New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095821 times)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
I'll be uploading the Kill Shot from where we fished Sunday.....we made a major move about 15 minutes after we spoke...

and we threw back as many shorts too....

Offline LoneWolf

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>

onice2013 looks like you had a good day !   :thumbsup:

Those who are brave are free ..

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
(Image removed from quote.)

and we threw back as many shorts too....
Nice job Chris-you'll be filleting all week

Offline choo-choo steve

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I need to be on a Lake, River, Pond, or Stream.
Fishfighter a Paul Fallski of Florida,NY. won the King of The Ice contest with a 23 & 3/4 inch Walleye that weighted in at 5 pounds 14 ounces.Suprising usually a large chain pickerel is the winning fish.
 Loud mouth- Onice do not get into a big argument over Loud mouth's pb Muskie with the midwest crowd. I can see that thread becoming one of those legal versus ethical debates . To many members have lost their memberships over stupid stuff like the discussion in that thread.
Steve
mr.clean...long pickerel used to win alot until they changed the rules a few years ago. It used to be the longest fish was champ...now they combine total length and weight for each fish. Pretty sure it is 1 point for every inch, and 1 point for every ounce to get the score for each fish. They made this change to give a nice trout or walleye a chance to win.eg. a 23 inch 4 lb. 8oz. walleye can score higher than a 25" 4 lb. pickerel.
My boots on some ice... A Line down a hole...Fish on the screen.........Winter is good !! (ch ch st.1/2013)

Offline Edm87

• Team IceShanty Regular
Wow, I havent seen a pile perch like that since I was upstate.  Great job, I have a feeling I need to get out and fish this week.

Offline Moonshine mike

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Bulldog!!! Got 1
Took my son Dylan-7-out for the first time at west branch.  Slow day. Kid had a ball.  Next week maybe Lake George with Uncle Sean D.   

Offline quailman2

• Team IceShanty Regular
Where was the tournament this weekend that the walleye won it .

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
Where was the tournament this weekend that the walleye won it .

King of the Ice on White Lake in Sullivan County

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Choo-Choo Steve thank you for the info. on the scoring system used at the King of the Ice contest. I posted my remarks based on previous years results and the fact that I personally have heard of few people catching trout. (especially lake trout) . I did not even know White Lake had a population of Wall Eyes.
 Topher that is one impressive bunch of fish, congratulations must have been a lot of fun.
Steve

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
nice bucket of fish topher7694... sharpen the knife up...
images.jpeg

Offline quailman2

• Team IceShanty Regular
Never new white lake had a population of walleye in it. Thats news to me. thanks guys tight lines

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
walleye in white like are rare but every once in a while you will hear of someone getting 1. the population there is very thin...
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline quailman2

• Team IceShanty Regular
That stinks i thought i would have some where else to fish for them . Other then Oneida lake !thanks for the info.

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
6 inches ice on Morgan with no snow.   I stopped to jig and kill some time. No bites.
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline choo-choo steve

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I need to be on a Lake, River, Pond, or Stream.
Choo-Choo Steve thank you for the info. on the scoring system used at the King of the Ice contest. I posted my remarks based on previous years results and the fact that I personally have heard of few people catching trout. (especially lake trout) . I did not even know White Lake had a population of Wall Eyes.
 Topher that is one impressive bunch of fish, congratulations must have been a lot of fun.
Steve
Hey , no problem mr clean. White lake does have some walleyes...there were three that were entered at the contest...no trout weighed in this year.
My boots on some ice... A Line down a hole...Fish on the screen.........Winter is good !! (ch ch st.1/2013)

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
Anybody know of any baitshops that will be open for the king of the ice say around 7 a.m????????? I know sports nuts is now gone who used to be open for it. Did antithetical baitshop take its place????

Iceboy.....Sports Nuts is not gone, just moved to another store in Rock Hill.  When you get off Rt. 17 at Rock Hill....turn Left and drive about 1/2 mile....Sports Nuts is on the Left side of the road.

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
after the rain, and refreeze, its going to be slicker than snot out there...

Offline CatskillsFisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
Anybody fish Whaley Lake lately? I'm looking for ice condition and hoping to go there this weekend.  Any other info on the lake would be great as I have never fished it before. Thanks

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Oh sure, fish it when Im not around.......

What are you fishing for? 

Get there early as there will probably be kids on quads and sleds out there racing around, but sometimes the noise seems to wake up the bite.  You can park at the marina for $5, and its a quick walk to the lake. 

Offline icefisherman10990

• Team IceShanty Regular
Dies anyone use a hunting blind in the ice?

Offline CatskillsFisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
Thanks for the info KB! Good luck upstate ..

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Generally. they are not as strong as an ice shelter when it comes to wind and durability, but they should work.

Offline Gtownfishin

• IceShanty Rookie
Is there a public access to Greenwood lake? Never fished it but would like to try. Thanks. So glad I found this site.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Gtownfishin, Welcome to the Ice Shanty family. I believe there is access from a public park located on Windmere avenue in the village of Greenwood Lake,NY. . Post a reply two more times and you will be able to access the various reports and conditions pages. There is a thread for Greenwood Lake/Orange county.
 You can also go back to around page 260 of this thread and look for posts by a member called Loud Mouth he gives the access spot in one of his posts.

Steve

Offline icefisherman10990

• Team IceShanty Regular
Tried round lake the other day had maybe 6 to 7 inches if very slippery ice. Got skunked. Had fish on flasher just wanted nothing to do with any jig i showed them

Offline jghunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hi anybody fishing loch Sheldrake contest tomorrow?? Feb 23 7x3 . First time fishing that lake. Anybody have info on lake??
Thank you !! :)

Offline Gtownfishin

• IceShanty Rookie
Thanks Steve. I'll check it out.  We Typically fish small lakes in Sullivan, and will probalbly be at one of them tomorrow.  I'll share our story following.
-Troy

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
I think I need to move up to lake George (16 more lakers today-all small but lots of fun)

onice2013

I think I need to move up to lake George (16 more lakers today-all small but lots of fun)
Kevin, I trolled and camped on lake George some ten years ago when there seemed to be lots of little landlocks. I would like to own one of those waterfronts..lol.. at least rent one ;D anyway glad you are enjoying the great outdoors.

Offline agentx

• IceShanty Rookie
Hey guys, I'm new here too but grew up in Greenwood Lake.  We used to park on Murray Rd at a summer home.  Now I understand that it is frowned upon to walk through the summer home lawn. My guess would be that some Russian speaking gentlemen ruined that.  I know their buckets were normally filled with undersized crappie and had no room for their trash.  The new town park on Waterstone rd is a good option with the majority of panfish caught on the sandbar just off the beach.  The bar across from cove marina on Jersey Ave used to permit parking if you went in and asked.  Hope that helps and good luck.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.