New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1096005 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Ice boy 19 on rte.17b about a mile past the raceway is a store called Monticello Home and Garden that carries live bait . I do not know if they will open early for the contest. I believe they usually open at eight .
  Sorry to read about Sports Nuts.
Steve

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Sports nuts still in Rock hill moved to new location on rock hill drive past the on ramp to 17 west bound bout half mile or so on left (past humane society ) ps heard there is no live bait being sold at king of the ice  .Good luck to all today on the ice. :tipup:
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
My girl got the pole position for the Daytona 500! ;D
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Sports nuts still in Rock hill moved to new location on rock hill drive past the on ramp to 17 west bound bout half mile or so on left (past humane society ) ps heard there is no live bait being sold at king of the ice  .Good luck to all today on the ice. :tipup:
oh OK good to know. I drove by there a while ago and saw that he wasn't there anymore lol. Good to here that he is still in business.

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline choo-choo steve

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I need to be on a Lake, River, Pond, or Stream.
oh OK good to know. I drove by there a while ago and saw that he wasn't there anymore lol. Good to here that he is still in business.
The wife of the owner of sports nuts made an announcement at the weigh in for king of the ice she said" all our ice fishing gear is on sale now" al ot of stuff 50% off...give them a call ..in rock hill.
My boots on some ice... A Line down a hole...Fish on the screen.........Winter is good !! (ch ch st.1/2013)

Offline choo-choo steve

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I need to be on a Lake, River, Pond, or Stream.
I should add that they seem like nice people...She even called her husband back at the sports nuts shop, to see if there were some items still in stock...then she put me right on the phone with him...thought that was pretty nice. I will have to stop in there sometime.
My boots on some ice... A Line down a hole...Fish on the screen.........Winter is good !! (ch ch st.1/2013)

onice2013

I finally lowered the water some this past few days May God bless America!

Offline pfd5623sg

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Dont eat the yellow snow... or ice... lmao
nice job... are you going to say where you got them..lol either way great job...scott

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

onice2013

nice job... are you going to say where you got them..lol either way great job...scott
  land of the free home of the brave ;D

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Fished with Kevin (BC Shanty) today on Lake George.  Our groups of three iced 78 lakers! The bite was hot, all jigging! Great fish Kev!

onice2013

here you guys go!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/E6HFUtymKOs?feature=player_detailpage
lm, I laughed watching that again , definitely a memorial on ice my friend  ;D

onice2013

WTG with the lakers guys!, it was brutal this morning, we did but a couple of crappie the bite was off and the wind flipped my kenai a few times while trying to scoop holes clean lol..I guess the wind wasn't as fierce up on the king, or do you anchor your sleds ???

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
lm, I laughed watching that again , definitely a memorial on ice my friend  ;D

lol yea it was... check out the "wish you kept the muskie category" in the online tournament board.... You'll get another laugh

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=251399.0

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline NYICE84

• IceShanty Rookie
  • surfrat lookin for ice
Fished with Kevin (BC Shanty) today on Lake George.  Our groups of three iced 78 lakers! The bite was hot, all jigging! Great fish Kev!

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

WOW!!! :icefish:
fishaholic

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
also heard someone fell threw at glenmere last night.... don't know what part of the lake but that is what one of the guys who was put on stand by said today when I fished with him at King of the Ice... we got skunked by the way no keepers one 10 inch pickerel and one 6" perch out of about 60 tipups

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline Edm87

• Team IceShanty Regular
I have a dilema I would really like to get out and fish Greenwood lake tomorrow but I need some sort creepy crawlies for bait plan to just jig.  I know there is a baitshop map but does any one know a place that opens early. Ugh I wish I was back on onieda, not only for the fish but the fact there are actually baitshops around there that open early.   ???   

onice2013

also heard someone fell threw at glenmere last night.... don't know what part of the lake but that is what one of the guys who was put on stand by said today when I fished with him at King of the Ice... we got skunked by the way no keepers one 10 inch pickerel and one 6" perch out of about 60 tipups
  my guess it was somewhere towards the dam. I've only been there three times and this season and that would likely be the area to thaw knowing what I seen the last time I was there (few weeks ago) it is hard to say with each lake, we had enough to hold a dumptruck where we fished last five days.

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
WTG with the lakers guys!, it was brutal this morning, we did but a couple of crappie the bite was off and the wind flipped my kenai a few times while trying to scoop holes clean lol..I guess the wind wasn't as fierce up on the king, or do you anchor your sleds ???
By far the windiest day I ever fished in (40 mph), did'nt affect the fishing one bit.
Also had by far my best day fishing with 29 lakers (the 3 of us had a total of 78 lakers).
I think we might anchor our sleds next time (Mike went for a nice sleigh ride)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Onice looks like a nice day even got a visit from an eagle. Jager-BCShantey gentlemen when is the instructional video coming out ? Once again a great job icing lake trout . :clap: :clap:  Loud Mouth sorry to hear you did not have a productive day at the contest.
Steve

Offline Wille

• IceShanty Rookie
Brutal day on West Branch, yesterday WIND was the worst i ever fished in.  But got some nice yellows, and whites jigging.  Bobs Derby was on, had to fish .  You guys up in LG congrats, well done,,I had friends up there and they did not do as good by a long shot.
Wille

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Founder of OC NY Ice Fishing Club
Anyone know how safe and thick the ice is at greenwood lake?

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
WOW!!! :icefish:

I got those pics on my phone yesterday too...Nice Job Kevin !

Offline fishfighter

• Team IceShanty Regular
My girl got the pole position for the Daytona 500! ;D
I usually like reading your posts but you just dropped a rung after this post LOL.

Anyone know what won King of the ice?  I had to work.
Mark it 8 dude

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
I got those pics on my phone yesterday too...Nice Job Kevin !
thanks bro

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Fishfighter a Paul Fallski of Florida,NY. won the King of The Ice contest with a 23 & 3/4 inch Walleye that weighted in at 5 pounds 14 ounces.Suprising usually a large chain pickerel is the winning fish.
 Loud mouth- Onice do not get into a big argument over Loud mouth's pb Muskie with the midwest crowd. I can see that thread becoming one of those legal versus ethical debates . To many members have lost their memberships over stupid stuff like the discussion in that thread.
Steve

Offline fishfighter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Fishfighter a Paul Fallski of Florida,NY. won the King of The Ice contest with a 23 & 3/4 inch Walleye that weighted in at 5 pounds 14 ounces.Suprising usually a large chain pickerel is the winning fish.
 Loud mouth- Onice do not get into a big argument over Loud mouth's pb Muskie with the midwest crowd. I can see that thread becoming one of those legal versus ethical debates . To many members have lost their memberships over stupid stuff like the discussion in that thread.
Steve
Thanks
Mark it 8 dude

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Great job up on The King guys!! that's a lot of lakers!! :o
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
Anybody know of any baitshops that will be open for the king of the ice say around 7 a.m????????? I know sports nuts is now gone who used to be open for it. Did antithetical baitshop take its place????
845 794 2000     sports nuts in rockhill. they are open   they only moved down the road. if comming past rockhill exit and turn LEFT. go about a mile, its a dead end road, and sports nuts is on the left RIGHT WHERE THE ROAD ENDS. big open neon sign in window.
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
thanks bro

I'll be uploading the Kill Shot from where we fished Sunday.....we made a major move about 15 minutes after we spoke...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.