New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095922 times)

onice2013

KB, glad you are safe man,, It wasn't safe along the shore where we fished but Saturday we seen others and decided to test the ice after using planks 2x10s off a shallow beach area. we walked off the planks onto thick and solid 6 inch test hole.. further out the ice measured twelve and it wasn't melting at all. Anyway just jigs.. caught throw back ,  some bigger ones at the hole came off  but no lost lures. [/img][/img] That is it for me until ice out crappies too, just too risky, tosday we didn't bother and seen no one on the lk either.. it just isn't safe along the shoreline unless you know where and how to enter and exit off this lk.

onice2013

not all images panned out here, again every lake  melts/thaws different ..some impoundments the water rises causing open water along shorelines even though the main ice is plenty safe as it was where we fished Saturday. Today the water rose and it wasn't as safe as Saturday because the water flow is rising. [/img]

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
Onice, nice eyes!

Thanks.  My boots are almost dry, and Im ready to go!!!!  There was enough ice out in the center, just not around the edge.

Maybe Ill head to Sullivan in search of ice. 

Any takers?

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

onice2013

KB, only certain impoundments are safe as I stated in previous post.  Iceballs ,  if I had the place and time, I would have visited you IS members but, as it was, my schedule was working on a private estate and managed to barely get in a days jigging ..but a good day it was Saturday and glad all had fun where you had your meet. I spackled and painted today ::) Only wish I had more time than I did this weekend. Enjoy and prosper.. KB please be safe and use a spud to check shoreline.. wear safety spikes  like the link I posted here.. also never a good idea ice fishing by yourself especially on unfamiliar water. gl be safe

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Unfortunately I spend most of my time fishing by myself.  In the very early part of the season and the last couple weeks of the season I like to fish with people around me for safety reasons.  This time of year I have a PFD and a rope on me or my sled whenever I go out, just in case because you never do know....  Ice picks are a standard as well.

Be good, or be good at it.

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
Onice, nice eyes!

Thanks.  My boots are almost dry, and Im ready to go!!!!  There was enough ice out in the center, just not around the edge.

Maybe Ill head to Sullivan in search of ice. 

Any takers?

KB.... I would love to go back up there but just got through with a three day, and last weekend, a five day!  My GF is forgetting what I look like !!   Maybe later in the week after I remind her who I am.... LOL

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
This weekend I might be heading to Lake George for the gathering up there, but still want to get out a little closer to home. 

PM me if you want to meet up.

Kb

onice2013

I tried closing my free photobucket account,, but they have no feature for me to close my own on that site :'(  so it is bye bye to photo bucket for good ;D any all in fun, later

Offline 4everlaker

• IceShanty Rookie
Ice fisherman rescued by a State Police Helicopter in the Muscoot Reservoir. Be careful out there.

http://midhudsonnews.com/News/2013/March/04/Ice_rescue-04Mar13.htm

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Tried fishing on the wrong side of the ice....

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
I have the 2006 VW tdi diesel if I put the rear seat down I can put in my shantie & all my fishing gear...I get 40 plus miles per. gal. I love the car.. I bought it new 180,000 miles & is still strong...
images.jpeg

Offline 2FishinBuddies

• Team IceShanty Regular
my 7.3 diesel kills me at 14mpg. been looking for a subaru wagon again.

Offline TrueNorth

• IceShanty Rookie
I have to admit,my diesel truck at 15-16mpg has that hinder effect too. I try to get my fishing buds to share the expense and lessen the pain. Fishing local waters grows old but exploring other waters, well that is exciting.
I fish because I have to......in order to keep my sanity!

Offline 2FishinBuddies

• Team IceShanty Regular
can be a real killjoy for sure. Having to leave is bad enough having to reset fuel pump twice just to fill it up is a killer

Offline 2FishinBuddies

• Team IceShanty Regular
Well put onice! Sad part nothing will change but our rights dwindling.  I was thinking of a used economy vehichle that I could get more trips in with. I just get bummed when season starts to end so I want to head north to squeeze in a few more days.

Offline glenn1776

• Team IceShanty Regular
Any hardwater left in the hudson valley area. Looking to get out wed.
Flag Up

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Nothing I would trust in Dutchess.  I was on Upton yesterday, and had 3-4 inches under me.  The ice thickness varied where you went.

Unless I go upstate, I think Im done.

Whaaaaaa! :( :(

onice2013

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
and the seasons done...    till next year yall
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Just wanted to welcome Ice Balls son Mark to the Ice Shanty family. Also thank you for posting some photos from the outing at Lake Huntington.
Steve

Offline loustru

• Team IceShanty Regular
Thinking of getting out 1 more time on private lk near Highland lk which had plenty of ice as of sunday. Planning on sat morn, anybody want to go let me know here or pm me.lou.

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  going up to tupperlake  for the pro am tournament  one last blast...
images.jpeg

Offline wetdreams

• Team IceShanty Regular
Good luck.  Knock um dead. Walt

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
Anyone from "down south" thinking about Lake George meet this weeekend??  Thinking of making the trek myself.

Offline wetdreams

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hey ask Mike to go with you !

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
some hollywood celebrities have decided to invade orange county

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline wetdreams

• Team IceShanty Regular
Who are the celebrities that invaided orange county ?

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
brad pitt jessica biel justin timberlake jonah hill and james franko

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

onice2013

Man it is going to be a beautiful weekend upstate  this weekend.. anyone going to tupper lk derby besides Dewey? Wonder how bad that winter storm hit up there?

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
the russianbear is going to the tupperlake event also  ...I am looking forward to meeting him...good luck to iceballs & other members going to the lake George gathering , it's going to be a great weekend ...
images.jpeg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.