New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095869 times)

Offline jiignut

• Team IceShanty Regular
 THE ABOVE WAS IN REFERENCE TO THIS.     PAGE #279
/Users/dannyseginak/Desktop/Screen shot 2013-10-16 at 7.32.51 PM.png

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
I put my frabill trecker in the back of my 2006 jetta diesel, plus gear with the back seat folded down & great mpg ... :)
images.jpeg

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
F + W Ice Fishing mag is at Gander in Middletown NY .... also check the Wally world ....pick up the last copy in Monticello Im sure Middletown has em too
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
Was at Middletown Gander last Weds. and there were no ice mags there at all !!

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
Middletown Gander mountain is a very BAD store! the way they look at a lot of things is like it is our HONOR to spend our money on what they tell us we want....   and they never really have the things i NEED!!
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
Glad Im not the only one who doesnt care for them much.

BTW  Barnes and Noble in Pok/Wapp Falls has a stack of both ice magazines when I last was in there
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
Long time no see for most of you, hope you are all looking forward to the upcoming season...I have popped in now and then, but now am pretty much gearing up for the upcoming season...Lots of changes in my situation, which most of you already know about. Picked up a few new Pro Staff positions this off season as well...Tight Lines Boys !

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Hey - Hey - Hey..... Topher is "Back In The House" !!!  Nice to see you here buddy.  What????  No ice yet down by you????  You're always getting out before me !!!!  Been seeing some of your latest creations on FB......looking real good.  Meanwhile, I've been banging away at those ocean going critters...... of my last three Party Boat trips I hit the boat pool TWICE (once with a 35 lb. Striper !!!)   Blackfish season is in full swing now..... limited out last week with fish to 5 lbs. and filled my freezer yesterday with two Striped Bass of 24 and 28 lbs.
Can't wait for first ice...... my neighbors are tired of hearing me fire up my auger in the driveway.  Stay in touch.... let's see who can find "walkable" ice first this year !!! 

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
Long time no see for most of you, hope you are all looking forward to the upcoming season...I have popped in now and then, but now am pretty much gearing up for the upcoming season...Lots of changes in my situation, which most of you already know about. Picked up a few new Pro Staff positions this off season as well...Tight Lines Boys !

nice to see your around. maybe we can get out this year. and how can i see what ya making???

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
nice to see your around. maybe we can get out this year. and how can i see what ya making???

John;  Topher is owner and builder at T7 CUSTOM RODS.  He shows what he's working on in Facebook from time to time.  I have a couple of his rods....they are "perfection"!!!  I matched them up with a couple of the new "In-Line" reels and love the way they fish.  Pick up a couple (he'll make them to your own specs)..... you won't be sorry.

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
I own a couple of his rods also, and they rock!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
well i have heard of them, i would like to get one in my hand for a hour or so....

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
i have the itch bad now tho!!!! i got my sled out and am working to make it a flipover from a few plan i found on here. but i gotta do a few things differant ya know...

hope to get some pics but i still dont have a camera since the 1 i lost on the ice....   lol hopes

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
Seems like you guys sure do have a lot of time to work on your stuff.... I'm too busy hunting/working

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
i am not hunting this year, moved and need time to learn the woods. so i figure i need to do something.....    lol

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
I was in Middletown yesterday afternoon getting new boots for work. Stopped in Gander Mountain they had ice fishing gear out picked up a few tungsten jigs. The display seemed smaller then past years. Also did not see one in-line reel or in-line combo. Next time I'm in the area will stop in Dick's .
Steve

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
I was over at Thruway market in Walden Saturday afternoon they have a selection of ice gear out. Not a big selection one two sided section of display rack . Once again I did not see any Straight/in line reels or combos.
Steve

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
I've stopped relying on the local box stores for most of my gear.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Once december comes around their displays will get bigger.... it's not even rifle season yet so they are still focused on deer season

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
I will be going to the local bait& tackle shops over the next few weeks to put up some flyers
on this years  New York State  Ice Pro - Am Tournament Series ...This is a great tournament
to fish a lot of fun ...http://www.NYSiceproam.com/
images.jpeg

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
hey dewey      if you can send me a flyer...

Offline icefisherman10990

• Team IceShanty Regular
Seems like you guys sure do have a lot of time to work on your stuff.... I'm too busy hunting/working
hey loudmouth hows your hunting season going? were do you hunt at

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
hey loudmouth hows your hunting season going? were do you hunt at

2 does and got a bear sunday night... still waiting on a buck and got another bear I should get a chance to kill (thanks dad for transferring a tag over when I do) lol. I got a couple spots in a 30minute radius I hunt

Offline icefisherman10990

• Team IceShanty Regular
You in Florida ny? I've passed on a lot so far still waiting for that bigger buck. I hunt in Warwick and Monroe

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
well I got the striker hardwater today and tried it on. all i can say is FURNACE!!!!!

the knees are great, a little low unless you run the bibs up...   i must say though that the pockets on each leg are in the perfect spot to grab and pull a little up to cover your knees as you get to a tip-up.

i sat outside for a LONG time today in it and know that its a good cold or windy day set. it is made VERY well! i love the layout of pockets and accessability.

the vents under the armpit area let the heat out well.

the zippers are awesome! the bibs leg zipper goes all the way to the hip for easy on/off.

it is a lot lighter then i expected. and while i had it all on i went for a walk to see how it moved. i was very comfortable. just my old carhart jacket weighs more then the bibs and jacket!

the hood is zipped on/off or folded back. it has a memory headband so you can adjust to how you want for each day.

profishingsupply.com    and the phone# is:612 801 7967.   when i called with some questions about the suit and its function range i learned alot. these people are very helpful and a pleasure to do business with.

they sent it right out and i got it 2 days after place the order in the morning. Check this place out, ALOT OF GOOD STUFF......

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
You in Florida ny? I've passed on a lot so far still waiting for that bigger buck. I hunt in Warwick and Monroe

I hunt in Warwick and Middletown passes on a lot of first year bucks

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
does anyone recomend someone to tune up my jiffy in the Middletown to Monticello areas? please pm me details.

thanks

boss jigs

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Boss Ji glad to hear you like the Striker Hardwater ice suit. I had to check a phone book there is J.J.Sommer's Inc. on Broadway in Monticello they maybe able to tune up your auger. I think they deal mostly with lawn mowers but it would not hurt to call them and ask if they will work on an ice auger engine.

J.J.Sommer's  365 Broadway Monticello,NY. 794-7740

Steve

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
thanks mr clean. thats what i am looking for. ill post after i get to talk with them.

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
Most any small engine mower repair shop can do it.  I took mine to Adams here in Poughkeepsie.
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.