday. hoping to get out for some good ice fishing

Offline fmoy2k1

• IceShanty Rookie
white pond is good 3 1/2 to 4" of ice on new years day.

Offline Coldfusion

• Team IceShanty Regular
Thx. for the update on White Pond!

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
Are there any safe lakes by Newburgh?  My buddy called and asked me to him and his son out, so I want to make it nice for the kid. I'd like to get him 'hooked'.

Thanks
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
Are there any safe lakes by Newburgh?  My buddy called and asked me to him and his son out, so I want to make it nice for the kid. I'd like to get him 'hooked'.

Thanks

Karl;  You might want to give Upton a look.  We've had some hot days with the Trout there at first ice.  There were some reports last week that people were fishing there.

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Thanks

I'd take him somewhere where there's a lot of pickerel.... non stop flags should get him interested

Offline Coldfusion

• Team IceShanty Regular
Thinking about hitting Upton, East Branch (Sodom) or White Pond Tomorrow!

Offline rugermag

• IceShanty Rookie
They are fishing Sodom but it is WAY down! White Pond is safe and Upton was safe over about 90% as of
Wednesday. There was open water on the north end and west side. That MAY have cured by now. Use caution.

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
He lives in Newburgh, so I wanted to keep him local in case his kid gets cold.  Personally I was thinking of whites or another small pond.   

Upton is a far drive for them, but I'm looking forward to getting out there myself though.  IB we never did get together, let's try and plan something out this year.
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline ShawnM

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Captain of Team Mercer
Guy's if any of you would like to go to our NJ Get-Together it is at Jefferson Lake Saturday January 11th. Sign up's are on the NJ board
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals   ;D

Offline IceDropper

• IceShanty Rookie
Anyone check out the Bridge yet?

Offline TRAPPER3

• Team IceShanty Regular
Thinking of heading to Upton tomorrow......anybody up there today....how is ice ?.....Thanks !!!

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
Took a drive to Sterling Forest. Met up with two Rangers who were out testing the ice thickness. Two of the nicest Rangers I have ever met.
They were quite sincere when they expressed that unfortunately they had to keep the lakes closed for now, being the thickness was at 5 1/2" and NYS Parks require 6". After speaking with them about both Sterling and Harriman waters, I feel confident they truly have us in their best interests and wished they could open.
Having heard of a snowshoer going through in Oakland NJ, I'm fine with waiting.
Hopefully the end of the week or next. Let's be careful out there guys!
It is what it is....

Offline tipup28

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ~ Gino Alessandro
5-6" black ice at a small pond in Ulster Co. today. 3 chain pickerel (12", 16", 18") on tip ups and a small 10" largemouth bass jigging.

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
5-6" black ice at a small pond in Ulster Co. today. 3 chain pickerel (12", 16", 18") on tip ups and a small 10" largemouth bass jigging.

Nice!

It is what it is....

Offline snowden

• Team IceShanty Regular
hey corndog, thanks for the headups .. I am looking forward to any opportunity in the southern tier. I also didn't make it up to my Sullivan lk today but heard the ice up there is even thicker,, probably more than eight inches sometime next week anywhere. glta

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
Snowden.. I'm gettin real itchy! Lol.. Buddy went up near Monticello... Haven't heard how they did yet.
It is what it is....

Offline Ice clam

• IceShanty Rookie
Thinking of upton on Monday any ice reports?

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Anyone check out the Bridge yet?

Talked to a guy today who said he checked it Tuesday and there was 7-8"..... I think he's crazy there is no way there is that much ice on the bridge but ya never know

Offline quailman2

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hey guys any word on Sturgis pool yet looking to find out if safe

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
On another note.... fished today on another private lake and boy was it worth it... 12 perch smallest was 10".... the other 11 were all over 13" with one being roughly 15"....

this picture doesn't do them justice.... I'll take some better ones when i fillet them up... waiting for them to thaw a bit lol

Offline Coldfusion

• Team IceShanty Regular
He lives in Newburgh, so I wanted to keep him local in case his kid gets cold.  Personally I was thinking of whites or another small pond.   

Upton is a far drive for them, but I'm looking forward to getting out there myself though.  IB we never did get together, let's try and plan something out this year.

KB - Nice to meet you on White Pond today, how'd you make out after I left?

Here's the pic. of the 17 inch Walleye I caught and released.

Offline icefisherman10990

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hit a local lake for an ice check and got 5 solid inches of black ice here in oc. Got to fish for half hour and got a pickerel and 4 sunnies before I had to run to get to the gym start of a great year

Offline Corndog

• Team IceShanty Addict
Hit a local lake for an ice check and got 5 solid inches of black ice here in oc. Got to fish for half hour and got a pickerel and 4 sunnies before I had to run to get to the gym start of a great year

Nice!
It is what it is....

Offline snowden

• Team IceShanty Regular
On another note.... fished today on another private lake and boy was it worth it... 12 perch smallest was 10".... the other 11 were all over 13" with one being roughly 15"....

(Image removed from quote.)

this picture doesn't do them justice.... I'll take some better ones when i fillet them up... waiting for them to thaw a bit lol
that is awesome catch.. i know any perch over 12 inches is big enough for eats..15 inch perch is huge congrats

Offline pfd5623sg

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Dont eat the yellow snow... or ice... lmao
upton is plenty safe 4 inches  plus the day of the snow...im sure there is close to 6 by now...

Offline Coldfusion

• Team IceShanty Regular
upton is plenty safe 4 inches  plus the day of the snow...im sure there is close to 6 by now...

Thx!

Planning on trying there tomorrow.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.